Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Mon 08-Apr-19 06:13:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull and grey start here in Brackley this morning.
Nothing much happening today , may pop into Banbury.
The pie I had for lunch was great and tasty and it was made local as well.

Mick

Marydoll Mon 08-Apr-19 06:53:43

Good morning, Mick and all who follow from a chilly, breezy Glasgow.

I have got up at the crack of dawn to go to the Edinburgh Botanic Gardens' meet up ?, but it will be well worth it. So looking forward to seeing my granspals , (as Soop would say).
I hope I don't fall asleep and start dribbling on the train. grin

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

kittylester Mon 08-Apr-19 07:01:34

Morning mick, marydoll, everyone.

It is grey in North Leicestershire. It was the same yesterday and didn't brighten up at all.

Glad the pie was good mick and have a great day, mary.

I'm going to the pub for lunch with 3 volunteering ex colleagues and then we are having fish pie for dinner.

Brunette10 Mon 08-Apr-19 07:05:59

Good Morning and to those who follow. It’s dull but dry here in Fife, no wind. Also up earlier for meet up in Edin. It’s so quiet just now. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Marydoll early start for you smile

Gagagran Mon 08-Apr-19 07:08:17

Good Morning Mick, Mary, kitty and everyone.

It's a grey start to the day here on the south coast but the forecast is for light breezes and sunny spells from 10am so it should dry the washing!

Hope you both enjoy your outings (and lunch) Mary and kitty. Did DH find a new car he likes kitty?

It's chores for us today including some planning and I am sure I will find the makings of a meal in the stores.

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

Gagagran Mon 08-Apr-19 07:09:05

Morning Brunette - enjoy your day out too!

1inamillion Mon 08-Apr-19 07:10:02

Morning Mick, Marydoll, Kitty
It is dry and cloudy here on S Welsh coast after a lovely sunny weekend.
Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Mon 08-Apr-19 07:10:44

Morning Mick Mary Kitty and All.

That pie sounds good Mick. Have fun Mary at the Botanical Gardens don’t get lost in the hot houses. I’m a dribbler too ?. Enjoy your pub lunch Kitty.

A small group of us have organised a small birthday party for one of our group who is 89 and another who is 80. The younger one sadly has terminal cancer and we are hoping she has the strength to attend her party, if not we are going round to her home fterwards with cake, flowers and a balloon just to give her a flavour of the afternoon’s get together. It makes me realise we have to value what we have whilst we have it.

Grey and cool in South Bucks.

Urmstongran Mon 08-Apr-19 07:24:52

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s cool with no sun. At least it’s not windy today as I can see the palm trees are not dancing!

Monday out here is our regular ladies’ afternoon. I love catching up with friends whilst I’m here. 3 of the ladies are retired too and live out here and apparently in my absence now meet up at a different bar for a change (how very dare they!) so I have a 20 minute walk now which will do me good!

Enjoy Monday everybody whether you have plans or none. x

Nannytopsy Mon 08-Apr-19 07:26:12

Good morning Mick and the team. My old boss is coming this afternoon so I have cake to make but finding it hard to decide which! Fruit cake or Victoria sponge?

Ginny42 Mon 08-Apr-19 07:30:49

Grey and a bit chilly at the moment in Cheshire, but hoping it turns out like yesterday which was a perfect, warm sunny day.

Enjoy the meet up in beautiful Edinburgh everyone and the birthday party Nankate. We do indeed have to value our good fortune.

Decorator coming at 8 so had to get up very early to move things. It will be worth it, but I always get lots done at once and create chaos! This time it's the kitchen and the hall and landing.

ninathenana Mon 08-Apr-19 07:32:15

Good morning everyone.

It's grey out there, we will be takling the M25 on our home wood journey this morning. It's been a relaxing weekend with some great entertainment.
Enjoy your Edinburgh meet people.

Beechnut Mon 08-Apr-19 07:33:16

Good Morning all.

Wet and grey here on Severnside.
Housework planned this morning and a walk to the mailbox and library this afternoon. My brother will pop by this evening.
I see our county town beat your rugby team BlueSapphire but I hope you enjoyed the game as the result was close.

Have a good day everyone ?

gillybob Mon 08-Apr-19 07:37:13

It’s a cold and dull start here on the NE coast . I’ve had very little sleep again but could easily dose off now if I lay down. Unfortunately off to “that place”in an hour. A lot of child care this next few weeks due to Easter holidays so taking a few days of my “holiday” to suit. It’s hard work and not exactly relaxing but can’t be helped .

