Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wenesday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Wed 29-May-19 06:26:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but looks a bit brighter as to yesterdays start to the day in Brackley.
Quiet day, nip into Waitrose , visit from chiropodist , pay a bill and then from lunchtime watch todays stage of the Giro D Italia.
Mick

Urmstongran Wed 29-May-19 08:20:16

Your post was after mine oldgaijin - just want to say you must be going through a tough time. I admire your fortitude. Best wishes to you.

A friend of mine had to go through it (twice, bless) and she said she wasn’t brave at all. She likened it to getting on a bike and pedalling away in the hope she arrived at her destination, healthy once more.

She is.
?

Greyduster Wed 29-May-19 08:22:51

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A fair day in prospect until later this afternoon. I am waiting for GS to come over. We hope to get a bit of baking in today. I have a hospital appointment later.
Every good wish for your recovery Elizabeth1 - good to hear you are making progress. Have a good day, folks.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 29-May-19 08:56:15

Good morning from east London, quite bright this morning but temperature definitely dropping. DG still sleeping, not surprising as it was almost midnight before she settled down. I’m off to my tennis session so DP is hoping she’ll sleep a bit longer. We’ll be taking her to gymnastics at 4 then after she goes home, we’re off to a local comedy club to see Arthur Smith. Have a good day.

Anniebach Wed 29-May-19 09:07:14

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Rain forecast for Mid Wales today.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mapleleaf Wed 29-May-19 09:36:35

Good morning all from a bright but breezy SY.
Lovely to hear from you Eluzabeth1. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Same for you, Oldgaigin - take the day as it comes. ?? for both of you.
I need to pop into town to pay a bill, then do a quick bit of baking when I get home. After that, not a lot!
Have a good day. ?

dragonfly46 Wed 29-May-19 09:41:41

Good morning all - good to hear from you Elizabeth and sounding so positive.

I had a very confusing appointment with my oncologist yesterday so spending today getting my head round it. Also having a hearing test to add to my ailments!

Harris27 Wed 29-May-19 09:56:41

Good morning all from sunny NE dh broke news one if his jobs has gone bit of a shock as it keeps us afloat does have other self employed job so fingers crossed we can mange. I'm working and will have to up my hours so no long lengthy retirement thank you government for making me work till 66! Enough of my moaning good luck Elizabeth sending you hugs and realising how precious it all is! X

EllanVannin Wed 29-May-19 10:18:05

Good morning All x
Dull and cold here today and still wearing jumpers !
Was going to go to a funeral today but don't really feel up to it unfortunately. There are too many lately.

Haven't you done well Elizabeth ? Keep up the good work ! All good wishes to you and Oldgaijin and those who are recovering from serious illness. x

I don't envisage going very far today, just local shops and generally taking things easy.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Legs55 Wed 29-May-19 10:31:06

Morning all, grey, damp & cold here in Devon, hope weather picks up again. Nothing planned for today so I may have to do some houseworksad, not my favourite job but needs must & I haven't the excuse of escaping into the garden.

Keep up the good work Elizabeth1, flowers

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 29-May-19 10:32:27

Morning all from South Notts. White skies, it's not really doing anything at the moment. Feel quite industrious, changed the bedding and put the washer on. Off to town shortly.
Best wishes to you all, especially Elizabeth and Oldgaijin. Hope the funeral goes all right,*Ellan*.

Hymnbook Wed 29-May-19 10:32:54

Morning everyone it's my birthday today. Going out for lunch then hopefully if the weather holds a nice walk round newstead abbey. Hope today is good for you all

crazyH Wed 29-May-19 10:42:39

Goodmorning Mick and all.
You will get there Elizabeth1.....slow and steady wins the race.
Oldgaijn.....good wishes. Chemo can be tough, but worth the struggle.
Happy Birthday Hymnbook.....hope you have better weather than the dull, damp day in Wales.

HillyN Wed 29-May-19 10:45:09

Happy birthday Hymnbook, have a lovely day party cupcake flowers

nipsmum Wed 29-May-19 10:52:00

Morning all. Aberdeen is pleasant with hazy sunshine. Well done Elizabeth. Glad to see you are making good progress. Keep up the physio, not easy but worth it.