Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Sat 06-Jul-19 06:19:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another sunny start and its warm already here in Brackley.
My usual Saturday jaunt on the buses to Buckingham and Bicester . I will browse the Flea Market in Buckingham, and when I get home watch the remaining 2 hours or so of the first stage of the Tour De France which starts in Brussels.
Mick

gillybob Sat 06-Jul-19 09:07:08

A late good morning from the NE coast where it is a little cloudy but brightening .

I took my dad, DD and little Evie shopping straight from “that place” yesterday. Evie carried a red pepper all around the supermarket sitting in the trolley. I’m not sure what she thought it was but she kissed it and stroked it and had a bit of an “ab-dab” when she had to put it in the conveyor belt to go through the check out. I asked the assistant to put it through first and quickly gave her it back where her little face lit up. What a funny little girl she is .....needless to say the red pepper went home with them last night .

Not much planned for today except a bit of housework, changing the beds etc. I have a lot of childcare and overnights next week.

Have a good Saturday everyone x

TwiceAsNice Sat 06-Jul-19 09:09:27

Morning everyone. I’m back in South Wales for a little break with my lovely friend. It’s sunny and bright. Sat on her garden swing last night in the last of the sun with a glass of wine. Don’t know what we’re doing today will get the papers in a bit like to do the Telegraph crossword and quiz. Don’t mind what the plans are it’s so nice to spend time with her as since I moved to Surrey I only see her about 4-6 times a year instead of several times a week. Hope you all have a lovely day

Bellasnana Sat 06-Jul-19 09:15:40

Good morning everyone. It is extremely hot here in Malta. I try not to complain because I spent all winter being fed up with the cold, but it does slow me down somewhat.

Have just brushed half a bin bag full of hair from my dog, then run the vacuum round, now sitting having a coffee before tackling the ironing. The a/c will have to go on for that or I shall melt.

Sorry to hear you aren’t feeling too good Marydoll, hope you will feel better.flowers

I’m also looking forward to the tennis and will be rooting for Rafa as usual. ?

My daughter in California sent a video of everything in her living room swinging and shaking due to the earthquake. She said the newspapers have oversensationalised it, but it was quite scary at the time.

Hope you all have a good day.sunshine

harrigran Sat 06-Jul-19 09:16:44

Good morning from the NE, not sunny and not particularly warm, it is going to be 15 today at best.
GD's school concert was a little ambitious for a village school but they sang their little hearts out.
GD1 finished school for 8 weeks yesterday, she returned home in denim shorts and a little top, my eyebrows must have gone up a tad because she said it was dress down for charity.
Thinking of having lunch out again then we are to have coffee and cake with my sister and BIL who are back in the UK for three weeks.

Brunette10 Sat 06-Jul-19 09:42:32

Good Morning albeit a late one. Was up at 4.45 with a bout of sneezing about 25 times to be exact stopped counting. Don't know where that came from. Couldn't get back to sleep so had thoughts of going to the big sale which started today at 6 a.m. however would have wakened DH trying to get ready. Pottered about, went back to bed and have been up for an hour. Done all my housework so now off to garden fete with DD and DGS's. Phew! Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Grammaretto Sat 06-Jul-19 10:01:28

Very good morning all from the Scottish Borders. We've had a lovely breakfast in the garden with the scents of honeysuckle and roses - but some of us were inhaling midges.
Planning a trip to the seaside and then a small party this evening if we're still awake after a very late night.
Hoping everyone's weekend plans turn out well.

GabriellaG54 Sat 06-Jul-19 12:57:17

Marydoll
Wishing you sunshine and a relaxing weekend. ☀️?☀️?☀️? ?

Marydoll Sat 06-Jul-19 14:49:51

Thank you Gabriella, it's now 18°. It must be some sort of freak weather!!! grin

GabriellaG54 Sat 06-Jul-19 19:45:17

23 degrees here in Godalming at 19.40 down from 25 at 5pm. Temperature was perfect at 10pm last night coming out of the pub in Lurgashall onto the village green.

Marydoll Sat 06-Jul-19 20:07:11

You are just trying to make me jealous! grin

GabriellaG54 Sat 06-Jul-19 20:47:22

Not at all. I actually prefer cool to cold weather.
I did Google Largs after reading your post a few days ago about a day out playing golf and the beach etc and it looks wonderful area.
My late ex FiL was Scottish and two sons were named after two small islands off the Western coast.
It's a beautiful country and you have much to be proud of.