Gransnet forums

Chat

Argy Bargy madness, come right in! ??

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Thu 13-Dec-18 21:29:37

Ah, another year’s lease, wonderful!
Leave your worries at the door and put your feet up.

lemongrove Sun 30-Dec-18 20:53:18

Am wearing my new Christmas outfit....twirl!
Whaddya think girls?

MawBroon Sun 30-Dec-18 20:54:43

It can’t be any more bonkers than outside! tchgrin

lemongrove Sun 30-Dec-18 20:56:27

Can’t have any ‘lying in’going on in the bar, I have cobbled together two large cardboard boxes for that purpose ( in the cellar) and put an old cardi in it for comfort....*marydoll*’s a hardy sort.

Chewbacca Sun 30-Dec-18 20:56:54

Hmmmm! When did you buy it lemon? I'm guessing before you ate your Christmas dinner, pudding, mince pies, chocolates, nuts, crackers, special cheeses, more chocolate and the pies off soop? It might need letting out a teensy teensy bit 2 foot.

lemongrove Sun 30-Dec-18 20:58:33

Welcome MawBroon ye’ll do for us, rough as ye are!
A pint of old black goblin for you with a poteen chaser?

lemongrove Sun 30-Dec-18 21:00:59

I know Chewy it is a bit tight, here and there ( especially there!) Still, emerald green silk hotpants and silver sequinned boob tube is a winning combo I think?

Buffybee Sun 30-Dec-18 21:02:43

Pull up a bar stool Maw.
Thor will take your order when I've finished oiling his chest.
I recommend a pint of Poteen for a start and one of Lemon's sausage rolls, only just out of date so just scrape off the mound and you'll be fine.

Chewbacca Sun 30-Dec-18 21:05:48

Is there anything non alcoholic on offer tonight? Don't fancy poteen--gut rot-- and I'm feeling delicate.

MawBroon Sun 30-Dec-18 21:07:56

Cheers!
I won’t say who or what I am drinking to, but god rot em might feature in my toast!

Buffybee Sun 30-Dec-18 21:08:29

NON-ALCOHOLIC!!!!!!
Chewy wash your mouth out with Creme de Menthe.
I've never heard such sacrilege in the Argy!
I'm shocked to the core! ?

Buffybee Sun 30-Dec-18 21:11:36

Cheers! Maw
As my old Mother used to say. "Don't let the bar stewards get you down."
You'll soon be up to speed when you've had your third pint of Old Black Goblin.

lemongrove Sun 30-Dec-18 21:11:39

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Trev gave to me
Twelve packs of peanuts
Eleven permanent tattoos
Ten selfies pouting
Nine Christmas doses ?
Eight white mankinis
Seven shots of whisky
Six sailors singing
Five gooollld rings!
Four pints of poteen
Three pairs of hotpants
Two (dozen) babies
And a ferret in a fir treeeeeeeeee!

lemongrove Sun 30-Dec-18 21:15:33

Wonder what the New Year will bring for us all at The Argy
( apart from the impending pack of babies) but may it be a good one for us all.
See you at the party here on NYE ?????????

Chewbacca Sun 30-Dec-18 21:15:37

Bleurgh! That Creme de Menthe is like toothpaste, urgh! How about a cup of tea? Is that available? A nice cup of tea and a slice of soop's Christmas cake! I've got a dental appointment booked for tomorrow anyway so it won't be a problem.

lemongrove Sun 30-Dec-18 21:18:01

Tea? Have you gone stark raving mad?
This is an alchoholic zone only!

Buffybee Sun 30-Dec-18 21:18:14

You're looking very stunning tonight Lemon. I thought I'd make the effort myself.
I hope you don't mind, I've borrowed sqeeeezed myself into your backless red Lycra mini dress and dyed my hair pink and blue ? Whadda ya think!

Chewbacca Sun 30-Dec-18 21:20:03

I'M DELICATE Lemon! And I want tea! Or something that resembles it in this flea pit.

lemongrove Sun 30-Dec-18 21:23:18

Well..... it’s different Buffy but didn’t you really mean to dye the hair on your head pink and blue?
We can see it because actually you didn’t manage to quite squeeze yourself into my dress, only half of you, and it’s now frontless as well as backless!

Chewbacca Sun 30-Dec-18 21:23:29

Budge up everybody, Marydoll has just announced that's she's expecting 14 now. You'd better get a bigger cardboard box and one of your jumpers ready in the cellar lemon. When she explodes, it won't be a pretty sight shock

lemongrove Sun 30-Dec-18 21:25:41

Ok Chewy we do have something that resembles it .....
Here, a steaming mug of ...something.Thor brought these titchy packs in, some sort of herbs perhaps?
Enjoy!

Buffybee Sun 30-Dec-18 21:27:37

The nearest thing to tea Chewy are the dried leaves that Maureeeeese had hidden in the cellar.
There you are! I've made you a big mug full. cafe

Marydoll Sun 30-Dec-18 21:28:29

You never could keep a secret, Chewy?.
I was going to ask you to be godmother, ( to all of them), you could read one of your many books to them, when you babysit.
The Kitchener's have been so kind, offering to knit the required fifteen vests. ???????????????

Buffybee Sun 30-Dec-18 21:28:34

Oooooo! Great minds Lemon!
Enjoy your delicious teas Chewy!!!

Doodle Sun 30-Dec-18 21:29:35

Oh for goodness sake buffy!!! First lemon and now you. How many times do I have to tell you, you’ve got it on back to front! Is it safe to dye your ahem ‘hair’ pink and blue buffy? I know maw said she put lights in her bush so I expect you thought you’d have to keep up somehow.

Doodle Sun 30-Dec-18 21:33:43

marydoll it’s only been five minutes since I left the kitchen and we were on 14 then. And now we’re up to 15 ?. Right I’m ordering protection gear and waterproofs for the rest of us because at this rate when your waters break we’ll all be washed away. ?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion