Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Sun 07-Apr-19 06:20:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull and grey start here in Brackley but its daylight.
Usual day for me a brought a couple of steak and ale pies from a newly opened pie shop , and gather the filling is wholesome , will add some Jersey Royals , asparagus UK wise , runner beans and cabbage .
Will do the veg in the steamer, and pie in the oven.
Mick

Kalu Sun 07-Apr-19 08:55:51

Good morning from dreich Perthshire.

There you go Baggs. My mantra, there’s always a solution, has worked in your favour. I was going to type I love BS soup but it doesn’t read very well?

A very sad occasion for Minibaggs especially when it’s a friend at a very young age.

As long as all you do is supervise Marydoll. Remember, you are supposed to be taking this easy....Aye right?

Bloomin cat woke me at 6.00am. Wouldn’t mind so much if she could have made my wake up espresso as a form of gratitude instead she tootles back in and goes back to ‘my’ bed?

Only plan for this lazy Sunday is to plant some crocosmia. Bliss.

Have a pleasant day all.

EllanVannin Sun 07-Apr-19 09:07:37

Good morning All x.
Dullish day so far, a bit of a come-down from the lovely day yesterday but I suppose it's all we can hope for in April which can be changeable.

I watched a pretty hard-hitting film about the late Princess Diana last night on 5, called " Diana " and by jove did she have problems if the film was anything to go by. I was even thinking about it when I woke up this morning.

Usual lazy day with just lunch to think about later.

Have a restful day everyone.

Greyduster Sun 07-Apr-19 09:09:37

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a cool, grey South Yorkshire. Love the sound of your lunch, Mick. I’m another who loves a good pie! I am off later to look at camera tripods (exciting stuff!hmm), then we will call in on DD. Good luck to your DD for her 10k, Kitty. DD and her menfolk are all runners. Never thought it was something I would see DD take up, but she loves it. Have a good day folks.

harrigran Sun 07-Apr-19 09:09:41

Good morning, grey, damp and miserable in this part of NE.
DH out since 8am, I will get GD's room ready as she is arriving this afternoon.

Harris27 Sun 07-Apr-19 09:14:31

Good morning from a cold dull ne. Going to sons for lunch then back tonight to see bootleg beaters treat for sisiters birthday will Cheer us all up after sad week .enjoy your Sunday all x

Harris27 Sun 07-Apr-19 09:15:18

Beatles must check spelling!

mokryna Sun 07-Apr-19 09:17:14

kittylester
Near Versailles and yes I am back home disappointed but done 4.000 steps !

aggie Sun 07-Apr-19 09:18:12

Morning all , nice at the moment , we got a big Cherry tree yesterday and hope to get it planted today , but it is clouding over now

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 07-Apr-19 09:20:17

Morning all from an overcast South Notts. Hope all is well with you all.
Am so relived to be back online. The laptop would not
co-operate for over 24 hours and I was at a loss. I unplugged it at the mains, pressed buttons though I had no idea what I was doing and lo and behold it has all come back on. Phew!

crazyH Sun 07-Apr-19 09:21:08

Goodmorning Mick and all...
Went to see Motown yesterday....great feelgood show !

Kalu Sun 07-Apr-19 09:21:12

Good luck to your DD Kitty. A great sense of achievement for her.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 07-Apr-19 09:38:55

Good morning from east London; bit grey and misty here. Slow start after trip to Chichester yesterday to pick up DS. He’d decided to bring a load of stuff home now in case we weren’t around in June (?). Had a nice walk along Centurian way. Testing out my new toy (iPad) at the moment, voice recognition stuff is very new to me, club tennis tournament this afternoon including the draw for Wimbledon tickets. Have a good day.

Mapleleaf Sun 07-Apr-19 09:42:44

Good morning from a dull, grey, chilly South Yorkshire.

Doing the final stage of clearing the hall today for the decorator coming tomorrow - it’s the heavier stuff and harder to reach stuff which require two people to move, so I had to wait for DH to be home from work to help me. Shouldn’t take long, as there isn’t much to do as I cleared most of the stuff during the week. It was a good excuse to throw out some long forgotten, unused for ages, items that had been hidden away under the stairs!
I hate upheaval, but by next weekend, all should be straight again.

