Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Sun 19-May-19 06:16:59

I have woken to clear blue sky's this morning, today usual day will have a salad lunch.
Then afternoon with cycling on TV.
Yesterday, in Buckingham the flea market stallholder who I get maps from did not turn up because the wet weather yesterday.
Must get my weight down as well , had a 2 course Chinese take away , Won Ton Soup, and Singapore Vermicelli .
Mick

oldgaijin Sun 19-May-19 09:38:25

Good morning from a damp Aberdeenshire...at least it's not raining.
Have been in bed for a day and a half with an infection, I think. Nearly called 111 but feel much brighter today, just what I need before chemo on Tuesday, but shall ring the helpline to make sure that it can go ahead. No mutt romps in the woods yesterday, so he is a bit disgruntled.
Am expecting a visit from two good chums this afternoon, who both have a wicked sense of humour, so that should cheer me up.
Have a good day everyone.

Greyjoy1953 Sun 19-May-19 09:41:28

Morning Mick and all, another grey start to the day but hopefully the sun will appear later as yesterday. Have a party this afternoon and evening to celebrate my sons engagement.

Have a good Sunday all.

Hymnbook Sun 19-May-19 09:47:20

Morning up early today. Sunny here in Nottinghamshire . Going to a new church this morning first time lve been for along time.

Legs55 Sun 19-May-19 09:49:26

Good morning all, sunny & breezy here in Devon, may not last though. Just having a lazy morning as usual on a Sunday reading the papers, crosswords & sudoku once I've had breakfast I've been up for a while just can't eat breakfast straight away .

Have a good day everybody & hope the weather stays fine

loopyloo Sun 19-May-19 09:55:06

Morning Mick and everyone! Today, I should go to allotment and cut the grass and sow lots of seeds. Home here a friend has given me lots of plants that need watering and planting. Plants have arrived by mail order so need urgent opening and planting.
My blood sugar was high this am so must have a strict low carb day and exercise.
Instead of which I am indulging in Gransnet.
Have a great day folks!

NannyJan53 Sun 19-May-19 10:13:36

Good Morning from a cloudy Black Country.

Woke around 6am, turned over and the next time I looked at the clock it was 950am, so not long up.

No real plans today, but have a busy week next week as out every day, so a relaxing day I think.

Have a good day everyone.

Elisabeth68 Sun 19-May-19 10:13:55

My 3 sons and their families all live abroad (USA and Asia)
My instant delightful moment is when one of their numbers comes up on my mobile to ‘ see how you are Mum’

Mapleleaf Sun 19-May-19 10:43:29

Morning all,
It’s brightening up nicely here in SY, so I’ll be out in the garden doing some more jobs soon. At the moment though, I’m keeping out of the way whilst DH fits a mini porch over the back door. Once that’s done, I’ll be able to get on.
Going out for lunch this afternoon for a change, so I’ve no dinner to prepare today.
Gilly I had an infestation of big fat greenfly on my lupins last year. The soapy water helped a bit but in the end I had to resort to wiping them off with kitchen roll and squishing them. The birds also helped a bit! They don’t look so bad this year, but the greenfly have taken more interest in the roses and honeysuckle, so down to the same strategy of wiping them off. Good luck!
Hope you all have a good day.