Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Wed 13-Mar-19 06:19:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Just about recovered from the late night out, anyway its dry but windy here in Brackley this morning.
Quite day , with cycle racing on TV later.
Mick

NfkDumpling Wed 13-Mar-19 14:41:14

If you think your hip may let you down glammagran ask for assistance. Anyone can ask if they are concerned and the staff would rather you did that and made your flight than miss it. (And its very exciting speeding along backwards on one of those airport buggy’s!)

glammagran Wed 13-Mar-19 11:19:56

Waiting in departures for flight to Bangkok. Glad to say my hip didn’t let me down on long walk to gate. I’d dreaded that bit as could scarecely stand up on Sunday.

Mapleleaf Wed 13-Mar-19 09:43:42

Good morning,
As Greyduster has said, it’s very windy here, with periods of sunshine. At the moment though, it’s raining.
The wind was very blustery through the night.
Hang onto your hats if you venture out today! ?

NfkDumpling Wed 13-Mar-19 09:32:10

Morning All

Very breezy here in the north of Norfolk and one fence panel down. Sleep like a log last night and only just now awake.

Still trying to get back into UK time. Still rather crackered. We’ve been in Costa Rica for the last two weeks travelling around. Rain forest (wet and chilly), cloud forest (wet and cold), lowlands (dry and quite hot) and then the coast (dry and Very hot). Saw lots of birds and a bit of wildlife and took over 3,000 photos! AND, best of all, NO tv or radio or news!!

Susan56 Wed 13-Mar-19 09:31:45

Morning all.Blowing a gale in Shropshire.Actually have a day to myself today.DH worked last night so is sleeping and the friend I had arranged to meet for lunch is unwell so we have postponed until next week.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 13-Mar-19 09:24:16

Morning all from a brighter (than yesterday) South Notts. Windy again last night, I do so hate lying awake in the early hours and listening to it. It's horrible for us widows. isn't it, feeling fearful and alone? Trying hard to remain cheerful.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Mar-19 09:17:13

Good afternoon (!) everyone from a very windy South Manchester. The gales woke me up at 4am and it took me ages to get back off. Nice to sleep in when we want to - a luxury of retirement!

Did think of soop in the wee small hours. And about a dear friend going through a lot at present. Then I even thought ‘I’m glad I’m not Mrs. May off to ‘that place today’. Poor woman. No wonder I couldn’t get back to sleep!

We are off to a new bar tonight which opened on Friday. Has a proper pizza oven and the owners are Italian and local to the area so it sounds promising. Have a good Wednesday everybody x

Anniebach Wed 13-Mar-19 08:57:29

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 13-Mar-19 08:34:09

Good morning from a bright east London but forecast not good. Playing tennis at 9.30 then have a couple of hours before school pickup. Will be taking GD to gymnastics after that where parents/carers are not allowed to watch until the end so will probably head off to costa where DD works. Have a good day.

cornergran Wed 13-Mar-19 08:30:45

Morning Mick, morning All from our very draughty corner of Somerset. Warnings this morning to stay away from the sea front. Admin day for me today. Yuck. Thinking of all poorly people and those with worries. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

EllanVannin Wed 13-Mar-19 08:17:47

Good morning All x
Still some high winds here near the Mersey. I could hear it roaring last night------a few poorly passengers sailing to Belfast I imagine.
Workman expected any time so disruption ahead sad

I too have been following Soop's " journey " so hoping all goes well. x

Stay safe everyone.

Greyduster Wed 13-Mar-19 08:12:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is very windy in South Yorkshire but the sun is shining on and off! GS has just sent me a photo of me holding one of his guinea pigs. It’s a very good one - of the guinea pig!?. Have a good day, folks.

Marydoll Wed 13-Mar-19 07:58:05

Good morning Mick and all from a blustery Glasgow.

There were a lot of strange noises in the night, I'm afraid to go out in the garden for a look.

Up early, as I couldn't sleep, so there is a batch of hot cross buns, just out of the oven, for anyone who is passing.
Years ago, I did it all by hand, thank goodness for the person who designed the Kitchen Aid mixer or my baking days would have been over.
Kalu, thank you for your good wishes.

I can't stop thinking about Soop, who is in a hospital only fifteen minutes away from my home. flowers

Off out early for an appointment, have a good day all.

Nelliemoser Wed 13-Mar-19 07:47:00

Good Morning All. It is foul outside. this weather has been going on for a while.
It seems to go around in circles of bad weather, calms down for a while and goes around again and comes back.
Not much can we can do about it though.
It will pass.

gillybob Wed 13-Mar-19 07:44:17

Good morning from a very windy NE coast . There will be Rich pickings on the beach today but sadly I’m off to “that place”.
Have a good Wednesday everyone x

megan123 Wed 13-Mar-19 07:42:13

Good morning everyone. The storm is still here, very black clouds, I wish for Spring I hate this weather. Woken early by my lovely dog pawing the side of the bed, but he is fast asleep on the sofa now!
Take care all, keep safe and warm.

ninathenana Wed 13-Mar-19 07:42:13

Morning all.

It looks quite bright through the gap in the curtains though I can hear the wind blustering here in Kent.
I hav to take DH to a gardening job this morning and pick him up later. DS is out all day so I'm home alone. Which I quiet like.
Enjoy your day everyone.

BlueSapphire Wed 13-Mar-19 07:41:52

Good morning all; it's bright but very windy here in Northampton. The radio keeps promising rain, so hope I can get down to M&S food and back in the dry. Need to get the rest of the food for my wine evening tomorrow.
Have a good day, everyone.

DoraMarr Wed 13-Mar-19 07:40:13

Good morning from a bright and sunny, but very windy, Birmingham. I’m going to a lecture today about Renaissance courtesans, which should be interesting, then I am going to help my partner choose a new pair of glasses. At some point I must type up my writing for this evening’s writing group.
I hope everyone has a good day.

1inamillion Wed 13-Mar-19 07:37:15

Good morning everyone. Very stormy night and still blowing a gale on S Glam coast. It is dry though.

Is it the Paris - Nice you'll be watching Mick? The wind played havoc yesterday didn't it?

Glad you are better Neti, take it easy.
Take care all in this stormy weather.

Brunette10 Wed 13-Mar-19 07:32:35

Morning to everyone from a bright and fairly windy Fife. Thanks Kalu feeling a better again but not 100%. I'm maybe needing out in this fresh air for a while to blow away all the germs smile We shall see. Hope everyone's day is good for them.

Menopaws Wed 13-Mar-19 07:31:56

Helping move son and family back into their completely renovated house, all kitted out for darling grandson, lovely big wet room, hoists, wide doors and ramps, so happy to see them back in it again. Hope the rain keeps off

Grammaretto Wed 13-Mar-19 07:30:55

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The storm has subsided and the sun is streaming in.
Will need to check for damage.

Cousins from NZ are coming to visit later. I hope we won't talk about Brexit.

dragonfly46 Wed 13-Mar-19 07:28:55

Morning all, blowing a gale and pouring with rain here in Leicestershire. Going to M&S today to park under cover.

aggie Wed 13-Mar-19 07:22:24

Morning All , it's horrible out