Gransnet forums

Chat

Your sofas

(131 Posts)
MissAdventure Sat 06-Jul-19 21:22:03

What kind do you have?
Slouchy leather ones, or wing back, more formal ones?

Sensible colours, or bright?

I'm looking at the ones for sale, but I can't decide what my style is.

I started off looking for a red corner unit, but I'm now swaying towards distressed tan leather. (I'll probably end up with plain black)

grannysyb Tue 09-Jul-19 11:19:09

This is ours, about twelve years since I stripped it back to the frame , put new foam in and recovered it. I've just bought a similar fabric and am going to recover it and put new cushions on in the autumn.

annsixty Tue 09-Jul-19 11:42:50

Mine is very similar to yours Auntyflo g-plan but in velour.
I also have a 3 seater.
They are very dirty and I WILL have them cleaned “soon”!!

etheltbags1 Tue 09-Jul-19 11:45:32

Mine was new last year but is now in a bit of a state. I was sitting on it when it collapsed. The local repaired was going to charge twice the price I paid just to fix a broken frame. I got a local handyman to bash a few nails and wood but it collapsed again so I upturned it and added some more supports. Up to now it's been fine but I can't get rid. I can't take it to the local charity who repair furniture as there is no fire certificate. It didn't come with one. So I live with it its got a lovely red velour cover and it is soft and comfortable. I know not to buy a cheap sofa in future. Lesson learned

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 09-Jul-19 11:45:35

Love your storage units, grannysyb and your sofa is nice too. I'm envious. Did you get them built in?

grannysyb Tue 09-Jul-19 11:56:14

Yes we did, by a very good carpenter and DH painted them. The unit doesn't take much off the size of the room and hides a lot of "stuff" in the bottom cupboards!