Gransnet forums

Chat

Agoraphobia

(35 Posts)
Rufus2 Wed 22-May-19 14:46:04

Evening Annie; Here it is! Hope you find it useful! Cheers!

KatyK Fri 24-May-19 09:32:30

I think he means Red Cross! grin

Anniebach Fri 24-May-19 09:55:17

Thank you Katy , I have always been honest, I am not the brightest coin in the mint ?

Rufus2 Fri 24-May-19 09:57:29

Fred is blue , what’s a ‘Red X’
Annie; I was just guessing, but blue is a girl's colour!? Although, my Freda is red because it's a safer colour and whilst I was tempted to go for British Racing Green it's too dark to be seen easily. grin
KatyK got it in one! smile Red Cross are coming to help; what's involved?

Anniebach Fri 24-May-19 10:53:31

Rufas there is a gentleman who works with the Red Cross in our town. He accompanies new scooter users for six weeks to give support and confidence , getting use to using pavements in town, entering buildings, crossing roads etc .

Do you ride Freda on grass ? I don’t mean across fields , I want Fred to have a garage in the back garden which means about 25 feet of grass from my back gate to the front path

dragonfly46 Fri 24-May-19 12:27:10

Annie you can do this! We are all going to hang around until you do! You are still a strong lady. As someone said the Red Cross turning up was fate. Keep moving forward. We are rooting for you.

Anniebach Fri 24-May-19 12:30:25

dragonfly hello , such kindness here, x I will not give up

Rufus2 Fri 24-May-19 13:42:33

He accompanies new scooter users for six weeks
Annie; That's a fantastic service! You'll get the hang of it in one lesson and as you already know, the driving controls couldn't be simpler; finger-tip control on the steering column toggles, rt.side for forward, left for reverse; no brake lever, Fred stops immediately as soon as you take your finger off toggle. wink
I haven't tried grass, but next time! Freda has 4 x 12 inch wheels so shouldn't be a problem, only concrete so far. Two speed ranges; 1) up to 5km/h. 2) up to 15km/h max. 5 is walking pace!, my preference! grin

Anniebach Fri 24-May-19 13:56:43

Rufas I am ok riding Fred in the area outside my bungalow but nervous about leaving the area and going to the main road, pavements, kerbs etc. Not been out of the Cul de sac for 2 years so nervous of traffic.

I have decided not to drive on grass, will apply to council to
have a small piece of the waste ground next to my bungalow
and put Fred’s garage there.

Doodle Fri 24-May-19 14:45:46

DanniRae thank you for your kind comment ?
I think Rufus and others are right annie, please don’t sell Fred. I think you would regret it. There is always hope and if you have your scooter there is always a chance you will get out on it. I would take this Red Cross chap as a sign of something meant to be.