Gransnet forums

Chat

What're your bad habits?

(91 Posts)
BradfordLass72 Tue 30-Apr-19 01:13:16

And I mean ones which by your own judgement, rather than anyone else's, you would rather not have.

I run hot, soapy washing up water and then walk away because it's just a wee bit too hot for my hands, and then forget so that when I get back to it, it's cold. angry

I hate wearing rubber gloves, so that isn't the answer. A timer is and I have one - but I forget to set it grin

So, what little imperfections do you admit to?

gillybob Thu 02-May-19 12:37:30

Me too JackyB its horrible isn't it?

Rufus2 Thu 02-May-19 14:25:10

unless it involves "this place" of course
Gillybarb: You've got procrastination, not its opposite, whatever that might be!
Still curious as to what or where "this place" is! confused

gillybob Thu 02-May-19 15:13:50

I can barely bring myself to say the words roof wink

“This place” is where I am now ....”that place” is where I go Monday-Friday . It’s kind of a weekday lunatic asylum where I get out on a Friday lunchtime .

FarNorth Thu 02-May-19 16:33:12

That's parliamentary language gillybob.

pen50 Thu 02-May-19 18:27:49

Deffo ADD here; find it very difficult to stick at boring tasks. Or situations. Or people ?.

sluttygran Thu 02-May-19 22:37:47

My worst fault is that I cannot resist buying lovely shoes which I can’t even stand in, let alone walk in them.
I enjoy wearing them whilst sitting on the edge of the bed, tho’, and once when I had to use a wheelchair for an outing, I wore my ‘killer heels’ and was perfectly comfortable ‘cos I did not walk a step!
My other faults? I’m not saying, but they are fun! grin

DanniRae Fri 03-May-19 11:19:01

Well judging by your Gransnet name I think we can all guess........sluttygran !! grin

sluttygran Fri 03-May-19 15:46:16

I thought someone would say that! grin
Actually, I earned the nickname ‘slutty’ because I am incorrigibly and irritatingly houseproud - it’s like calling someone very tall ‘Little John’.
My daughter is even worse, she has terrible OCD, which I sometimes feel may be my fault. We both get very excited about new cleaning products and household appliances - what a pair of saddos - so the shoes are a welcome relief!

Gonegirl Fri 03-May-19 16:07:13

I bite the inside of my mouth. Sometimes until it's so sore it hurts to move it. It makes my front teeth hurt too. I am wearing them out. Can't stop. Done it for years. Bonkers.

DanniRae Fri 03-May-19 18:10:18

It had to be said sluttygran - but after your explanation I must apologise blush
Oh dear Gonegirl that sounds so painful. Have you tried any sort of therapy?

sluttygran Sat 04-May-19 15:09:27

No apology necessary, DanniRae. I quite enjoy the frisson of having a scandalous nickname! grin

BradfordLass72 Sun 05-May-19 04:17:24

I just found a website with t-shirts reflecting bad habits, some of them appropriate for posters here (self included)

One says, 'Hold on, let me overthink this.' smile

AND: 'Sorry I'm late, I got here as soon as I wanted to.'

And the priceless:
'Some things are better left unsaid - which I usually realise right after I've said them'. grin

DanniRae Sun 05-May-19 09:19:28

I love those slogan t-shirts BradfordLass - are they available in the UK?

GabriellaG54 Sun 05-May-19 21:16:01

Wow! I love all of those sayings. Pity that they're not my preferred V neck tees.

BradfordLass72 Mon 06-May-19 02:54:29

I did look for you GabriellaG54 but it seems the V-necks don't really have enough room for a long slogan. sad