Gransnet forums

Chat

Celebrity Crush

(161 Posts)
Ngaio1 Sat 24-Aug-19 09:28:20

Rafael Nadal - headbands, eyes and legs! Roger Federer ditto!
Voices matter lots so Nathaniel Parker, Jeremy Irons, Richard Burton.

Beechnut Sat 24-Aug-19 09:22:18

Luckygirl I was thinking along similar lines to you about Bob Mortimer last night while watching him with Paul Whitehouse on Gone Fishing. I’ve no interest in fishing, I just like watching them for the banter they share.

CaroDane Sat 24-Aug-19 09:16:07

Luckgirl I am wounded to the core over you callously slagging off Michael and Jeremy angry Shame on you, you brazen hussy!

Grannybags Sat 24-Aug-19 09:15:23

Sean Bean - the Yorkshire accent helps!

Yorksherlass Sat 24-Aug-19 09:14:18

James Martin for me ?

CaroDane Sat 24-Aug-19 09:12:43

love0c oh no, it's awful when you get your dreams shattered.

In what seems like another life now, its so long ago, I spent a fair bit of time at what used to be London Weekend Television. Any illusions I had about celebrities personalities matching their good looks were well and truly shattered there, but even now I daren't name the worst offenders!

But I know in my heart of hearts that this wouldn't apply to David Olusoga smile

I thought Patrick Duffy was a Nichiren Buddhist? I would have expected him to be a living Saint!

Luckygirl Sat 24-Aug-19 09:11:35

Michael Portillo! Jeremy Paxman! - I think a trip to the doctor is called for here!

For me it is Bob Mortimer - he just seems like a really decent warm-hearted bloke.

love0c Sat 24-Aug-19 09:01:41

Bobby Ewing in Dallas. But then he appeared on a breakfast programme and I thought he (Patrick Duffy) was not a nice man at all!! Never felt the same about him after that.

Beckett Sat 24-Aug-19 08:47:06

Have to admit to a crush on Ryan Reynolds - handsome, funny, self deprecating - what's not to like

Sara65 Sat 24-Aug-19 08:38:30

For the last 50 years, there’s only been one man for me, Paul McCartney.

Minor crushes come and go, but he’s my constant.

CaroDane Sat 24-Aug-19 08:33:52

I must confess to occasionally getting an attack of palpatations that have nothing to do with a badly digested jammy dodger when certain CHAPS appear on the telly.
Even at my advanced age I'm not immune to a celebrity crush!

Mine are - Monty Don
Kim Bodnia (thanks to Lessismore for reminding me)
Michael Portillo
Jeremy Paxman
Simon Schama
Andrew Scott ( I know, black armbands all round ladies)
And the winner of my Nobel Prize for Hunk of the Year.......DAVID OLUSOGA ( A House Through Time)
I just love to see him staring gravely at the camera when he's about to announce another resident wiped off the face of the earth by typhoid, bankruptcy or lunacy.

I keep a picture of him I cut out of the paper stuck in the back of my diary. He's between my Sacred Heart prayer card, and my Farmfood coupons.

Who do you secretly long for?