Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Thu 01-Aug-19 06:11:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but a grey start here in Brackley this morning, put my watch on to find it had stopped an excuse to get a new battery whilst out today in Bicester and Buckingham.
Mick

Urmstongran Thu 01-Aug-19 08:20:50

Good morning everyone from gloriously sunny Malaga. There is a refreshing breeze which makes this weather perfect.

Our youngest daughter, son in law & the two grandchildren arrive tonight. I can’t wait but it’ll be full on as they’re here for 3 weeks. Our tiny apartment won’t accommodate us all so they are renting a slightly larger one in the same block.

I’m using today to relax and listen to my audiobook as I shan’t get much opportunity I’ll be ‘grandma please come in the pool!’.

Hope Thursday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Pittcity Thu 01-Aug-19 08:23:55

Good morning from a bright but clouding over Colchester. Please send some of the excess rain our way as I had the hose out again yesterday.
The few spots of rain we've had recently have been quickly dried by the strong winds.
DGS has been with us this week and I am exhausted and broke!

Nannytopsy Thu 01-Aug-19 08:49:09

Pantglas a friend gave me some of her sourdough culture which is live, wild yeasts. It lives in the fridge and I take it out and feed it regularly ( or when I remember! ?). Then, when I want to make bread, I have to get it warm to wake it up. Not sure I have completely mastered this yet!

vena11 Thu 01-Aug-19 08:50:55

Good morning ,lovely morning here in Bristol, going to get fitted for hearing aids today, I don't think I need them but the family say I do, not really looking forward to it.

Anniebach Thu 01-Aug-19 08:54:18

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Bellasnana Thu 01-Aug-19 08:55:44

Marydoll I’m so sorry you have had so many sad losses recently. It is very hard not to feel down about it.flowers

As for Montalbano, I will shout your greetings as we fly over as his stomping ground is south of where we are going.

Nannytopsy, I’m only taking hand luggage but you are welcome to carry it if you wish grin

Sicily is so close to Malta (20 min flight, or 90 mins catamaran) that I have got to know it very well over the years. When we were young and didn’t have a lot of spare cash, DH and I would go over for a break from the relentless slog of running our restaurant. We used to take the car so we toured round most of the island.

It is quite hard going without him, so many happy memories, but DD3 is a very sweet, loving daughter to me and we enjoy our little breaks together, even now she is married, since her husband doesn’t care for travelling.

Sorry to have rambled on. Have a good day all.?

Auntieflo Thu 01-Aug-19 08:55:50

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
Still in bed with my cuppa, (and GN) .
Think we will pop out for a coffee, somewhere nice and a mooch, as DH’s radiotherapy is not until late afternoon today.
My tomato plants are ripening nicely, I ate one yesterday, lovely.
Then I’ll have a look and see if my Premium Bonds have won anything ?
Have a good day one and all.

BlueSapphire Thu 01-Aug-19 08:58:30

Thank you for those tips, Persistentdonor, I shall need all the help I can get! Haven't read the book yet, in fact can't remember what it is. Will have to look up the reading list for 'next term'. It's my own fault for recommending Margaret Atwood! Hoping to go to the live screening of her interview in September where she introduces her sequel to 'The Handmaid's Tale'.

harrigran Thu 01-Aug-19 08:59:03

Good morning from a drizzly NE.
Hairdresser didn't turn up yesterday, when I rang her she told me my appointment is today, oh dear.
Had another raft of blood tests at GP yesterday and at 8.30 my phone rang telling me I must return this morning as she has the results. It must be urgent as I have a consultant appointment tomorrow.
Hoping I will be back in time for hairdresser today.

Persistentdonor Thu 01-Aug-19 09:18:07

Harrigran fingers crossed for you. flowers

Marydoll Thu 01-Aug-19 09:27:39

Thinking of you, harrigran. flowers

Urmstongran Thu 01-Aug-19 09:30:34

Hope your doctor’s news isn’t too worrying Harrigran
And ? for you Marydoll
x

EllanVannin Thu 01-Aug-19 10:46:43

Good Morning All x
Weather more like April and feels like it too. It's very unsettled.
I decided to shower first then have breakfast because I wanted to strip the bed and organise washing to be done. Might take a chance for it to go on the line.

I can't help feeling sorry for the poor souls in Yorkshire who've been flooded out with this cruel weather. It can't be doing foundations any good at all.

Hoping everyone's day goes to plan.

Jamesnan14 Thu 01-Aug-19 15:39:27

Afternoon all, overcast but warm here in Essex, just spent the morning wandering around Maldon. Lovely seeing the Thames barges sailing out today . Had a nice lunch,so no cooking tonight!! Hope you all have great day.