Gransnet forums

Chat

we so need a second loo

(54 Posts)
petunia Thu 09-May-19 08:36:17

(I mean this to be lighthearted0

I really, really really need a second loo in the house.

We downsized several years ago and are now both retired. We have a lovely house and garden but I so want a second loo. Maybe a second bathroom. But there's no way to add one without major expense and upheaval

When we were both working, it didn't matter. Our routines kept us busy and out of each others way, but not now. Whenever I'm about to shave my legs/have a shower/cut my toe nails or whatever, there's a plaintive cry at the bathroom door. His bowels need to move AT THAT PRECISE POINT.

And no, he cant wait. It has to be then. So I stop what I'm doing and let him in.
Then of course, I have to go back in to the smell that creeps up my nostrils and lingers all day.

I believe there's some unknown biological mechanism that men possess that alerts their bowels to the woman's need for some time in the bathroom. Its like an alarm clock.

Nonnie Sat 11-May-19 11:30:20

Not really the place to ask this but why are our washing machines downstairs? We create washing upstairs, bring it down to wash then take it back up. Europeans seem to have more sense.

Cherrytree59 Sat 11-May-19 12:24:26

Nonnie I actually prefer my washing machine and tumble dryer in the downstair utility for a number of reasons.
1, noise - it is on a solid floor where as upstairs it would be on floor boards.
I also would not like the noise whilst in the bedroom.

2 If there was unfortunatly a flood or leak from washing machine it would probably cause less damage downstairs than it would upstairs and no risk of ceiling coming down.

3. Yes, I agree most of laundry is upstairs in laundry basket, but when bringing it downstairs, it is dry and much lighter and easier to carry than coming downstairs with wet washing to hang on the washing line.

My utility (and kitchen) is at the back of house so only have to carry washing in and out over a short distance. Washing

Cherrytree59 Sat 11-May-19 12:25:44

Don't no where washing came from!