Your pie sounds nice, Mick, I hope you enjoy it.
Not sure yet what we are having, but it will probably be something with chicken.

Enjoy your day, whatever you are going to be doing. ?

Urmstongran Sun 07-Apr-19 09:45:01

Good morning everyone from a gloriously sunny Malaga! We plan to walk along the paseo later as it’s only a 10 minute walk to be ‘beside the sea’. The Mediterranean looks a gorgeous sparkling blue from here. Lunch will be in one of the beach chiringuitas where, especially Sundays, noisy Spanish families cram in to enjoy fish dishes with Spanish potatoes - a dish made with oil, stock, onions and red and green peppers.

Your pie & veg lunch sounds yummy Mick.

Aren’t dreams strange things? The other night I had a real Cecil B deMille production with guest appearances from fiends and family from 40 years ago! Quite weird.

Enjoy Sunday everybody whether you have plans or none. x

BlueSapphire Sun 07-Apr-19 09:46:31

Good morning all. Very grey in Northampton today.
I'm about to do a bacon butty but I'm sure I'll have room for some of Mick's lunch!
Off to watch Northampton Saints rugby this afternoon; we are playing Gloucester, keeping my fingers crossed and shall be wearing my lucky socks.
Lancashire hotpot in the oven to come back to and hopefully DSil will be able to fix my lawn mower.
The cats have the hump as they have had their flea and worming treatment today.
Have a good day.

Urmstongran Sun 07-Apr-19 09:47:02

Ha! friends obviously!

Annapops Sun 07-Apr-19 10:35:05

Good morning all from C Durham. Such a miserable grey day here.
DH is off cycling into the city for our car left at the restaurant last night after our meal. Italian food was lovely and we had a great night but DH realised when we got home he had dropped his wallet in the taxi. Fortunately for us, once we contacted the driver it had already been discovered. Sigh of relief all round. Now to arrange an appropriate rendezvous to collect it.
Hiking boots will be worn today as the plan to do a 7 mile walk up in Northumberland. Only our second walk of the year. We're way behind schedule.
Have a happy Sunday everyone.

1inamillion Sun 07-Apr-19 11:13:31

Mythbirtthedragon good luck with the draw. DD has got Wimbledon semi final tickets for this year's tournament after 10 years trying. Needless to say she can't wait.

Rufus2 Sun 07-Apr-19 12:17:33

Your pie & veg lunch sounds yummy
Urmstongran; Seems like you're getting homesick for some Lancashire hot-pot! Those Medit. diets get tiresome don't they? And I hope your "fiends" were friendly; another diet related problem.? You obviously miss us, but when I used to find a lovely scenic holiday spot my first (and only) message back home was " arrived safely; glad you're not here!" Cynical recipients probably muttered "so are we!" grin
Continue to enjoy Med. Blue rather than M/c grey and Happy Dreams! wine wine wine

Urmstongran Sun 07-Apr-19 12:31:13

Maybe you’re right Rufus (btw who is Rufus1 then?!)

In the other hand I think I just like food - most kinds!

Justme67 Sun 07-Apr-19 12:54:06

Kittylester on the South Coast, Bognor Regis. Lovely day today, although the garden desperately needs a face lift (so do I!)

Daisymay1 Sun 07-Apr-19 13:00:42

Morning or should I say afternoon now everyone . I’m here in a cloudy West Yorkshire . Can’t complain it was a beautiful day here yesterday . I’m just back from Church and having Bacon butty and cup of tea . Delighted as I parked my car to have a field of gorgeous lambs. Spring is here . Have a great day all ?

glammagran Mon 08-Apr-19 00:09:47

Ninathenana - we passed by Hungerford yesterday en route to The Fox & Hounds in Donnington, near Newbury for postponed Mother’s day lunch with both DD’s and families as we were too jet lagged on the day. It would be a dream come true to have all 3 of my children at the same time but it’s like herding cats!

Rufus2 Mon 08-Apr-19 12:27:05

IMG_20190105_0001.jpg
These sleeping beauties appeared once before; that's Rufus on the right with his friend Jessie! He's the original so no need for a suffix. a very obedient friendly temperament; always did as he was told (mostly, anyway) like me really, very intelligent, like all border collies and I still miss both of them.
a great goal in life is to become the wonderful person your dog thinks you are!