Gransnet forums

Chat

A happy thread (to counteract the moaning one).

(170 Posts)
shysal Sat 03-Aug-19 07:25:10

It probably won't be as popular, but let us hear about good things that have happened too.

Yesterday I was given a huge bunch of flowers just because I did a couple of loads of washing for my neighbour while her new kitchen was being fitted.

My garden is a picture, best yet I think.

petunia Sat 03-Aug-19 07:32:45

Morning shysal
I am completely with you today. The weather forecast is promising and I plan to spend most of the day in the garden-pottering and planning for next year. I don't have to go anywhere else so I have all day to enjoy myself among the plants and flowers. Bliss!
The garden is looking particularly good today and I have veggies to pick for tea.

Pantglas1 Sat 03-Aug-19 07:33:42

What a lovely thread shysal! Not that I haven’t enjoyed the moaning thread you understand, some of the posts have been hilarious and hopefully this one will be funny as well as happy.

I’ve got good neighbours as well- mine has messaged me this morning to say she’s signed for my parcel. We do the same for them when they’re out - a little kindness goes miles!

sodapop Sat 03-Aug-19 07:34:16

My grandson keeping me posted about his new life in America and how he is enjoying it.

Nortsat46 Sat 03-Aug-19 07:35:56

Hurrah shysal, I am with you on this ... I was feeling a bit low this morning so am focusing on positives :
- our 14.5 year old cat is making a good recovery from a serious illness
- it's sunny here in East London and its Saturday
- I bought a new blouse yesterday and am really pleased with it...

Urmstongran Sat 03-Aug-19 07:37:45

Nice idea shysal

I love the ‘moans’ one because it makes me giggle, but this one could be heartwarming.

We’re on holiday with our youngest daughter, son in law and the smalls for 3 weeks and it’s full on but joyous! They are little for such a short time aren’t they? I love chatting with them and hearing their cute conversations!
?❤️

Harris27 Sat 03-Aug-19 07:41:35

I'm doing a bit shopping today for forthcoming holiday and will have a coffe and a wander. Bliss after heavy week of work.then a a sit down in my garden later. Happy!

kittylester Sat 03-Aug-19 07:42:38

I haven't looked at the moaning thread but still relish this one sal.

We have had 2 dgc overnight and, as they are older, they are still in bed. grin

I'm not going to mention the garden as it is rain battered but usually it is lovely.

Dd1 gave me some chocolates and sunflowers yesterday for doing the s hool run. I should give her some for having the children in the first place.

Thanks for this positive outlook.

Marydoll Sat 03-Aug-19 07:51:11

A lovely thread, Shysal.

We are having a wedding planning meeting today, followed by lunch, with DD, her lovely fiancé and the wedding planner.

I never thought my daughter would find happiness after some difficult years and the added bonus, we love her fiance like a son. She couldn't have found a kinder and more generous man.
Our wee granddaughter dotes on him too, he spoils her rotten.

However, I may be on the moaning thread later, complaining about the cost of the wedding! grin

gillybob Sat 03-Aug-19 07:57:32

Well this is completely agains my better nature grin
But here goes......

I took my baby granddaughter to the park last night where she squealed with delight on the swings. She is only 15 months but already showing signs of wanting to walk everywhere .

Had a takeaway pizza for supper and (apparently) its not going to rain today. There that’s it...I’m really struggling....

Marydoll Sat 03-Aug-19 08:00:10

gilly ! grin

BlueBelle Sat 03-Aug-19 08:13:27

Contrary to you rainy Northerners we ve been having some lovely weather in the east
I m off to visit an allotment a lady I know has asked me if I’d like to share half as she’s finding a whole one too big on the way back I ll call and do my weekly shop amazing what I get on my cycle then if it stays warm off to the sea for a dip

EllanVannin Sat 03-Aug-19 08:39:15

I too would struggle on here at the moment, other than I'm still breathing which I'm happy about, but you never know smile

Marydoll's post is an absolute delight and makes up for what others haven't got. x

Merseybelle2 Sat 03-Aug-19 08:46:49

I’m happy as there’s a cream cake in the fridge with my name on it !

petra Sat 03-Aug-19 09:14:41

Life couldn't be better.
All the family home from their holidays. Grandchildren on school holidays, although they did start theirs early wink so parents took the hit.
Middle daughter has a lovely new man, eldest daughter has new job earning £5,000 more than her last job.
I'm off soon, today, to go seal watching in the estuary on a friends boat and staying the night out there: heaven ?

TwiceAsNice Sat 03-Aug-19 09:20:05

Lovely thread. Just finished drinking tea in bed and then going out for a bit. Will come back with Saturday papers and put on a pot of coffee and read in peace.

Bought a new CD yesterday so will listen to that.

Best of all have a new cat who is Sooo affectionate and is just heart melting.

dragonfly46 Sat 03-Aug-19 09:20:08

The sun is shining and I am still alive.

Nana3 Sat 03-Aug-19 09:27:30

Having a cup of tea and a biscuit in my own bed after a week away with the family.

DanniRae Sat 03-Aug-19 09:29:08

This will be a good day for me. My husband will get up in a minute and make me a cup of tea (already had one earlier but ready for another one now.) We will take the dog to the (sunny?) park and, hopefully, have a chat with other dog walkers. I will have a read of the paper and then go on my kindle and I don't cook tonight - hoorah!
So a lovely lazy day grin

lemongrove Sat 03-Aug-19 09:29:10

Good thread shysal ?
Still hot and sunny here, had a good few days now, gardening in the mornings, afternoons too hot ( reserved for sitting in comfort in the shade with a good book) ?
Grandchildren here tomorrow,
Seeing old friends for lunch out on Monday.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 03-Aug-19 09:29:29

We have absolutely no plans this weekend, which is so unusual so I intend to do as little as possible.

vena11 Sat 03-Aug-19 09:32:13

Nice thread Saysal, I am happy as DH and I are still here after both of us having serious illness at the same time 3 years ago and now have a lovely new GS to love. life is a funny old game.

Grammaretto Sat 03-Aug-19 10:00:23

I wrote a sunny happy post but it vanished!!
I'll be thinking of you all today. Marydoll smile
I've just picked a gorgeous bunch of flowers which smell delicious. My cake didn't sink much
We got a surprise visit yesterday from DS and his growing family on their way home from holidays.
Trying to look on the bright side but it is tricky.

farview Sat 03-Aug-19 10:14:24

...been to the park walking the dog...lots of chatty,smiley people... washing hung out in the sunshine...cleaned the loft bedroom ready for my "Dubai" daughter, husband and our darling 2yr old
Husband out all day so no TV on...and can hoover &mop... magazine waiting for me..to read outside on this beautiful day
Keep smiling gransnetters... doesn't solve everything...but it's good for our souls ???

Juno56 Sat 03-Aug-19 10:22:39

New member and thus far I have been lurking but not posting; this one I have to post on though. The sun is shining and my husband and I are going to see our son. He is almost 30 but is autistic with severe learning difficulties so he will always be my little boy with special cuddles for his mummy.