Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(30 Posts)
12Michael Wed 19-Dec-18 06:18:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning , have a blood test later??
Anyway , enjoyed "Jersey Boys" at Oxford , good music , but over use of 4 letter words as well, very much an adult show average age in show was around 60+
Mick

ninathenana Wed 19-Dec-18 06:28:01

Morning Mick and all who follow.

I've been awake since 5am but haven't looked out yet. Can't hear wind or rain.
Present wrapping to finish today and some cleaning.

We enjoyed Jersey Boys too Mick.
Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Wed 19-Dec-18 06:33:39

Morning Mick, Nina and All. Also awake since silly o’clock with a too many thoughts . We’re promised a decent day so the hopeful plan is to be out for a drift around and some lunch. Not sure what if the rain is still here. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Wed 19-Dec-18 06:36:38

Morning Mick, morning nina, morning all!

It's still dark in North Leicestershire but, like nina, I can't hear anything outside so that bodes well.

I have to go to the bank today but then it's a bit of pootling and faffing.

kittylester Wed 19-Dec-18 06:37:16

Morning corner.

NannyJan53 Wed 19-Dec-18 06:39:54

Good Morning Mick *Nina Corner and all to follow.

Just been out the garage and it is still very rainy and it rained all day yesterday?

Was a mixed emotion day yesterday. My DD's 40th, then attended a funeral service for a girl I worked with a few years ago. She was only 39 . I certainly hugged my DD a bit tighter last night.

A day of housework, ironing, present wrapping, and icing the Christmas cake tchsmile

Glad you enjoyed Jersey Boys Mick it is on my 'to see' list.

NannyJan53 Wed 19-Dec-18 06:40:35

Good Morning kitty our posts crossed smile

BlueSapphire Wed 19-Dec-18 06:49:48

Good morning everyone; still dark but dry in Northampton.

Well, my Kindle fire finally died on me yesterday; refused to charge at all, so have ordered a new one which should arrive tomorrow.

Lovely lunch out yesterday with friend, will definitely try the pub again.

Cinema this afternoon to see Robert Redford's last film, 'The Old Man and the Gun.' Has had good reviews.

Hope it's a good day for all.

BlueSapphire Wed 19-Dec-18 06:58:48

Have been using laptop and mobile to post on here yesterday and today since my Kindle died and have noticed that my username is different. On my Kindle it's Blue45Sapphire and on laptop and phone it's BlueSapphire - I have no idea why or how.....

BlueSapphire Wed 19-Dec-18 06:59:34

I am the same person, honestly!

Minerva Wed 19-Dec-18 07:04:36

Good morning everyone. I woke up before any of the grandchildren and just enjoyed a peaceful breakfast and a rare chance to get on my iPad.
Dark outside but the forecast is for some sunshine so perhaps I had better do a wash. I am so far behind in my preparations for next week that I feel rather like going back to bed and sleeping through the week ahead.

Willow10 Wed 19-Dec-18 07:11:48

Good morning all. Too dark to know what it's doing yet in East Northants. Lovely day with great grandchildren and Father Christmas yesterday, he was such a nice chap and spent a long time with them. He also told great granddaughter that Nanny's are very special people and should be treasured - I think we would agree with that! grin Last archery before Christmas this morning, so we will be having a 'fun' shoot with balloons etc. Blue, are you sure its you -have you checked in the mirror? ;-) Have a good day everyone!

aggie Wed 19-Dec-18 07:18:36

Good Morning all , seems dry and still out . Club Christmas lunch today ,we have a raffle and everyone gets a small prize smile

NanKate Wed 19-Dec-18 07:27:21

Morning Mick Kittyand All.

Dark and calm in South Bucks.

Making spaghetti Bol to take to eat on Xmas Eve lunch, I know not very exciting but the DGSs will gobble it all up.

No sign of Gillybob again hope she is ok.

Glad you enjoyed The Jersey Boys. I have been warned before the language is bad so have given it a miss. I am not prude but just can’t bear the relentless effing and blinding, call me old fashioned and you would be right.

