Gransnet forums

Chat

Years of boys now girls

(33 Posts)
SisterAct Wed 03-Apr-19 20:47:31

After 68 years of boys on OH side we had our first GD and now GD number 3 is due early September.

Just wondered if others have similar examples

Caro57 Thu 04-Apr-19 17:09:11

A work colleague and his twin had only boys then 1 produced a girl, the first in 100 years if I remember correctly

yellowcanary Thu 04-Apr-19 17:09:47

My gran on my mother's side had 8 great grandsons and 1 great granddaughter. So far out of that generation only one of the boys has gone on to have a child with his partner which was a boy - it will be interesting to see what happens when the others decide to have children smile

Peardrop50 Thu 04-Apr-19 17:56:05

My husband is one of two boys, his father was one of five boys and his grandfather one of three boys. We have four sons, our first grandchild was a boy as expected. Imagine our surprise and delight when each of our boys then had daughters. We now have 5 granddaughters and three grandsons. Magic.

granjan66 Thu 04-Apr-19 20:57:32

Our daughter was the first girl in four generations of my husband's family!

jenpax Thu 04-Apr-19 21:24:24

I was an only daughter of an only daughter who was one of 4 daughters! I had 3 daughters the two eldest have three daughters between them but the youngest daughter now has 3 boys!

NannyEm Fri 05-Apr-19 00:50:53

KatyK My Mum came from a family of 5 girls. and had 3 girls herself. My older sister had 2 girls and so when I was pregnant it was naturally assumed that I would have a girl. I had a boy and we didn't even have a boy's name picked out. A boy in the family brought so much joy to my parents.

leemw711 Fri 10-May-19 03:54:55

I’m the proud mother of 2 sons but even prouder now that my younger son has made me a grandmother! My little granddaughter is very cute, a tall leggy blue eyed blonde who is now 6 years old and loves sitting with me in my bedroom as she watched music on YouTube!