Gransnet forums

Chat

Flatulent cats, part 2

(31 Posts)
phoenix Tue 14-May-19 21:03:45

Evening all,

I can barely type this for laughing!

Some of you may have seen my previous thread on this topic, so hopefully it will make some sense to some of you!

Well, dainty little Minnie, while making herself comfortable on Mr P had a "windy pop" (as he refers to them).

It was so bad, we lit a scented candle, which helped.

A short while later she moved to the other end of the sofa, and had another "emission".

The candle was still burning, but I remembered a tip that I read on a GN thread about odours in lavatories, and struck a match in the vicinity of Minnies nether regions.I

Mr P watched with interest, before saying "I don't think trying to set lights to her farts will help"

grin

phoenix Thu 16-May-19 19:19:08

Soorry, it crashed! I meant "appreciated"!

dizzygran Thu 16-May-19 20:18:51

Thank you for your post = really made me chuckle. My elderly Siamese is a bit gassy - she usually waits till she is sitting on my DH.

labazsisslowlygoingmad Thu 16-May-19 20:23:58

charcoal is very good for flatulence my dogs luckily like charcoal biscuits and believe me they need them but dont know how you could get a cat to eat them

Legs55 Thu 16-May-19 20:42:40

Thanks for the laughs, sorry I missed Part 1

My delightful ginger cat fortunately doesn't suffer wind or if he does he takes it outside. Given the treats he likes such as salmon with sweet chilli sauce, stem ginger oat biscuits, ginger biscuits, perhaps it's the ginger that keeps him "sweet"hmm

Lisalou Fri 17-May-19 20:29:13

I had a sweet little siamese years ago, a truly pretty little creature. But oh the farts. If you removed her from your lap because you needed to get on, or in fact, if you did anything she did not approve of, she would immediately fart - and oh boy the stink! I had never before or since, known man or beast capable of farting by design!