Gransnet forums

Chat

Celebrity Crush

(162 Posts)
CaroDane Sat 24-Aug-19 08:33:52

I must confess to occasionally getting an attack of palpatations that have nothing to do with a badly digested jammy dodger when certain CHAPS appear on the telly.
Even at my advanced age I'm not immune to a celebrity crush!

Mine are - Monty Don
Kim Bodnia (thanks to Lessismore for reminding me)
Michael Portillo
Jeremy Paxman
Simon Schama
Andrew Scott ( I know, black armbands all round ladies)
And the winner of my Nobel Prize for Hunk of the Year.......DAVID OLUSOGA ( A House Through Time)
I just love to see him staring gravely at the camera when he's about to announce another resident wiped off the face of the earth by typhoid, bankruptcy or lunacy.

I keep a picture of him I cut out of the paper stuck in the back of my diary. He's between my Sacred Heart prayer card, and my Farmfood coupons.

Who do you secretly long for?

Grandma600 Wed 11-Sep-19 22:21:10

Colin Firth. With or without the wet shirt

humptydumpty Sat 31-Aug-19 12:46:36

Jeff Goldblum!!!!!

ILE35 Sat 31-Aug-19 12:41:35

Hugh Jackman ?

GagaJo Sat 31-Aug-19 12:21:38

Denzel Washington, mmmmmm.
Patrick Stewart, although less so since he started wearing old man, up to his nipples trousers.
Alan Alda. Loooove a clever, funny man!

Three very sexy guys. Yassss.

Rufus2 Sat 31-Aug-19 12:13:04

Rufus, do you look like the twinkly-eyed Barry Crump? You sound to be a joker like he was
BradfordLass; Goodness me! I thought we were still on a war-footing following my (on reflection) tasteless comment re; "frying tonight" some time ago and when you shot me down in flames. Perhaps we can kiss and make up! blush
Barry Crump? Never heard of him, but John Clarke and Bryan Dawe were very popular regulars on our ABC TV. Almost as good as Barry Humphries. grin
OoRoo

Jeanlizzie Wed 28-Aug-19 09:33:54

Jeremy paxman, a man called Mike Wolfe that's on a tv programme called American pickers that my husband watches , and Sean bean I've gone all weak at the knees

KatyK Tue 27-Aug-19 17:17:05

Sidney Poitier was rather lovely in his younger days.

puppytoe Tue 27-Aug-19 16:41:41

Bradley Whitford
Michael Wood

I seem to like men with impossible hair!!

Juno56 Tue 27-Aug-19 15:05:57

I do like a nice smile so Dennis Quaid has been a crush since 'The Right Stuff'.

soop Tue 27-Aug-19 14:33:34

Greig Laidlaw

bluebirdwsm Tue 27-Aug-19 13:04:53

John Alderton
Alan Rickman
George Harrison

Louis Tomlinson
Dev Patel

Anniebach Tue 27-Aug-19 12:43:54

Imran Khan , never watched so much cricket as when he played

Rufus2 Tue 27-Aug-19 12:23:39

Michael Portillo?????? you've got to be kidding)!!
Mossfarr; Whilst nursing my sore knee and doing a bit of navel-gazing, again, your comment raised the question, in my mind at least; is the apparent shortage of Grandads actually due to gay ones not coming out! Nothing wrong with that of course; even gay Gordons! hmm

Eloethan Mon 26-Aug-19 22:33:39

Ryan Gosling (lovely eyes)
Roger Allam (lovely voice)

CaroDane Mon 26-Aug-19 22:09:33

Blinko Peter O'Toole at the Liverpool Empire, playing Macbeth. Was annoyed with the kids on school trips at the afternoon matinee and let forth a string of obscenities the like of which the audience had never even heard before.

Brilliant actor. On this occasion - shit audience smile

Blinko Mon 26-Aug-19 19:45:32

Oh yes, Peter O'Toole...

blossom14 Mon 26-Aug-19 17:59:22

David Gower for me for several decades.

trisher Mon 26-Aug-19 17:20:12

Oh Paul Newman and Steve McQueen when I was younger.
Peter O'Toole for a long time
Kim Bodnia (after The Bridge)
James Norton
and David Olusoga (but I realise there's a queue)

CaroDane Mon 26-Aug-19 17:11:57

And Rufus2 if you see Simon Baker about, my cerebral crush ( after you, of course) package him up and post him to me. I could use those Mentalist skills of his at the moment to pick some winning lotto numbers.

CaroDane Mon 26-Aug-19 17:08:50

Rufus2 it was yards actually sweet boy smile

I'd stop poking those ancient Australian grannies if I were you, otherwise you might catch something worse than a crack on the kneecap, and besides you don't want to get those chinos of yours stained do you?

GillT57 Mon 26-Aug-19 17:04:26

I am so glad I was able to rekindle your dreams esther, it is awful when we find our crush is a bit of a knob in reality. Your teenage taste was impeccable.

Rufus2 Mon 26-Aug-19 15:54:41

the only thing remotely near 60 in this house is my waist size
CaroDane: Are we talking Metric or Imperial? grin grin Not your IQ, surely?
With your mathematical skills you'll notice it's now way past my dreamtime, but not much chance of that! I copped a nasty crack on the left knee whilst doing the Hokey Pokey at our "Over 80's Club"; Some of these Aussie Grannies are a bit too vigorous at times! shock OoRoo

Mossfarr Sun 25-Aug-19 22:59:08

ooh Tom Hardy is no.1 for me
but it could be James Martin
or Ewan MacGregor
or Sean Connery (in his younger days - he's a bit grouchy now)
or Daniel Craig

sigh......to many men, too little time.

(Michael Portillo?????? you've got to be kidding)!!

Esther1 Sun 25-Aug-19 22:34:55

GillT57. How nice to hear that about Davy Jones. I absolutely adored him when I was about 13, I lived and breathed him! I was so distraught when my mother wouldn’t allow me to go to The Monkees concert at Wembley - my two best friends were both going but not me!

GillT57 Sun 25-Aug-19 22:28:31

Esther1. I once met and spoke to Davy Jones, and can confirm that he was polite, charming with a lovely smile and a very sexy voice.