Susiewakie Wed 19-Dec-18 07:27:27

Good morning everyone very dark herein derby .I am looking after 2 DGD under 5 today! Should be fun if exhausting .Have a good day everyone x

Gagagran Wed 19-Dec-18 07:31:16

Good Morning everyone!

We are promised a day of showers and sunny spells here on the south coast. It feels milder though.

I almost got to grips with the new microwave yesterday - until the porridge boiled over. Hey ho. On top of that, my trusty halogen blew up. It was 5+ years old and in use virtually every day. We have ordered a replacement, online, which should be here today or tomorrow. Just hope there isn't a third appliance replacement needed!

Have a good day everyone! sunshine

Brunette10 Wed 19-Dec-18 07:33:32

Good Morning everyone from a dark and damp Fife. Both DH and I feeling better thank goodness. DH's car going in for MOT so I will do some shopping at the same time. Have a day to ourselves so looking forward to a slower pace. Have a good day and for those feeling under the weather, look after yourselves.

dragonfly46 Wed 19-Dec-18 07:36:01

Morning every one. Raining here in Leicestershire.
First up to care home to pick up clothes, then visit mum in hospital.
Walk with friends this afternoon if dry.

Marydoll Wed 19-Dec-18 07:44:35

Good morning Mick and all. It's three degrees here in Glasgow, but the house is very cosy.

A busy day ahead after yet another sleepless night.
I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms from the steroids which is making me quite anxious.
Please forgive me if I sound "nippy" on any of the threads.

DD is moving out of her flat and we have to wait for a charity uplift of her furniture today.
I have time slot of 4 hours sad, so I intend to spend the time cleaning the flat from top to bottom. I have a strong suspicion that the charity won't turn up.
We have already been turned down by lots of charities, as the flat is two stories up.

This is not our usual day for the nursery pick up, but our wee granddaughter has her party today and she is exhausted with the constant coughing, so we offered to pick up right after the party instead of her staying for wrap round.

I too am concerned about Gillybob.

Have a good day everyone.

DoraMarr Wed 19-Dec-18 07:47:25

Good morning from a damp and cloudy Birmingham. Some shopping to do today, then a book to finish, and writer’s group this evening. Afterwards we’ll come back here for mince pies and drinks. It will be a bit of a squash if all 20 of us turn up, but it was fun last year with 14.
Glad you enjoyed your theatre trip Micheal. And Annie I hope you have a good day.

Mapleleaf Wed 19-Dec-18 07:49:53

Morning all
Been awake ages again so decided to come down and have my porridge.
Looks damp on the ground outside, but I think it has stopped raining for now. We are forecast a fairly grey day, but fairly mild.
Have got the majority of the presents wrapped now, just need to get a couple of larger gift bags, the ones I have are not quite large enough, then I think I'm done! (Apart from the one gift still to buy, but that will be done at the weekend).
Glad to hear you enjoyed "Jersey Boys" mick.
Hope everyone has a good day. tchsmile

Pittcity Wed 19-Dec-18 08:00:27

Good morning from a wet Colchester. A pink tinged grey sky..... shepherd's warning?
Christmas show in town this morning with Wednesday coffee group followed by Christmas lunch at a local pub.

Sar53 Wed 19-Dec-18 08:10:26

Good morning everyone from a wet Essex by the sea, it was poring down about half an hour ago. Housework and cooking to do this morning, Lasagne for tea, then OH has his first physio this afternoon. We then have to go into town to pick up some ordered goods from Debenhams. I'm hoping I can park close enough to the shops as OH on two sticks and cannot walk far.
I hope everyone has a good day.

Greyduster Wed 19-Dec-18 08:32:37

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dreary here in South Yorkshire, but dry. Domestics today and lunch out, then I have a medical appointment. Have a good day, folks.

Anniebach Wed 19-Dec-18 08:45:45

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Still raining in Powys.

Hope everyone has a good day x