Gransnet forums

Chat

Jill Dando

(38 Posts)
dragonfly46 Wed 03-Apr-19 11:51:42

Did anybody watch the programme last night? It brought back to me how shocked I was at the time and how tragic it was.

EllanVannin Wed 03-Apr-19 18:09:30

Riverwalk I'm not talking about her colleagues nor the BBC being involved in a cover-up.
I mean the way the overall case was handled by the police.

EllanVannin Wed 03-Apr-19 18:25:23

First of all the casing from the bullet had been tampered with by the shooter possibly as it had 6 indentations in it, meaning that it was cobbled together to fit the weapon . These casings carry serial numbers which can usually be traced back to not only the manufacturer but the salesperson who stocks guns and equipment.

The bullet should have been the main feature in this case.

BradfordLass72 Thu 04-Apr-19 07:43:00

EllanVannin Have you taken any of the free Forensics courses on Future Learn? They are absolutely fascinating.

I've done three and your questions occurred to me too.

If death was quick, with a head wound for instance, there should have been very little bleeding.

As for cover ups, there are numerous reasons why the authorities cover things up. Some of them have nothing to do with the reputation of the deceased who are usually blameless.

What about David Christopher Kelly for instance?

Eyes4Lies73 Thu 29-Aug-19 02:43:49

She did not live at home and only went back to change her clothes. It was not a sceduled stop and was not a routine. Any hired hitman would of known this and choice her fiancé's house as it was much more secluded. I think her neighbour Richard Hughes did it. He was a suspect right at the start and it was him who led police to Barry George.

He heard her pull up. He heard the gate click but then said he heard nothing else. Killings like this always turn out to be the most simplest of reasons and statistics show that a very high number of women are murdered by someone they know.

I do not think a hit man would need to knock a gun up in the garden shed either. I think Richard had a thing for Jill who used to spend evenings in his home before meeting Alan Farthing and he couldnt handle her getting married. He shows duping delight in his TV interview also and would be the only one who could of got to her in the short space of time it took her to get to her front door. If the killer was waiting behind her bush she'd of seen him when she went in her house as would Richard looking down from his wondow. and if he'd of been waiting anywhere else he would not of got to her in the time scale it took her to reach her door. (40 seconds) He said he was watching from his bedroom window as she arrived. (His words). And when he said "she screamed like she was greeting Somone she knew". I believe he was recalling her reaction to him! I believe he saw her pull up came down his stairs and hid behind his wall waiting for her to get out of the car before climbing over the wall when she was in her vestibule. That is I believe why no one saw anything and why he was the only witness who not only initially said he didn't get a good enough look, but went on to describe in court the man he saw as looking like comedian Bob mills. ( Barry George) looks similar..

The Serbs would of claimed responsibility if it was so politically motivated and if she was looking into pedophilia on the mid 90's there is no way she'd of been aloud to live 4-5 years after this so called dossier was handed in..Criminals do not go after the police who array them, the prison officers who lock them up or the prosecutor who puts them away so they certainly wouldn't go after Jill. "When you have ilimunated the impossible no matter how improbable what remains must be the truth" SH. And the truth is usually far more simple.

EllanVannin Thu 29-Aug-19 09:13:22

Interesting. He lived next door so would have been well aware of comings and goings as routine in the area before taking his chances. The motive was there too.

Ellianne Thu 29-Aug-19 09:51:00

That's possible. I've walked along that road many a time to go to Charing Cross Hospital. The houses are bunched really tightly together and it wouldn't be easy to hide in the tiny garden. It always surprises me in busy London how we can walk along many residential streets and rarely pass anyone, whereas in small villages there's often some one around!

EllanVannin Thu 29-Aug-19 10:24:13

Strange that in a few unsolved murders or those which state insufficient evidence, that the perpetrator nearly always blames someone else, who they usually know and at the same time have their own motives for doing so .

Eyes4Lies73 Sat 31-Aug-19 01:32:26

I think in order to rephrase not innocent enough you should take a look at his past criminal history. He certainly wasn't innocent enough! That doesn't mean in this case by the way. It means to be eligible for compensation you must have no previouse criminal history and certainly not have a pat history of convicted rape, stalking and assault as he did ...

Eyes4Lies73 Sat 31-Aug-19 01:33:20

Past*

Eyes4Lies73 Sat 31-Aug-19 01:35:33

And if you look at the crime scene pics it was an extremely bloody one..

Riverwalk Sat 31-Aug-19 06:55:18

Are you an expert on ballistics and gunshot wounds?

MawB Sat 31-Aug-19 07:01:32

Just wondering why this thread has been revived. Has there been a new article/TV programme or something?