Hope you have a wonderful meet up at the Botanical Gardens Marydoll, Brunette and anyone else lucky enough to be going along. Enjoy meeting with your friends and your nice walk Urmstongran and you too kitty.

Have a good Monday everyone x

GrannyGravy13 Mon 08-Apr-19 07:43:05

Good morning all x

It is grey in SE Essex and we had a heavy downpour just before 7pm.

Off to the gym this morning and then tackling the washing basket. Have 1 GC today, 2 tomorrow and any combination between 1 & 4 the rest of the week????

Enjoy your meet up in Edinburgh ladies.

aggie Mon 08-Apr-19 07:59:21

Good Morning all from a cold misty Co Armagh , Dentist this am , not my fav place

dragonfly46 Mon 08-Apr-19 08:03:47

Good morning all from mirky Leicestershire.

Restless night with bad dreams so staying at home today.

Hope you found a car yesterday kitty. Enjoy your meet-up in Scotland, I enjoyed ours last week.
Have a good day every one.

NannyJan53 Mon 08-Apr-19 08:18:27

Good Morning from a very dull Black Country.

Had a lovely afternoon with Mum at the Grand Theatre in Wolverhampton to see the music of Rodgers and Hammerstein (it was my Christmas present to Mum). She loved it, said it reminded her of her teenage years! She is now 89.

Today, have a plumber coming in to fit the dishwasher (I have never had one before). The kitchen re-fit is still ongoing!

Sorry I didn't reply to you NanKate the other day, but yes, there will be a virtual party at the opening of my new kitchen! There will be cake and Prosecco smile It will be a while yet, as we still have to chose tiles and have them fitted.

Enjoy you GN meet MaryDoll, and your lunch kitty

Have a good day everyone!

Willow10 Mon 08-Apr-19 08:22:01

Good morning all. Grey skies in E. Northants but at least its dry. Mike and the Mechanics were incredible last night, they just seem to get better and better with age. We sat in the second row of the stalls so it was very 'up close and personal'. My head is still buzzing. It was my birthday treat from youngest son who knows I am a fan. He really enjoyed it too, so that was a bonus. Quiet day today recovering from two late nights out and very little sleep. Hope it's a good day for everyone.

harrigran Mon 08-Apr-19 08:22:34

Good morning, grey and miserable in my part of the NE.
GD1 off on holiday with her classmates today, GD2 is with us but has to return home for music lesson early evening. DH has hospital appointment in a big city at rush hour just what you always hope for.
Enjoy your meet up.

Justme67 Mon 08-Apr-19 08:23:21

Good morning to you all, it is very misty here on the coast, wonder why we are having so many misty mornings? It is bright, thank goodness, and there is promise of sun later on. Must do a little housework today = horrible word. and then perhaps a little walk. Shepherds pie for lunch. Enjoy your days.

Susan56 Mon 08-Apr-19 08:32:22

Good morning from a very dull and cold wet Wales.We are off to the beach after breakfast ?and then the long drive home.Been a nice couple of days even though lots of driving.
Enjoy your meet ups everyone.Urmstongran,I am sure your walk by the sea will be a lot more pleasant than ours.Sounds like you’re having a fab time.

travelsafar Mon 08-Apr-19 08:40:51

It looks like a Novemebr morning here in Letchworth, misty, wet, grey, and cold. Not much going on today will catch up on some chores as out everyday for the rest of the week, in fact everyday until next Monday. Think i have a cold coming, felt feverish last night, with a scratchy throat and runny nose, and this morning have a bit of a cough with the other symptons. Hope i didnt pass on yesterday unknowingly to my son and DIL as she is working away for three days this week and the last thing she needs is a cold. Enjoy your day whatever you are doing and peace to all those in distress for whatever reason.

BlueSapphire Mon 08-Apr-19 08:42:22

Good morning all from a grey Northampton.
Lovely DSil has fixed my lawnmower, so may get the back grass cut this morning.
Younger DGD being dropped off in about 40 minutes, elder one has show rehearsal today, and needs picking up from town early afternoon, so an outing on the bus for younger DGD and me.
Not the result we wanted at rugby yesterday, but we live in hopes.
Hope everyone has a good day.

NfkDumpling Mon 08-Apr-19 08:48:57

Morning All

We seem to be bucking the trend here in Norfolk as it's a lovely sunny morning! Hopefully it'll be warm enough for me to repaint the name on the back of our boat. The paint didn't set well last time as it was too cold.