Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(36 Posts)
12Michael Sun 26-May-19 06:18:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but its grey here in Brackley this morning.
A quiet day for me , at the moment out of interest I am trying to mix my meals as to having meat and then also some vegan type ready made ones.
Did my usual yesterday , and got the maps I wanted of the flea market ,and noticed something which could start to be a money making trend .
Japanese and Chinese items are getting trendy as to purchase, whilst on the stall where I buy the maps a far eastern person was also further down the stall , looking at this vase , and the dealer spotting it went and dealt with it she may have been Offred a good price for it.
Mick

dragonfly46 Sun 26-May-19 08:50:30

Morning all, still dry but cloudy here in Leicestershire. My garden could do with a little rain.

Pleased you got your tooth sorted out kitty, enjoy your holiday.

Brunette I ordered a special card for my DD’s anniversary some time ago and it has disappeared! Had to buy another one. I thought I was the only person who did this.

Easy day in today - hope everyone has a good day.

gillybob Sun 26-May-19 09:01:26

A late good morning from a very wet (but quite mild) NE coast. We were intending a nice walk along the pier and around the parks today but it’s not exactly the weather for it. We will see. A bit of rain never hurt anyone and the gardens were very dry so at least they are getting a good watering.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday x

Anniebach Sun 26-May-19 09:08:09

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Rain in Powys

Hope everyone has a good day x

Urmstongran Sun 26-May-19 09:09:13

Good morning everyone from a glorious Malaga. I’m sat in bed with my second cuppa (why not eh?) looking out of the window at the Mediterranean which is a sparkling cobalt blue. It’s only a 10 minute walk down to it.

No plans, shall put a wash load on and then sit in the gardens again. My husband will watch the Monaco Grand Prix on his iPad in the gardens - at least he will have headphones on so I shan’t be disturbed by the sound of racing cars squealing round the track! I’d rather hear the sound of the birds in the background.

Our little family at home are on 2 week end of term holiday (did it used to be called Whit?) but as mummy is a teacher she is able to do her own childcare - lovely for the smalls and great for grandma as I can be out here guilt-free!

Hope everybody has a pleasant Sunday whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

Legs55 Sun 26-May-19 09:13:02

Good morning all from a sunny but very windy Devon, hope it stays fine & I can continue weeding in the garden. Been up since 6.30 again, just been sat with Sunday papers, crosswords & sudoku. Must go & get my breakfast & find my "get up & go" or else I'll end up lazing around all day.

Watched Full Monty last night, I love that film so no early night, must try to get one tonight best laid plans & all that .

Have a good day whatever you're doingsmile

crazyH Sun 26-May-19 09:15:48

Goodmorning Mick and all ...enjoy your day, whatever you're doing.

Sar53 Sun 26-May-19 09:17:42

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. Out to see twin DGC this morning then afternoon tea at a lovely hotel later. This was a present bought for us when we got married earlier this year. Looking forward to it very much.
Have a good day everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 26-May-19 09:39:21

Good morning from east London; well it’s bright outside and sun is trying hard to break through. We’re going for a walk along the river Stort today then calling in on the way back to see a friend who’s just back from holidaying in Australia. BTW Mark Steel last night was brilliant. Have a good day.

Mapleleaf Sun 26-May-19 09:46:14

Good morning everyone.
Brightish here for the moment, but damp. I think we are in for a showery day. Feels cool, too.
No specific plans as yet. A take it as it comes day, I think.
Glad you got your tooth sorted kitty, enjoy your seaside break.
Hope you all have a nice day. ?

BlueSapphire Sun 26-May-19 10:19:20

Good morning all from a cloudy Northampton, although we have had a bit of lovely sunshine.

Had to ring the hairdressers yesterday as I realised my appointment was for the day they are installing the new hot water tank. Luckily they had a free appointment for the following week.

Found the film 'Georgy Girl' on tv last night and realised I had never seen it back in the day or read the book. (Surprisingly, as it's by my favourite author, Margaret Forster). Enjoyed a bit of nostalgia with the 60s fashions and music, but horrified with the way women were treated and thought of back then. We thought we were free and independent in those days....

Nothing really planned for today; plenty to do in the garden but I don't really feel like it. Planning to trim the front hedge tomorrow and blast the weeds on the drive. Have decided to get someone in to jetwash the drive, patio etc. An old schoolfriend of DS runs a cleaning company and he is coming to give me a quote when he gets back from holiday.

Hope everyone's day goes well.