Gransnet forums

Chat

Raynauds syndrome

(29 Posts)
b1zzle Fri 21-Jun-19 11:10:42

Anyone else scared by the way their hands turn blue when retrieving something from the cold cabinet in a supermarket? If so - any suggestions?

M0nica Mon 24-Jun-19 09:58:42

I am not sure mine has been 'officially' diagnosed, entirely because I haven't taken the problem to a doctor. If you know what the problem is and there is no remedy anyway, why bother?

I had carpal tunnel syndrome off and on for 30 years before I saw the doctor after I started to need to take painkillers during the day. As the doctor took hold of my arm to probe and examine it, her eye was caught by the three yellowy white fingers of my other hand. She said ' Oh, you have Raynauds as well!'. I said 'yes' and that was the end of it.

Magrithea Mon 24-Jun-19 10:09:55

Like MOnica I'm comforted by the fact that so many have this condition. I get it mildly and it's come on in the last 15 years or so but not too bad. Random things set it off - certainly the steering wheel if it's cold, holding the trolley in the cold aisle of the supermarket but then air-con can set it off. It's only two fingers on each hand. Now DH seems to be getting it as he's on about 7 pills following his mild heart attack last year

Cagsy Wed 26-Jun-19 13:00:43

My DH suffers with this too and it's particularly difficult when he has to work in the garage in winter - even with the heater going (we work from home). I bought him some finger-less cashmere gloves and they really seem to help as the suggestion is that if you keep the wrists warm it makes a difference to circulation. I got them from Turtle Doves as they use re-cycled cashmere