Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(39 Posts)
ninathenana Sat 10-Aug-19 07:36:43

If the Dartford bridge closes they usually have one bore of the tunnel going in each direction.

BlueSapphire Sat 10-Aug-19 07:33:55

Good morning everyone from a very wet and windy Lake District, and looks to be set in for the day. A lovely view from my bedroom window if only I could see it. The cottage is way out in the sticks; there is a farm next door, but apart from that no other neighbours for miles apart from sheep and cattle.

We need to do a big food shop today, so that will need at least a 45 minute journey each way. I was hoping there would be a handy pub to walk to, but the nearest is a good car journey.

Looking forward to DS and family arriving this afternoon. I do not envy DD and DSIL having to walk the dogs in this weather!

Pittcity Sat 10-Aug-19 07:31:58

Good morning from a bright, dry but windy Colchester. Minding DGS3 this morning and staying indoors until the gales pass.

NfkDumpling Sat 10-Aug-19 07:29:09

Morning All

Dry and breezy and brightening here in the north of Norfolk. We seem to have got off lightly again although just to be safe all the hire boats on the Broads were advised to stay put until the gale passes.

DGD2 coming this afternoon for a sleepover whilst her parents enjoy the fun of an Escape Room tonight. Grown up fun.

Fingers crossed for the Dartford Bridge Sar, but it may be an idea to have your alternative route worked out and ready!

Marydoll Sat 10-Aug-19 07:19:21

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow, with thunderstorms forecast just at the time we will be driving down country roads to the wedding. sad ( Beechnut, thank you for your good wishes.)

Fortunately we have decided to stay overnight, as it is not a pleasant drive back in the dark. The hotel is on the coast and has a very good reputation for its weddings.
I'm so looking forward to it and catching up with friends, as I have been a bit of a recluse since being ill.

For those of you concerned about my fake looking fake tan, it's looking better than it did! The black bin liner over my head, should improve my appearance greatly. grin

Anyway, the fake tan should distract people from the one eyebrow, tinted darker than the other.?
I have decided to abandon my new career as a beautician!

Wishing everyone a pleasant Saturday, whatever you are doing.

NanKate Sat 10-Aug-19 07:15:06

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Grey and overcast in South Bucks.

Got a Sainsbury’s shop this morning.

Some clearing out needs to be done, wish DH wasn’t such a hoarder.

kittylester Sat 10-Aug-19 06:52:33

Morning all from a drizzly, blowy North Leicestershire.

I'm helping on an Alzheimer's Society information stall today. I love doing it and spreading the word but I am totally jiggered by the time I get home.

Had a lovely lunch with the lovely Teetime and her husband yesterday.

Enjoy your days everyone!

Pantglas1 Sat 10-Aug-19 06:40:25

Morning all from very wet and windy north Wales- such a change from the last two days. A 30th birthday party for my niece later and making mango chutney this morning so nice things to look forward to. Hope you all have as good a day.

Sar53 Sat 10-Aug-19 06:37:54

Good morning everyone from a very windy Essex by the sea. My daughter and granddaughter are having a joint birthday party this afternoon in Kent. We have to get there from Essex across the Dartford Bridge, hopefully it will stay open but if the wind gets too bad it will be shut and we will have to find another way.
Take care everyone today and be safe.

Beechnut Sat 10-Aug-19 06:36:29

Good Morning everyone.
It’s look as to be drying up after a wet night. Power cut here yesterday about the same time as Mick. I just had to put some clocks right.
I think I’ll carry on with my tidying and rearranging things in the house and shed today.

I hope you have a very enjoyable time at the wedding Marydoll and hope everyone else has a good day ?

Resurgam123 Sat 10-Aug-19 06:36:22

Good morning Mick and everyone.
It's very windy here in Cheshire . The two nearly inches of stair rod rain that fell on us yesterday has gone for now.
This weather is seriously bad for us all.

ninathenana Sat 10-Aug-19 06:32:28

Morning Mick and Nannytopsy and those who follow.

Damp and mizzy in Kent with the strong winds. We escaped the power cuts luckily although parts of Kent were affected. A few local events have been cancelled due to the high winds forecast.
We are starting decorating our lounge-diner today. It shouldn't take long to do but I hate the upheaval and furniture moving.
Have a good day, stay safe and dry.

Nannytopsy Sat 10-Aug-19 06:18:38

Good morning Mick and all to come. Power cuts always bring out the child in me, with the thought of torches and candles! Bad luck over the TV. We were lucky and were not affected. Leicester is dry, grey and windy today. Shopping and a short spell in the garden today, then another trip to the tip!
Have a good day everyone.

12Michael Sat 10-Aug-19 06:13:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its windy but dry here in Brackley this morning , will attempt to go out later to my usual haunts .
Had the experience of a power cut yesterday around 5 pm , lasted 45 minutes , ending up having to do a complete first time reinstall on the TV once the power had been restored plus other checks.
Mick