Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Mon 08-Apr-19 06:13:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull and grey start here in Brackley this morning.
Nothing much happening today , may pop into Banbury.
The pie I had for lunch was great and tasty and it was made local as well.

Mick

Anniebach Mon 08-Apr-19 08:55:06

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Council calling this morning to discuss windows and doors being fitted, wish they would leave me alone.

Hope everyone has a good day x

oldgaijin Mon 08-Apr-19 08:56:05

Good morning all from a cold, grey Aberdeenshire. Am still recovering from a hilarious "Evening with the Hairy Bikers" in Aberdeen's newly refurbished Music Hall. My middle still hurts from laughing.
Had a loooong WhatsAp chat with the family yesterday. Hong Kong was wonderful but it's school today. At least the kids get collected/brought home by a bus that does the rounds of the international schools. Daughter thinks they have found a suitable apartment to live in but their furniture is still somewhere at sea.
The mutt and I are off to the woods shortly then back home to a BATH...he will hate me for most of the day but it is a very necessary thing as he has rolled in something revolting...he thinks he smells lovely!
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Mon 08-Apr-19 09:04:36

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is grey and cold here in South Yorkshire, and GS is here eating his brekkie. We are baking his mum a cake this morning to celebrate her new job! We are going to be offline for the next few days, as we are visiting my sister in law in Wales and she is sans any kind of internet technology ?! We will no doubt come home when DH has used up all his data and is climbing the walls not being able to follow Twitter?! Have a good day folks.

Grammaretto Mon 08-Apr-19 09:05:04

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Still dreich but improving. I'm waiting on the workers coming to chop my hedgetrees it's a massive job and I intend to escape to meet GN chums at the Botanics later on.
I may be late but I'll find you grin

Greyduster Mon 08-Apr-19 09:05:56

Chin up, Annie! It’ll be great when it’s done!

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 08-Apr-19 09:09:23

Good morning from east London where it’s grey and wet; bracing myself to go and fill the bird feeder. Didn’t get tickets for Wimbledon yesterday (we did get centre court and roger federer last year so maybe someone else needs a turn). And my tennis partner and I have a trip to Eastbourne in June. Tennis again at lunchtime and possibly food shopping later. Have a good day.

BlueSapphire Mon 08-Apr-19 09:10:08

Beechnut, well done to Gloucester rugby yesterday, a good match. The team we had this time last year would have just rolled over, and Glos would have walked all over them. At least this year we are showing spirit and not giving up. Lots of injuries though, two concussions on our team, so they will be out for a few weeks. No more home matches till May.

EllanVannin Mon 08-Apr-19 09:21:03

Good morning All x
Another bright sunny morning, washing doing for the past hour so out on the line in a minute.

Up early, tidying cleaning and showering so now waiting to here the fate of the on-going central-heating debacle, if/when it's commencing but not looking forward to the upheaval of it all. Getting really fed-up with it all now as 6 months waiting for a decision is not on.

Ah well, worse things happen at sea ! No use me getting worked up about it.

Hope everyone's day goes as planned. Enjoy it.

EllanVannin Mon 08-Apr-19 09:22:11

* hear not here ( rolls eyes ) fingers are all thumbs.

DoraMarr Mon 08-Apr-19 09:23:37

Good morning from a chilly and overcast Bayonne, which my Bradshaw tells me is at the confluence of two rivers, the Nice and the Adour. We’re off to stroll along the ramparts, then a visit to the cathedral and the cloister. We might go to the same restaurant for dinner- the food was delicious.

Auntieflo Mon 08-Apr-19 09:23:37

Good morning Michael, Annie and all. It’s greyish, but dry here in Berks. Saw eldest DS yesterday, lovely. We don’t see him often enough, he’s always jetting off somewhere or another. Boring old jobs to do today, hospital check up tomorrow.
Annie, hope when your doors and windows are finally all finished, you enjoy them. It will be worth it, you’ll see ?
Have a good day one and all.

Kalu Mon 08-Apr-19 10:33:53

Good morning from Perthshire.

A lovely sunny start to the day. Helping a friend out this morning then we are having lunch in Auchterarder with another friend. Lots of blethering will take place?

Enjoy your Edinburgh meet up Marydoll, Brunette, Grammaretto and all other GNetters going along ?

Hymnbook Mon 08-Apr-19 11:02:57

Morning so tired can hardly keep my eyes open. Couldn't sleep had about 2 hrs. Dull cold and windy here in Huthwaite Nottinghamshire. Had a coffee to try and liven myself up. Wash day.

Marilii Mon 08-Apr-19 14:00:26

Nannytopsy, whichever cake you decide to make will be appreciated, so I would make the one that is easiest.cupcake

Marilii Mon 08-Apr-19 14:10:59

Good morning, all cafe. Cloudy, rainy here this morning in Massachusetts. It's my day off and nothing exciting is planned. But just being able to stay home and not have to run errands is great. Might watch a movie later on. wink