Gransnet forums

Chat

Groupon glee

(36 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Tue 07-May-19 18:13:31

I never bother with Groupon but must, at some time, have allowed them to send emails and as I was going out today and they'd sent me three of interest in tbe past few days, I checked them out.
2 were for Tesco and 1 for Primark, each were £5 for a £10 e-voucher.
So my £25.20 Tesco shop cost £15.20 and I bought 2 towels and a bathmat for £5 (£10) from Primark.
I've been ignoring and deleting them for months...silly me.
If you're interested, they're valid for 12 months.
I've used Wowcher to have 3 days in Radisson Blu 4* hotel in Potsdammer Place, superior room BB+ dinner for 2 people. £152.
Anyone else do this?

GabriellaG54 Wed 08-May-19 10:11:47

Esspee
Looking on trip advisor is a good tip. I try to always give feedback to all companies as it helps others to make up their minds. smile

123coco Wed 08-May-19 10:14:03

Bit of a bitch fest going on here today. Someone got out of the wrong side of bed this morning* MawBroonsback

MawBroonsback Wed 08-May-19 10:24:58

Today?
Not me????

arosebyanyothername Wed 08-May-19 10:35:25

I've used Groupon a few times and got good offers.
I looked for the Tesco offer but it's sold out sad

Nonnie Wed 08-May-19 11:33:13

I would only look at them for something specific, they mail far too often to actually open them. I always wonder why the seller needs to sell via these sites? There must be a reason they can't sell whatever it is and need to discount. Of course with the big company voucher it is simply a way of getting you in their store.

GabriellaG54 Wed 08-May-19 11:55:06

arosebyanyothername
The Tesco and Primark offers were 'invitation only' emails.
I haven't bought anything from Groupon for years so not a loyal customer nor do I regularly shop at Tesco. Maybe it's random marketing?

Maggiemaybe Wed 08-May-19 11:59:30

We went three times to a local award-winning restaurant for their multi-course tasting menu, which changed every few weeks. We could go with a Groupon mid-week for £20, or at any time without a Groupon for £60. Seemed like a no-brainer to me, and birthdays and anniversaries often fall midweek. smile Obviously the owners just wanted to fill the place at their quiet times, and why not? Sadly they’ve moved on now, but there are plenty of other deals out there.

Gabriella, I’ve just noticed that Topcashback are offering 12% cashback on Groupon deals at the moment.

KatyK Wed 08-May-19 12:02:08

Thank you Gabriella That's very helpful. We are signed up to PayPal.

GabriellaG54 Wed 08-May-19 12:41:25

Wow! Thanks for that Maggiemaybe
A double saving ?
Every little helps...eh?

GabriellaG54 Wed 08-May-19 12:42:34

Oops! Meant to put your name in bold. blush