Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Tue 09-Jul-19 06:14:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright with a grey sky this morning, but its dry at the moment, here in Brackley.
Usual routine of bus trips out and café stops.
Catch up with the cycling on TV later.
One of my Tour De France memories was in 94 , I stayed in chalets with my Dad in Hayling Island, but had volunteered to be a marshal on the Portsmouth stage, the day before we saw the Dover -Brighton stage on Ditchling Beacon , and was surprised to watch C4 that evening to see myself on screen as the race went up the climb.
Mick

Pittcity Tue 09-Jul-19 08:16:54

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. The sun has disappeared and the temperature is down.
Cool enough for ironing and gardening.
We love Hayling and Portsmouth too. Very envious of Lins1066 but will settle for watching from home.

Urmstongran Tue 09-Jul-19 08:17:50

Good morning everyone from a muggy South Manchester. I have a manicure booked this afternoon - I like my nails short, think I’ll have a French for a change.

You can tell I don’t like tennis ha!

Later we take our 6y old grandson to his swimming lesson. It’s great to see him swimming so confidently now and he enjoys it, giving us a ‘thumbs up’ signal every now and then - too cute!

Hello Hal49 it’s nice to welcome newbies. This friendly bunch is growing bigly!
?

Hope Tuesday is good to all of us, whether we have plans or none. x

Sprout Tue 09-Jul-19 08:19:55

Morning Mick and all. Raining here in Kent but still warm. Didn't get much work done yesterday so must get cracking today. It's great to hear your story Mick. Have a great day everyone.

harrigran Tue 09-Jul-19 08:20:07

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Managed to see a GP yesterday at a walk in clinic and only waited just over an hour, result. I took my novel but bumped into my sister in law who updated me on all the family news.
I am keeping fingers crossed as a couple are having a second viewing of our flat today, they are the ideal purchasers if the sale goes ahead.

GabriellaG54 Tue 09-Jul-19 08:50:04

Hi everyone ??
I hope you're all in fine fettle ready for the next round of scorching weather, the 'African plume' ?☀️☀️?Warm with white/blue sky here in Godalming, 18 rising to 22 degrees later.
Not much on today...run was invigorating and ducks had a whole croissant, greedy blighters. I'll pop along to the fruit n veg market in the pepperpot a bit later. It's an ancient pink building at the end of the High Street.
Have the best day you can and if not feeling too good, put your feet up, housework can wait. flowers

Anniebach Tue 09-Jul-19 09:09:33

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Urmstongran Tue 09-Jul-19 09:09:33

Envious of your glorious weather Gabriella! It’s warm here but no sun and complete white cloud cover. Not as bad as poor Scotland though!

Mapleleaf Tue 09-Jul-19 09:17:54

Good morning everyone, and welcome aboard, Hal49.
It's looking rather overcast here in South Yorkshire, but seems a bit brighter grey in the distance. We've had rain earlier, but it's dry now.
Catching up with my friend later but first I need to pop out for a birthday card for my BiL who is 80 this week.
When I get back from seeing my friend, the ironing or the weeding beckons. ?
Hope you all have a good day.

aggie Tue 09-Jul-19 09:20:22

Good Morning all , I think the rain has stopped , but everything is dripping .
Waiting for eldest GS and younger GD , he is child minding his little sister , she won't stay in their house because the cleaning lady has arrived , got the toaster at the ready and the markers and drawing paper to hand lol

Sprout Tue 09-Jul-19 09:20:54

Welcome HA149

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 09-Jul-19 09:28:49

Good morning from east London, dull with a few drops of rain. Mixed tennis match finished very late last night, didn’t get home til after 11.30 so early doctor’s appointment today took a bit of effort. I enjoyed the walk though, eased out the creaks. Back into basement clearing today with a ladies tennis match this evening; at least it’s ‘away’ so there’s no supper to do. Have a good day.

Gonegirl Tue 09-Jul-19 09:34:09

Good morning everyone.smile

Gab. I call our other house The Pepperpot. It is the same shape as that. No clock thingy on top though. Yet.

Harris27 Tue 09-Jul-19 09:56:27

Hi all . Looking forward to finishing work early as going to see rod Stewart at Newcastle arena tonight! Never seen him and I’m 59 needed to tick this off before hitting 60! Can’t wait!

Greyduster Tue 09-Jul-19 10:58:47

Lovely part of the world Hal; we’ve been through it quite a lot, and DH’s grandparents lives there.

gillybob Tue 09-Jul-19 11:05:53

I’ve seen him a few times over the years Harris27 and he always puts on a fantastic show . I’m sure he’ll be as brilliant as ever . smile

Auntieflo Tue 09-Jul-19 12:10:57

Afternoon Michael, Annie and all. I missed the ‘morning’ slot, as I was busy doing the ironing, phew.
Then by the time I had put everything away, had a shower, tidied up, (hmm, not a lot) , had a coffee, it’s almost lunch time and I shall be off to my volunteering shortly.
Have a good day one and all.

Harris27 Tue 09-Jul-19 17:33:38

Thanks gillybob can’t wait so excited! X