Gransnet forums

Chat

ISIS girl

(232 Posts)
M0nica Wed 20-Feb-19 23:26:51

to continue where we left off......

Chewbacca Mon 25-Feb-19 19:33:30

Apparently, she spent some time working as a makeshift nurse, dressing the wounds of the terrorists on their return from murdering and beheading civilians. Bless her.

Lily65 Tue 26-Feb-19 13:27:22

I notice there is an article in todays Guardian about a women's community for Yazidi girls/women.

What do we Grans think about some how supporting this?

Sorry I don't know exactly how to send funds and so on.

www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/25/yazidis-isis-female-only-commune-jinwar-syria

Jalima1108 Tue 26-Feb-19 17:00:20

There are several charities helping Yazidi women and children although they help others who are the victims of conflict too.

en.unesco.org/partnerships/non-governmental-organizations/amar-international-charitable-foundation
www.warchild.org.uk/yazidi-appeal
Are two of the charities.

Lily65 Tue 26-Feb-19 17:01:34

Thank you J. I thought it might be a nice thing after all the bitterness.

Jalima1108 Tue 26-Feb-19 17:09:42

I'm sure there was a small charity specifically set up to help Yazidi women but it appears to have been shut down.

I was stopped by a chugger in the High Street and when I said I supported a small charity as I didn't want to support the lifestyle of the big charity bosses, he warned me, very darkly, about giving money to small charities.

However, that's what I do, others may want to give to larger well-established charities.

Lazigirl Tue 26-Feb-19 17:14:58

I agree you do need to check out charities before you donate Jalima. Some large charities are also worthwhile. Thank you Lily a really positive idea.