Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Wed 01-May-19 06:15:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
This being the st of May, there has been Morris Dancing on the Piazza by the Town Hall since 0530 this morning.
Usual day for me , some cycling on Tv later, wait announcement of the former team Sky livery today.
Mick

BlueSapphire Wed 01-May-19 08:39:38

Good morning everyone; it's a lovely bright sunny day in Northampton, and I have just put a load of washing in.

Had a really good outing to Rushden Lakes yesterday. Got my refund for returned item at M&S, and bought a new pair of white(!) summer jeans for the princely sum of £5! Apparently I had a 20% discount, and then a £10 credit voucher. A good bargain. Also got a nice t shirt.

Treated myself to lunch at Zizzi, which was very good.

However shine taken off a bit by absolute gridlock in the town centre when I got back to Northampton and didn't get home till gone 6.30pm.

Few jobs to do around house this morning, then health walk after lunch; need to lose those pounds I put on on the river cruise!

Just been listening to the lovely Mayday madrigals from Oundle School on local radio. Remember doing that at college - happy days..

Urmstongran Wed 01-May-19 08:41:32

Good morning everyone from a glorious Malaga. We are homeward bound this afternoon with a very civilised flight time of 5:30pm. I shall miss the sunshine (although I have read it’s going to be sunny in the U.K. starting this Bank Holiday weekend) but I’m looking forward to giving the grandchildren a squidge tomorrow tea time!

You made me laugh Beechnut with your punch punch! Brought back playground memories.

Just reading about your day yesterday made me exhausted Gillybob! You must have amazing energy levels. I admire all you do for your family.

Right. Best crack on tidying up, then breakfast and shower as I like to get to the airport early for the hassle of ‘belts and shoes’!

travelsafar Wed 01-May-19 08:50:51

Looks fine today but no sunshine as yet here in Letchworth. I am off to the supermarket and bank this morning then hoping to get the lawn cut front and back when i get home as rain forcast for tomorrow and Friday and i wont get time over the weekend as bowling both days. Have a happy day everyone.smile

aggie Wed 01-May-19 08:56:53

Good morning from a lovely sunny Co Armagh , not been out but I think it is chilly
Club this morning , we aren't all old dears , but I think I have slid into that category from some remarks I overheard , better smarten up and apply the lippy wink

Anniebach Wed 01-May-19 09:00:21

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

EllanVannin Wed 01-May-19 09:25:25

Good morning All x
Slightly dull and drizzly looking today so far, glad I went to Asda yesterday and got that over and done with.

I feel worn out just reading Gillybob's tasks and wonder how I once had the energy to work, see to GC then run for the bus. I certainly couldn't even envisage hurrying anywhere now, don't know if it's rank idleness or old age ! A bit of both smile

Must get washed and dressed ready to start the day whatever it brings. Hope everyone's day goes to plan.

Mapleleaf Wed 01-May-19 09:39:10

Good morning,
It's a bright, sunny morning so far even though the forecast says it should be dull and grey. I suppose that will arrive later.
A few outdoor jobs to be done today, then a spot of baking ready for SiL's to have with their cup of tea this evening.
Happy May Day, everyone. ?

Legs55 Wed 01-May-19 09:54:56

Good morning from an overcast Devon, maybe sun laterhmm. Ironing to finish today but first of all I am going to sort out kitchen cupboards as they are fairly empty before I go shopping tomorrow. Might get out in the garden this afternoon if I move myself.

Happy May Day all flowers

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 01-May-19 10:52:31

Good morning. Cool start in east London but if it’s like yesterday, it’ll be warm very soon. Quiet day to start -my turn to miss tennis - so should turn my eye to domestic things. Mustn’t do too much though, need to save some energy for an ex-colleague’s leaving do tonight. Have a good day.

MawBroonsback Wed 01-May-19 11:22:08

Good morning all
It looks sunny outside and seems pleasantly spring like.
I am having a duvet morning as I pulled a calf muscle last week and by the end of my day in London yesterday I could hardly walk. Rest seems to help -so that is my excuse and I am sticking to it!
Literature class this afternoon”Bring Up the Bodies” by Hilary Mantel.( For once I have read the book but am frantically trying to have a quick refresher.)
I am taking two friends and will see others I know there so I know I will enjoy that!

dragonfly46 Wed 01-May-19 11:39:26

Maw that is a wonderful book. I saw it performed at Stratford a couple of years ago and Hilary Mantel was in the audience.

MawBroonsback Wed 01-May-19 12:31:00

Ooh lucky you - one that got away sad