Gransnet forums

Chat

Just soooooo cruel!!

(57 Posts)
Kateykrunch Tue 02-Apr-19 14:11:15

We had to pull up for some road works yesterday, but we just felt that this was wholly inappropriate!!!

paddyann Thu 04-Apr-19 11:02:48

A new sign appeared near my daughters home last week,she lives between the nuclear bases on the west coast .The sign says NO DRONES ALLOWED ,her friends husband is a piper he and his pal took a photo of themselves beside it with pipes .They captioned it "you may take our lives but you wont stop our drones" ( a drone is an integarl part of bagpipes)

BeeWitch Thu 04-Apr-19 12:28:13

There's a large sign says HIDDEN DIP on the road a few miles away . Always makes me smile when I drive past...smile

SueDonim Thu 04-Apr-19 14:04:23

We once had dinner with some well-to-do Americans. After the meal both Dh and I nearly choked on our coffee when our hostess proposed we move to more comfortable chairs because she now had 'fanny fatigue'!

breeze Thu 04-Apr-19 14:26:10

SueDonim grin

The U.S. 'Fanny Pack' has a whole different meaning in the UK grin think 'prolapse' shock not 'bum bag' grin

Millie8 Sat 06-Apr-19 08:43:12

When I was a child l used to think Bill Stickers (ie Bill Stickers will be prosecuted ) was a man. ........

Conni7 Sat 06-Apr-19 12:04:08

My American son-in-law said "I'll just go and wash up". I was about to offer to help when I thought "but he has a dishwasher" so fortunately didn't. "Wash up" in America means "take a shower"!