Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(32 Posts)
12Michael Sun 12-May-19 06:18:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Awoke early as usual , anyway opened blinds to see a nice sunny and clear blue sky start here in Brackley this morning.
A slow cooker turkey curry this morning for today and tomorrows meals.
Be nice when weather gets warmer to have salads
Mick

Buffybee Sun 12-May-19 06:23:52

Morning Mick, I was woken once again at 4.15 with the noisy birds. Some days I can drift off again but today was wide awake.
Still blue sky and sunny and going out for Sunday Lunch with friend at 12.
Hope I can keep my eyes open. grin

Beechnut Sun 12-May-19 06:33:49

Good Morning all.
A lovely start to the day so I think I will spend it in the garden, weeding and reading.
Have a great day everyone ?

Ginny42 Sun 12-May-19 07:16:01

Morning from Cheshire! Frost on the rooftops earlier, but beautiful sunny morning. Walking with my neighbours this morning as usual, then cooking lunch for my sister and BiL. We'll go walking in the woods too later. Bluebells are past their best now, but the wild garlic is pungent and pretty.

Enjoy your day. If you're not well, take care of yourself. x

kittylester Sun 12-May-19 07:21:54

Morning all from a bright and sunny North Leicestershire.

We intend to have a gentle walk round the village this morning and then a bit of weeding. Ds2 is popping round later too.

NanKate Sun 12-May-19 07:26:28

Morning Mick and All.

Lovely sunny day here in S Bucks.

Most of the town off limits as we have a running race going on this morning.

Nice roast dinner for us this evening plus a substantial glass of red wine ?

Have a good day folks.

NanKate Sun 12-May-19 07:27:43

Hi Kitty hope you are back firing on all pistons, well a few of them anyway.

DoraMarr Sun 12-May-19 07:32:30

Good morning from a beautiful sunny Birmingham! From my windows I can see a glorious stretch of green in Cannon Hill park, and the other way the tower blocks and skyscrapers are poking up from the trees like towers in a mediaeval painting.
I’m off to Cheltenham today to meet my mother and sister. Spending the night in a nice hotel and coming home tomorrow.
Have a good day, everyone!

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 12-May-19 07:37:06

Good morning from east London, where it’s sunny and bright. Amazing contrasts in the weather yesterday, tipping down in the morning then late pm sitting out in the sunshine having post match tea and cakes. DP needs a walk today, we may just stray over to the Kent marshes. Like you, Mick, curry is on the menu; DS is home for a few days and feels like a change from pasta bake. Have a good day.

Brunette10 Sun 12-May-19 07:40:39

Good Morning to all and to those who follow. It’s a lovely, quiet sunny morning here in Fife. We had DGS1 overnight so up early today and washing is already out. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Hope today is kind to all.

1inamillion Sun 12-May-19 07:49:05

Good Morning. It is a lovely, sunny morning on S Welsh coast and so mild. A family BBQ later, my contribution is stuffed peppers with wild rice, tomatoes and feta.

A pleasant day to all.

Justme67 Sun 12-May-19 07:56:43

Good morning to you all, we at last have a bright and sunny morning, which helps to get me going, I am not sure what I shall be doing, but the garden calls, just wish I could do more than half an hour at a time. I might get the buggie out and try to get to B&Q for some weed killer, we shall see. Enjoy your days.

Pittcity Sun 12-May-19 08:20:04

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Has spring sprung again?
Pottering in the garden and Sunday roast today.

Marydoll Sun 12-May-19 08:21:34

Good morning from a bright and sunny Glasgow.
Slept badly, so a quiet day for me.
I'm desperate to work in the garden, but just not up to it.

DS1 ( who lives ten mins away), has suggested we come up for an hour, just to get me out of the house.
I will see how I feel later.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone!

harrigran Sun 12-May-19 08:33:31

Good morning, beautiful sunny day here in the NE. It is my birthday , DS and family will be coming for lunch and my sisters and BILs for coffee and cake later.

