Gransnet forums

Chat

Celebrity Crush

(162 Posts)
CaroDane Sat 24-Aug-19 08:33:52

I must confess to occasionally getting an attack of palpatations that have nothing to do with a badly digested jammy dodger when certain CHAPS appear on the telly.
Even at my advanced age I'm not immune to a celebrity crush!

Mine are - Monty Don
Kim Bodnia (thanks to Lessismore for reminding me)
Michael Portillo
Jeremy Paxman
Simon Schama
Andrew Scott ( I know, black armbands all round ladies)
And the winner of my Nobel Prize for Hunk of the Year.......DAVID OLUSOGA ( A House Through Time)
I just love to see him staring gravely at the camera when he's about to announce another resident wiped off the face of the earth by typhoid, bankruptcy or lunacy.

I keep a picture of him I cut out of the paper stuck in the back of my diary. He's between my Sacred Heart prayer card, and my Farmfood coupons.

Who do you secretly long for?

Esther1 Sun 25-Aug-19 22:24:45

As a schoolgirl it was Davy Jones - now it’s Michael Palin.

CaroDane Sun 25-Aug-19 21:53:43

Rufus2 there you go, you'll be trending on Twitter next!

BradfordLass72 lay off Vladimir. I like these tough Eastern Europeans!
I bet the Russian Embassy will have a few moles on here smile and you don't want to get squirted with something unexpectedly do you?

BradfordLass72 Sun 25-Aug-19 21:42:13

I'll join the Rufus fan club. I have a suspicion he was quite a lad and obviously still is.

Rufus, do you look like the twinkly-eyed Barry Crump? You sound to be a joker like he was.

BradfordLass72 Sun 25-Aug-19 21:29:23

GillT57 I agree with you about Michael Kitchen. He reads audio books as well so I have searched his name just to borrow books and listen to his voice ! smile

Loved him in 'Foyle's War'. Poor Honeysuckle Weeks has had a bad time though, hasn't she?

Another voice I love, and he was handsome too, was Philip Madoc. I have 'How Green Was My Valley' in audio and became almost addicted to his narration.

Putin? You must be joking. Yuk.

humptydumpty Sun 25-Aug-19 20:37:10

Looks like I'm the onlyone with a crush on Richard E Grant, the unforgettable Withnail - fie by me!

callgirl1 Sun 25-Aug-19 20:32:38

I`m sorry, but for the life of me I can`t see the attraction of Putin!

GillT57 Sun 25-Aug-19 19:40:54

Maybe it is my age, but voices and intelligence do it for me more than 'pretty boy' looks.....so:

Alan Rickman
James Norton
Barrack Obama
The chap from a 'House through time' although I realise he may have been used and abused before it is my turn
Michael Kitchen has a really sexy voice
Martin Shaw could defend me in the box anyday he likes, maybe after I have fought for the attentions of some of the others.

SueSocks Sun 25-Aug-19 19:17:19

As a school girl it was David Essex.
These days Martin Shaw & Brian May.

CaroDane Sun 25-Aug-19 17:38:13

Someone else mentioned Vlad Putin here. Was it you Gabriella54?
I think he's attractive too! I love all those photos of him bare chested riding a big horse, or in leathers on a Harley Big Boy.

CaroDane Sun 25-Aug-19 17:29:19

I used to love Vincent Price. That beautiful voice. Cultured. Art Collector. Great Actor smile

Lessismore Sun 25-Aug-19 16:25:21

OOh I love a baguette, its foreign you see.

CaroDane Sun 25-Aug-19 14:31:56

Rufus2 the only thing remotely near 60 in this house is my waist size! Try adding 10, subtracting three, dividing it by 2, and then multiply it by the square root of 50 and you'll be nearer the mark of my true age.

How do we know you're even a real grandad? You could be the alter ego of Mavis wearing a false beard and a tweed jacket to confuse the opposition!

On the other hand Rufus is a very manly name, unless you're really called Reginald.

I have a vision in my head now of you dressed like Russell Crowe in Gladiator striding up and down by the meat counter in Morrisons, flourishing your giant baguette, ready to challenge another in your battle for the last pork chop.

You might even end up on here as someone's celebrity crush?

Believe me I have it on good authority that many of these gransnetters spend their weekends forcing their unfortunate offspring to the swing park, just in the hope of meeting a virile OAP just like yourself smile

OK then. Celebrity crush -

RUFUS2. smile

Rufus2 Sun 25-Aug-19 14:03:02

voracious minxes that frequent that den of iniquity!
What more can a man want?
CaroDane; You claim to be of "advanced age", but modesty obviously prevents you from revealing on how many fronts you've advanced; not from the rear I trust! grin
At a guess I'd say you are one of those voracious minxes, (I've heard of various voracious appetites, including food!) and judging by your demeanour in your posts I'd
say you are a bit of a "live-wire" and yet to advance past 60; profound apologies if I've over-estimated! wink

What else does a man want? Well. in the absence of identifiable Grandads, you'll have to take my word for it, but even an expurgated version will bore your socks off at this late hour. hmm
OoRoo

Beckett Sun 25-Aug-19 13:11:13

Looks like I have Ryan Reynolds all to myself - now all I have to do is work out how to get him interested in a 70 year old overweight woman he has never met and steal him away from his gorgeous wife!

CaroDane Sun 25-Aug-19 12:18:38

BradfordLass72 are you sure you uploaded the right pictures there and not your recent holiday snaps grin

BradfordLass72 Sun 25-Aug-19 12:07:49

Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba, Rufus Sewell and the young Robert Redford.
The adorable Richard Griffiths RIP. Martin Shaw.

None of these were crushes but cute and appreciate in movies (when I could see them!! grin)

NZ actors: James Rolleston, Alex Tarrant, Temuera Morrison who seems to have matured nicely.

Julian Dennison who was brilliant in 'Hunt for the Wilderpeople' one of the best films NZ has ever made..... and beautiful Stan Walker, also in that movie.

KatyK Sun 25-Aug-19 09:50:08

Yes callgirl that's the one. Lovely..

Jangran99 Sun 25-Aug-19 08:53:38

For me Richard Gere all the way for looks,
James Martin looks and cooks,
Barry Manilow's music while I drool over the other two ?

Blinko Sun 25-Aug-19 07:59:50

For me it would be Alan Rickman (by a country mile!); James Norton; Barack Obama; Neil Oliver. Oh and Laurence Fox (aka James Hathaway).

Loving this thread!

Rufus2 Sun 25-Aug-19 06:02:51

David Essex autographed my arm (many years ago blush)
I didn't wash that section for weeks!

Phoenix; Good job it was only your arm! Or was it? grin grin

SirChenjin Sat 24-Aug-19 23:08:04

My current crush is Julian Norton from The Yorkshire Vet. I really must get out more.

callgirl1 Sat 24-Aug-19 22:55:18

KatyK, would that be the concert where Elvis was sitting with a group of girls at his feet? My eldest daughter and I drool over that as well, that was when he was at his sexiest, Mmmmm!!!

JessK Sat 24-Aug-19 22:22:58

Paul Newman was my first crush. it was those blue eyes. David Bowie and Idris Elba too.

CaroDane Sat 24-Aug-19 22:00:13

I used to love the actor Anthony Bate. I met him a few times professionally and he was gorgeous. Really really beautiful eyes.

Sara65 Sat 24-Aug-19 21:57:30

Caro

I would have expected nothing less!