Gransnet forums

Chat

Put it In the bin (bit of fun) put your pet hates in the bin

(211 Posts)
calamitycarrie Tue 26-Feb-19 22:01:49

If you could put something in the bin
What would it be ?
I’ll start
Being called love by a shop assistant who is 30 years younger than me !!
IN THE BIN

gillybob Wed 27-Feb-19 14:03:01

People who stop at the top or bottom of escalators to have a chat with their friends

Oh crikey yes mapleleaf really dangerous when you are coming down the travelator (like in my local Asda) with a huge trolley full of shopping. There are several occasions when I have had to shout to get them to move . You can't exactly stop at the bottom. Then they look at you as though you are the idiot !

Wheniwasyourage Wed 27-Feb-19 14:06:00

Drivers who don't indicate when I am waiting to cross the road. OK, I may be "just" a pedestrian, but I still need to know if you are going in front of me or the other way, and I am probably in just as much of a hurry as you! angry

Litter louts.

People, whether politicians on radio or TV or workers in Complaints Departments (yes, Abellio, I'm looking at you) who don't answer the question asked, but the one they wish had been asked.

Me, for not keeping things tidy as I go along and then having to rush around in a frenzy of tidying when visitors are expected. blush

Teetime Wed 27-Feb-19 14:14:47

Chewing gum

B9exchange Wed 27-Feb-19 14:50:28

I'd lke to bin all NHS quangos, and any public servant earning more than £200,000 a year, think how many operations and treatments that would fund!

KatyK Wed 27-Feb-19 14:51:49

People who spit in the street (or anywhere else). It's disgusting.

Jane10 Wed 27-Feb-19 15:13:12

Sooooo much to agree on! If only us Grans ruled the world. Sigh.

Juliette Wed 27-Feb-19 15:20:04

The mother of the child, on her phone, whilst said child decapitated a glorious clump of daffodils.
I interrupted her conversation to point out the toddler vandalism. Her response.....F* off yer miserable old cow I pay me poll tax. He can do what he likes I’ve paid for them flowers.
Hope you can find a big enough bin for her and her ilk.

Jane10 Wed 27-Feb-19 15:21:16

Juliette shock!

Oldandverygrey Wed 27-Feb-19 15:56:11

People who refer to their animal as a "fur baby" how naff is that.

sunseeker Wed 27-Feb-19 16:07:19

The driver of the recycling lorry who just blocked me in. I live in a narrow lane so reversed into a driveway to allow the lorry to pass and I could then continue up the lane to my house The driver deliberately stopped in front of my car trapping me on the drive whilst he and a colleague collected recycling from several houses - if he had stopped just a couple of feet further on I would have been able to get out angry

rascal Wed 27-Feb-19 16:15:23

Oh this is good, I've had a laugh, oh so true. Drivers who have to be first! They race round a blind bend and overtake approaching a blind summit. They have to rely on other drivers slowing down to let them on their merry way! Complete madness! angry

Kupari45 Wed 27-Feb-19 16:27:21

People who plaster our town with notices advertising an event or auction etc. then they never take them down, and we end up with tatty bits of cardboard telling us about events that were over months ago.
By the way I'm enjoying this thread, had a good laugh at some of them!

Grandma70s Wed 27-Feb-19 16:42:39

Dog owners who assume I love their dog as much as they do, and therefore am happy to be slobbered over.

Scribbles Wed 27-Feb-19 18:20:13

Smokers and vapers who occupy the space outside bar or restaurant doorways so you have to make your way through a smelly fug to enter or leave.

Come to think of it - just smokers and vapers!

Bathsheba Wed 27-Feb-19 19:46:03

Scribbles I was just about to say that about flippin' smokers and vapers in doorways. Also the fact that since the indoor smoking ban, we non-smokers can no longer enjoy sitting outside in the sunshine with our coffee and cake, because the outside areas have been completely taken over by smokers angry.

varian Wed 27-Feb-19 19:52:09

bin brexit

calamitycarrie Wed 27-Feb-19 19:58:11

Loving this
I’m new to this site & this is my first thread.
Thanks for joining in,You’re all hilarious &
I will gladly put all your pet hates
IN THE BIN
please keep them coming

callgirl1 Wed 27-Feb-19 21:33:42

I need to add, all the people, patients and visitors, who smoke right outside the hospital entrance instead of going to the designated area. And officialdom that lets them get away with it.

Mumble2 Wed 27-Feb-19 22:19:22

Coat hangers
New wrappers on Cadbury’s chocolate.
Labels inside clothes
People with very load voices

Littleannie Wed 27-Feb-19 23:03:46

People who say 'you guys' when you are with a group of men and women. I have started answering back 'do I look like a man? Why are you insulting me by calling me one? Do you need to go to Specsavers?' I get some very funny looks!

Grammaretto Thu 28-Feb-19 00:30:26

Full dog poo bags in trees and on paths. Whats that about?
Litter louts.
Nose and lip rings and ear lobe tunnels.

Grandma2213 Thu 28-Feb-19 02:25:47

The pointless and distracting one note drone or two/three note plinky plonk background (I hesitate to call it) music on otherwise excellent radio and TV programmes. It is so irritating I sometimes have to turn the sound off and put sub titles on and they don't always keep up. Grrr!

BradfordLass72 Thu 28-Feb-19 05:28:37

Doodle I put an old or foreign coin across the end of my sellotape, or any tape. You can always see it and there's no waste like there is when you fold the end over.

1inamillion Thu 28-Feb-19 06:44:52

People who let their dogs off the lead, then stand around chatting while the dogs foul the pavement.
Poor spelling especially on a menu, I have a rule now - if they can't spell it, I don't order it.
Add apostrophes to that eg ' avocado's' 'petunia's' ?
I knew I'd be back.

farview Thu 28-Feb-19 09:52:32

Dog owners who don't pick up their dogs poo..or pick it up and hang it on a treeangry
People who are quick to judge others!!!!