Gransnet forums

Chat

A happy thread (to counteract the moaning one).

(171 Posts)
shysal Sat 03-Aug-19 07:25:10

It probably won't be as popular, but let us hear about good things that have happened too.

Yesterday I was given a huge bunch of flowers just because I did a couple of loads of washing for my neighbour while her new kitchen was being fitted.

My garden is a picture, best yet I think.

shysal Sat 03-Aug-19 10:45:05

Enjoy the cuddles Juno, there is nothing better!

Welcome to GN. Now that you have broken the ice, I hope you will enjoy posting as long as you avoid religion or politics.

SirChenjin Sat 03-Aug-19 10:55:10

I posted on the moaning thread and while things are pretty rubbish I am also very grateful for my family who I adore and who keep me going. They are happy and healthy and doing well at school and university while coping with some challenges of their own. I’m immensely proud of them all.

And I’m getting a cleaner!!!! She starts on Wednesday and I could cry with joy. We both work full time and struggle to keep on top of everything so this will be a life changer for us.

Gymstagran Sat 03-Aug-19 10:55:20

Had a brilliant afternoon yesterday with daughter and granddaughters at London Zoo. The look on the youngsters faces when the snake they were watching opened its mouth was priceless. Lots of cuddles and a day to myself today to recover. Happy Times.

Sara65 Sat 03-Aug-19 10:59:35

Juno

That’s lovely

I’ve had children staying on and off all week, the house is a tip, I’m worn out and sleep deprived, I’m tempted to put this on the moaning thread, but really I know how lucky I am, with all my little people around

KatyK Sat 03-Aug-19 11:00:25

The sun's trying to break through. Yesterday I saw a florist coming up our drive with a large flower arrangement. They were from our daughter and son-in-law for helping out with our (teenage) granddaughter, which was our pleasure and didn't require flowers but was lovely.

grannysyb Sat 03-Aug-19 11:22:34

Just finished watering the allotment and having five minutes before I pick blackberries, French beans, runner beans courgettes and a few rasps. We're going out to friends for a late lunch so they can have some beans as I planted too many!

Lisagran Sat 03-Aug-19 11:32:15

Had a good couple of dayssmile. Having bashed my ribs a few weeks ago, I haven’t been able to go swimming or do the garden. Last night I went swimming, and today I’ve been gardening - hurray!

Callistemon Sat 03-Aug-19 11:36:29

One day you wake up and realise they don't hurt any more Lisagran smile (well, not so much anyway).

shysal Sat 03-Aug-19 11:36:58

Great news Lisagran, but don't overdo it. Beautiful flowers!

Glammy57 Sat 03-Aug-19 12:26:02

My husband and I managed to leave the house by 9.05 this morning and enjoyed breakfast at our nearest big town. The weekend Guardian is waiting to be read, I’ve a large bar of chocolate in the fridge and a bottle of Prosecco for this evening. Best of all - received a lovely WhatsApp message from my granddaughter! ❤️

DanniRae Sat 03-Aug-19 12:49:55

Welcome Juno56 - I hope you have a happy visit to see your son. Enjoy all the cuddles smile

Greytin94 Sat 03-Aug-19 15:17:21

What a lovely thread!

I’m happy , sat in my favourite chair with my dog squeezed next to me , reading this thread, with his head lovingly on my lap. Animals give so much unconditional love, what more could I need ?

Looking forward to a board games evening with my family tonight.

Also happy because I’ve planted a couple of new plants , which are so beautiful. They are so bright and colourful and bring such joy to look out on.

shysal Sat 03-Aug-19 15:22:27

Gorgeous flowers greytin!

Parsley3 Sat 03-Aug-19 15:25:25

The sun is shining and the garden is looking lovely. I am sitting out, listening to LBC and reading posts on GN. It’s a good day. ?

BBbevan Sat 03-Aug-19 15:31:25

My two DGDs have been staying with us for a week. We have done lots, are tired but really enjoyed it all. Yesterday DS and DiL came to take them home. They will stay a few days with us then go home. We are all going to DD and SiLs this evening for supper. All under one roof. Whish it could always be like that, but so glad my family all get on and enjoy being together.

Nannyxthree Sat 03-Aug-19 15:31:51

Yes I agree a 'happy' thread is what we need. We've just had a full couple of weeks with GC so are exhausted but enjoyed it too. Now a quiet weekend before starting to pack for our holiday. Also had a small win on Premium Bonds which I am looking forward to spending!

Septimia Sat 03-Aug-19 15:40:33

Had a lovely day out yesterday and visited Floors Castle. What made the day was the friendliness of everyone - the man selling the tickets at the gate, the guides in the rooms and even the lady in the café. It really made us feel welcome and we chatted with several of them.

MiniMoon Sat 03-Aug-19 15:41:07

We are on the coach returning from a lovely holiday in the Irish Republic. We had gorgeous weather, no rain. Looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.

KatyK Sat 03-Aug-19 15:46:06

Isn't Ireland beautiful MiniMoo? Not just because my family are from there!

KatyK Sat 03-Aug-19 15:46:37

Sorry MiniMoon

Esther1 Sat 03-Aug-19 16:22:11

Love having son’s family live with us while their own home is being renovated - but goodness me they are messy! They are away for a few days and I have defrosted freezer/cleaned cupboards/tidied toys/mopped floors ...... oh boy does it feel good!

tiredoldwoman Sat 03-Aug-19 16:34:53

Just back from the beach with my grandson , so far today we've done a vintage car rally, a farmers market and the beach . Tomorrow it's car boot sale then in the afternoon ( before the rains come ) a brass band concert - all this being done on the cheap ! He's cooking the tea right now - pizza !
Happy, happy day !

Charleygirl5 Sat 03-Aug-19 16:41:16

Esther have you got a spare week please?!

It has been a lovely day here today and I have done just what I wanted which seems to be washing and more washing but it is something I enjoy.

Meeting friends for coffee or lunch most days next week so I am looking forward to that.

SalsaQueen Sat 03-Aug-19 17:33:55

The sun is shining, DS1 has been texting me, telling me what a lovely weekend he's having in Leeds and Buxton... I've been feeding the cat, fish and guinea pigs grin.

Going out this evening, with a friend, to see a local group play at a pub.

Seeing DS2 tomorrow, for a meal out in the evening (Japanese or Indian, not sure which yet)

Juno56 Sat 03-Aug-19 17:41:06

Thank for the welcome. What a lovely thread, so nice to read of people's plans and pleasures. I had a good day with my 'boy'.
Shysalthank you for the warning, I am a Christian and do have views about politics and our new 'leader' but have no intention of sharing either wink.