Mapleleaf Sun 12-May-19 08:38:30

Good morning everyone,
It’s a lovely , bright Sunday morning here in South Yorkshire. Still a bit chilly, but expected to warm up a bit.
Church this morning and pottering in the garden after lunch.
Marydoll, if you can manage it, a visit to your DS for half an hour or so might be just the ticket. ?
Hope everyone has a nice day.

BlueSapphire Sun 12-May-19 08:39:46

Good morning all from clear blue skies in Northampton.
A leisurely morning, and then thinking of having a trip (two buses) over to the town park to the open-air art exhibition. May also catch the silver band on the bandstand and get a wine from the park cafe! It's better than staying in on such a nice day, and the garden is too wet to do much.
Hope everyone has a good day.

cornergran Sun 12-May-19 08:46:04

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s a sunny start in our corner of Somerset, a bit chilly though. A little garden tidying for us today once Mr C has stirred. Happy birthday harri. ??. Hope you can get out for a little while marydoll and Sunday is kind to everyone.

1inamillion Sun 12-May-19 08:46:59

Happy Birthday Harrigran ???

EllanVannin Sun 12-May-19 08:48:12

Good morning All x
Beautifully sunny and bright this morning so will finish off the washing.
A roast beef dinner here for later and a chunk of my lemon drizzle cake.
I didn't feel particularly clever yesterday so threw a couple of paracetamol down my neck and am not so bad today. I just couldn't get warm and was glad went I went to bed !

A Happy Birthday to Harrigran, hope you have a lovely day.

I also hope everyone's day goes well.

dragonfly46 Sun 12-May-19 08:51:01

Good Morning from sunny Brighton. Sunday lunch followed by a trip to the circus with the DGC. DGD’s Frozen birthday party yesterday was amazing!

Happy Birthday harrigan.
Hope you feel better marydoll.

gillybob Sun 12-May-19 08:51:20

Good morning from a beautiful sunny NE coast. The sea is glistening. Hopefully I will get caught up on a bit gardening today, with 2 tired helpers in tow.

DGD2 (11) and DGS (9) are still both fast asleep after what turned out to be a very late night for them. DH took them to see the WWE wrestling (which they both love) at the Arena and although it finished quite late (10.30) they planned to walk to the nearest Metro station and get as far home as possible and I would meet them in the car. But typically the “not fit for purpose” Tyne and Wear Metro was suspended leaving tens of thousands of people stranded in the city. There had been a huge rugby match rugby on too so it was chaotic with no replacement buses and taxi queues a mile long.

Anyway, DH phoned me and I set out to get them but there were road closures in place because of the rugby and thousands of people just milling about not sure what on earth they were going to do. Anyway cutting a long story a little shorter, they ended up walking over the Newcastle bridge (almost midnight at this point) and I met them on the other side. The children (and we) got to bed after 1am !

It didn’t half spoil what had been a very exciting night for the children. Goodness knows how tens of thousands of other people (mostly strangers to the city) would have mangaged . This kind of thing is fairly typical with the rubbish transport system in this area.....and they bleat on about climate change....angry doesn’t cover it ! I’m sure the organisers of the rugby and the wrestling will think twice of standing such huge events in Newcastle again. I know I would.

Rant over !

I do hope you manage a little outing to your DS’s house Marydoll but do take it easy. Baby steps.

Hope you have a lovely birthday Harri you certainly have a lovely day for it. smile

Have a good Sunday everyone x

Greyduster Sun 12-May-19 09:04:21

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Maple has our weather bang to rights, and we are going to the Botanical Gardens later and then lunch at a local restaurant - if we can find a parking space.....
Happy Birthday, Harri!??
Have a good day, folks.

Nannytopsy Sun 12-May-19 09:04:56

Happy birthday Harri. What a nightmare in Newcastle!
After a long morning at eye casualty yesterday, I had an unspecified foreign body removed from my eyelid and the scratches to the cornea should start to heal. It still feels just as sore ...

Anniebach Sun 12-May-19 09:06:13

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x