Gransnet forums

Chat

Argy Bargy madness, come right in! ??

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Thu 13-Dec-18 21:29:37

Ah, another year’s lease, wonderful!
Leave your worries at the door and put your feet up.

Doodle Sun 15-Sep-19 14:07:03

Goodness what a night we had last night. Could hardly hear myself think above the noise of chewy’s yellow trousers squeaking every time she moved. It wasn’t too bad until she started doing the birdie song then the noise was deafening. ?

Carillion01 Sun 15-Sep-19 20:14:31

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good bye....

Toodle ooh Lemon as promised.

Off now with the cricketing men from Oz.
Just leaving you Big Bruce because he won't be separated from you.

See you in two years for the next cricket bash. Sending you happy days. X

lemongrove Sun 15-Sep-19 21:06:58

Oh, you’re off then? TTFN and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!
At least I have Bruce to dry my tears.?
Watch out for Kev bowling you a googlie when you least expect it.wink

grapefruitpip Sun 15-Sep-19 21:12:58

a half of shandy please bartender.

lemongrove Sun 15-Sep-19 21:25:09

I’m on the bar tonight grapefruitpip so hello there, I can tell you’re new around here ‘cos we don’t have this ‘shandy’ you speak of.....but you can have a half of poteen or creme de menthe or vodka?
I like your lacy hotpants btw and your fishermens boots.smile

lemongrove Thu 19-Sep-19 14:38:14

Note I pinned up on bar door....
Chewbacca and Doodle and maddyone
Am going to be busy and then on a little holiday until next week, please keep the home fires burning, pay Thor and Trev and Big Jim on Saturday ( a tenner each) keep an eye on Marydoll ( and the till) and throw the Admiral out at 11pm each night.
Keep the peanut bowl topped up and encourage Soop to do more baking ( the haggis pasties are the punters top choice!)
See ya!

Doodle Thu 19-Sep-19 20:16:04

A tenner ? I usually have to pay them at least 20 for their services........or is that not what you meant lemon blush

grapefruitpip Thu 19-Sep-19 22:17:11

limonade tak

lemongrove Fri 27-Sep-19 16:41:27

Well, that was a nice little break.....back to reality now though.
I see the Admiral is still in situ with Soop asleep on his lap.
I have brought a whole case of Bath Buns to have with our coffee, has anyone seen Doodle.....and where has the till gone?!

Carillion01 Fri 27-Sep-19 19:53:09

G'day Lemo,
Been trying to Skype you at The Argy... from Oz...Where 'ave you been?

Not modelling again for The Argy Girls Calendar 2020???

I'm not being left out this year (pulling on her new scarlet, sequinned corset) you promised I could be Miss Springs...eternal, you know you did ????

Doodle Fri 27-Sep-19 20:09:12

Doodles at the airport with the tills takings trying to get a flight to Oz. Don’t see why carillion should have all those men to herself but they won’t let me on the plane. They say I’ve had too much to drink ....hic...don’t know what they mean hic... I’ll be back later lemon.....there’s still some loose change and a couple of buttons in the till....hic...cheers?

lemongrove Wed 02-Oct-19 09:07:37

I knew it! angry One if you always runs of with the till at some point in the year.
I have put a large empty pickled onion jar behind the bar now, and our takings will have to go in there.
Bring it back Doodle.....or else!
Carillion how did you guess? I am Miss February, Miss June and Miss October on it, there is still time to get your pic in it,
You can be Miss March/April /May.The scarlet corset sounds ace.??

Doodle Wed 02-Oct-19 22:10:53

You can put the jar away lemon. I’ve brought the till back. Not much left in it I’m afraid. Let’s have a happy hour at the weekend to get some takings in.
I wanted to be Miss October lemon. I thought I could pose with my new Halloween costume. I’ve dusted off my broom ? and I’ve got a sparkly black leotard with purple tassels and thigh high black boots with silver spurs. If you don’t let me be Miss October I’ll turn you into a pumpkin ? so there!

lemongrove Fri 04-Oct-19 20:39:50

Oh alright! I will be Miss November instead.We still need people to fill the other months mind you.I was thinking of Soop for Miss December ( dressed as a rather sexy elf as usual) and marydoll could be Miss January dressed in her white and silver mini dress and boots.
Any other offers?

lemongrove Fri 04-Oct-19 20:41:24

Chewbacca will you be Miss Feb?

lemongrove Fri 04-Oct-19 20:41:49

What a bevvy of beauties we will be!

Doodle Fri 04-Oct-19 21:05:21

Talking of bevy lemon, mine’s a pint of Guinness with a whisky chaser. What are you having ? ?

Carillion01 Sat 05-Oct-19 11:02:40

Knew you'd like the scarlet sequinned corset lemo, it's the one I -nicked- borrowed from you ready for the photo shoot.

Which month is Thor featuring in, not that I'm really bothered? -big fat fib- Just asking.

Your Ozzie beau, Big Bruce, says he'll be there when needed, says his glitter encrusted mankini has arrived ??

lemongrove Sat 05-Oct-19 13:06:49

Cor! Be still my beating heart!Big Bruce would look gorgeous featuring in my Miss November photoshoot with me, I could wear a matching glittery thong ( under my tweed skirt of course) and Thor has asked for Doodle apparently, to star with him in the Miss October one
Carillion would you like me to pair you up with Big Jim, the Admiral, Trev or the Captain, they are all available.?

Carillion01 Sat 05-Oct-19 20:37:47

Oooooooooooh lemo it's worth coming back from the colony for.

Can I have the Admiral?.?
Always loved a salty old sea dog...

I'll be gentle, but is he photogenic.
????

Doodle Sat 05-Oct-19 20:52:47

Yes I’ve got Thor for October carillion . I’m planning on swooping off with him on my broom after the photo shoot. Cackle, cackle ??‍♀️
As for the Admiral being photogenic, well .......he looks like a salty old sea dog....hairy, wet and covered in seaweed. Each to their own ?

Carillion01 Sat 12-Oct-19 12:52:08

Blimey lemon, love that peloton machine thingy you've installed in the cellar to keep us all fit perky for our photie shoots but have been trying to catch up with the Admiral all afternoon, he's spunky for his years. ??

Doodle Sat 12-Oct-19 21:28:39

Oh is that what it is?! I thought it was a new power source for our illicit still. I’ve had the Admiral on it all day peddling as fast as he can whilst Ive been trying to squash grapes under it ?. You can have him now carillion but I fear he won’t be much use, his legs are stuck in that position and you’ll have to pry him off the seat with a crowbar ?

lemongrove Sun 13-Oct-19 12:54:10

????
Oh, dear the poor old Admiral, but he’s obviously fitter than he looks!
I don’t know really if I should tell you all this, but I discovered something about him the other day ( when walking about near the docks, as I sometimes do).......our dear old Admiral isn’t what he seems!
Far from being RN, he actually runs a small dilapidated boat that offers paying customers a quick sea trip, you know the kind, round the bay and back for tea.I was gobsmacked, truly, as Jane Austen might have said.
So, am now wondering about the Captain? Perhaps he will turn out to own a tiny shrimping equipage??
Am so shocked still, I need a sit down and a double Pernod.

Doodle Sun 13-Oct-19 22:05:58

The Captains equipment is like a tiny shrimp! ? is that what you said lemon and the Admiral’s got a pedalo! What is the world coming to. You’ll be telling me next that Thor hasn’t got a real axe ?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion