Gransnet forums

Chat

Recording Boris and partner

(371 Posts)
annep1 Sat 22-Jun-19 10:30:54

This is totally ridiculous as a news headline. Can't a couple have a row without the world knowing. I'm not a Boris fan but this is out of order imo.

crystaltipps Mon 24-Jun-19 17:57:58

I wouldn’t worry about neighbours recording your rows day6 or getting it splashed over all the papers ( not just the lefty ones). Not likely to happen because you aren’t running fir Prime Minister.

crystaltipps Mon 24-Jun-19 18:01:50

What’s the betting they have a rushed marriage ( as soon as his divorce comes through of course), then there’s the saying” when a man marries his mistress, a vacancy is created”

Day6 Mon 24-Jun-19 18:29:01

If anyone on here has at any point in their relationship or marriage had to shout at their partner to get off them so loudly that your neighbours have heard you then you’re in an abusive relationship

Wow. That's a bit of a leap! hmm

I have heard my s i l many a time telling her husband, in a very angry and loud voice, to 'Get off me!" when he has tried to embrace her after winding her up or annoying her.

I really dislike the trend we seem to have of giving everyone a label and analysing every event and drawing our own conclusions.

Recently I've heard 1) She must be autistic - because she hates having her personal space invaded by huggy people, 2) he must be a narcissist/controlling - because he told his gf she wore too much make up when she went out, 3) he is an abuser - because she raised her voice and yelled at him during an argument.

Talk about adding one and one together and getting five. hmm

Any intelligent woman worth her salt (like intelligent, well paid Carrie Symonds, who has had an awful experience regarding the taxi-driver rapist) will not hang around in an abusive relationship. She is not a poor, down-trodden woman. She is a woman of means who could easily get revenge and spill the beans on high profile Boris if she were that way inclined.

Could be they are both raging alcoholics though? Red wine was spilt on the sofa so I can only draw that conclusion. hmm

SirChenjin Mon 24-Jun-19 18:35:47

Not a leap at all Day. Does your SIL really have to shout so loudly at her husband to get off her that their neighbours hear her? That’s awful - the poor woman. I trust someone is having stern words with him angry

As for your claim that intelligent women don’t hang around in abusive real actions - that demonstrates a monumental lack of understanding and awareness of how coercive, bullying and controlling relationships operate.

SirChenjin Mon 24-Jun-19 18:37:00

Relationships

Whitewavemark2 Mon 24-Jun-19 18:43:32

That sounds awful day6 perhaps you shouldn’t talk about it in an open forum?

Gonegirl Mon 24-Jun-19 19:14:45

Very much agree with Day6's post there.

Pantglas1 Mon 24-Jun-19 19:27:05

From what I’ve seen and heard, and I accept it may not be the whole story, she was the angry one and he was calmly trying to cool things down .... but that’s not fitting the narrative is it?

I don’t like/dislike Boris/tories but people seem to have taken right/left sides on this - a bit like when Corbyn was pictured sitting on the floor in a railway carriage even though it turned out seats were available.

I have no leanings either way and am happy to call out when either side is blinkered as so often happens.

Callistemon Mon 24-Jun-19 19:33:12

Could be they are both raging alcoholics though? Red wine was spilt on the sofa so I can only draw that conclusion.
I do hope that was a joke (I think it was grin)

Red wine has been spilt in this house on more than one occasion, and in restaurants.
We tend to be people who 'speak with their hands' and there are often consequences!

Callistemon Mon 24-Jun-19 19:34:32

I still wonder what the neighbour meant when he said 'the house was shaking afterwards'

Actually, no, I really don't want to think about it

Callistemon Mon 24-Jun-19 19:36:40

I don't know which bit you mean when you say That sounds awful day6, whitewave?

Do you mean people's suppositions 1, 2, and 3?

Misha14 Mon 24-Jun-19 19:52:12

Is it two women a week who are killed by abusive husbands/partners? For a neighbour to report this, after having tried to get the participants' attention by banging on their front door, seems to me to be responsible behaviour. If we all did more of taking care of others then there would be fewer domestic tragedies.

Beckett Mon 24-Jun-19 19:55:05

Everyone seems to be concentrating on the fact they called the police or recorded the argument - my problem isn't that they did that - my problem is with the fact that after the police told them everything was fine, they passed the recording to a national newspaper

Pantglas1 Mon 24-Jun-19 20:03:50

I’m with you Beckett that the call to the police was good practice but the call to a newspaper (any newspaper, let alone one that I knew to be directly opposed to Boris’s political stance and guaranteed to to stir the pot) was not the act of a good neighbour - and I have lovely neighbours that I would never inflict that on.

SirChenjin Mon 24-Jun-19 20:37:02

Perhaps not - but the question is whether a recording of his (their) behaviour was in the national interest, given his position. It depends what side of the fence you sit on - and neither side will agree with the other.

Pantglas1 Mon 24-Jun-19 20:55:51

So true SirChenjin and if you have no leanings you can be unbiased and judge each issue objectively, substituting one name/party for another, without bias.

crystaltipps Mon 24-Jun-19 20:59:46

Well the public are interested, otherwise why splash it all over the papers, and if it’s someone in the public eye who is running for the top job, then maybe it is in the public interest. Obviously those who love him think it’s irrelevant, and those who loathe him think it is relevant evidence of his shady character.

JacquiG Tue 25-Jun-19 12:32:53

Three sets of neighbours reported it. Noises like this and not reported or reported too late have resulted in women being killed by abusive partners. Police advise to report, always. And Boris has form on domestic violence.

Will he take account of the views of women on issues which affect them or will they be dismissed because he holds women in a certain amount of contempt?

Perfectly right to report. It shows what kind of 'man' he is, and he's not fit to be PM. Mind you, don't fancy the man who starves the NHS either.

JacquiG Tue 25-Jun-19 12:39:58

It's not true that seats were available when Corbyn had to sit on the floor of the train.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 25-Jun-19 12:58:43

Just as an aside, the picture of (Johnson) sitting with his squeeze in rural Sussex is a LIE. At the very least it didn’t happen since the fracas. He somehow managed to grow his hair overnight by a couple of inches, and then have it cut again. It is either an old photo shot by someone intending to blow the whistle on Johnson’s affair or it is a stand-in.

LIES LIES LIES

Whitewavemark2 Tue 25-Jun-19 12:59:21

Cressida Dick said it was correct to call the police btw

Pantglas1 Tue 25-Jun-19 13:24:39

As I understand it JacquiG, he was offered a seat in 1st Class, declined it, then subsequently took a standard seat when another family were upgraded to 1st Class.

Firecracker123 Tue 25-Jun-19 14:32:37

It's turning into a witch hunt now poor Boris fuelled mostly by remainer hatred because of his stance on Brexit trying to stop him becoming PM.

SirChenjin Tue 25-Jun-19 14:37:55

Poor Boris grin

Callistemon Tue 25-Jun-19 14:38:51

if you have no leanings you can be unbiased and judge each issue objectively, substituting one name/party for another, without bias.
However, there aren't many of us around Pantglas1 grin

You're right, there were seats in First but it is against Corbyn's principles to sit there. He has left his upbringing behind.

Perhaps it's all that rain making Johnson's hair grow, Whitewave - but how come it looked like a sunny day in the photo?