Gransnet forums

Chat

Invention you would like to see

(35 Posts)
Grammaretto Tue 18-Dec-18 09:52:02

Is there something you've dreamt up which, if manufactured, would really help you or someone else?
My current two are a magnetic, waterproof magnifier to read shampoo bottles in the bath.
Also window wipers worked from inside the passenger seat of the bus so I could see out the window instead a murky blur.
These are mine for now. Over to you.

Grammaretto Thu 20-Dec-18 08:29:59

This thread is getting dangerously like that cartoon movie WALL-E!!
If you stop doing things for yourself you may become a lazy slob like those characters.

Maggiemaybe Thu 20-Dec-18 08:42:48

Lazy slob Grammaretto? How jolly dare you? tchshock

Why even now I’m (thinking about) jumping out of bed and having a shower. It’s ruddy cold, I think an award of some sort wouldn’t come amiss.

Grammaretto Thu 20-Dec-18 09:03:27

Maggiemaybe humble apologies for suggesting slob like behaviour.
I wanted a long lie in today but was woken at a silly hour so am grumpy as a result.
Keep the ideas daydreams coming.thanks

Maggiemaybe Thu 20-Dec-18 09:13:49

Grammaretto, I’m still not out of bed, so I fear you do have a point. tchgrin

I’m not giving any more of my brilliant ideas away. I wrote to Lever Bros in the 70s suggesting that they add their products to cloths to make domestic cleaning easier. Probably not one of my best moves, especially as my cousin was a patent officer at the time. tchgrin

fourormore Fri 21-Dec-18 13:56:29

Another fantasy invention - a way of unscrewing your head, washing it out and replacing it when you just know you have a cold starting gringringrin

Grammaretto Fri 21-Dec-18 14:33:34

fourormore hmm it sounds painful. I'm sorry you have a cold coming. I'm just about over one.
Best cures drinks: lemon & honey in hot water . Fresh orange & grated ginger in hot water.
Sage and thyme as a tea. Brandy and ginger. Go to bed.

Elegran Fri 21-Dec-18 15:20:42

kateykrunch What you need is a knitted knocker, as at www.kkukciowix.com/

Kateykrunch Fri 21-Dec-18 15:28:11

Elegran, thanks, have tried those, not suitable for a big girl if you know what I mean and I just want to not have to wear a prosthetic some days and be flat on one side whilst the other side has the support required. When Cherrytree gets her mind controlled sewing machine, I’ll ask her to ask it to make me a 1 cup bra!

fourormore Fri 21-Dec-18 19:20:52

Thanks Grammaretto I will live - us women are survivers.
I fear that man-flu may appear later tho haha! grin