Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Thu 05-Sep-19 06:11:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
My usual trip out to Bicester and Buckingham , and then a rush when I return for a Ear Test appointment at my surgery , its a check as I would like my ears syringed .
Mick

BlueSapphire Thu 05-Sep-19 08:02:42

Good morning everyone from a bright Northampton. First load of washing is in. Have been awake since 4am, so got up at 5, had a cup of tea, read and dozed.

The simple act of changing colour scheme in one bedroom yesterday ended up in a mass swap over of furniture between bedrooms! Looks better, to my mind.

Got more stuff into the skip yesterday, almost done now. Then my window cleaner knocked and asked if he could have a few things out of the skip. He ended up taking a lot of old tools off my hands, plus half empty containers of oil, and fence paint, which were in the garage. Also an old coffee table which he hopes to renovate, and a broken paper shredder. He also took old chargers and an array of batteries, also an old car battery. Don't know what his poor wife will say when she sees that lot! Ah well, I'm just glad that stuff will be used. Found a load of late DH's old computer books in the study, over 20 years old, way out of date, so I think they can go.

Coffee at a neighbours this morning, then hope to get to ballet class this afternoon.

Happy anniversary to vena11, and hope you have a wonderful holiday Marydoll! Welcome to our newcomers and have a good day everyone.

Alygran Thu 05-Sep-19 08:06:48

Good morning. It’s bright sunshine here in North Yorkshire this morning but I think it may be a little chilly.
Marydoll enjoy Rome. So pleased you made it. Venal1 happy anniversary. Hello new posters.
Tip run for me this morning. I cut a flowering currant down and it won’t all go in the bin! Visiting a relative this afternoon who has some bad news about her foot. She has been having operations and treatment for 15 years so it looks like the end of the road.
Hope everyone has a good day.

cornergran Thu 05-Sep-19 08:11:58

Morning Mick, morning All. Blue sky over our corner of Somerset. Some phone calls to make and admin to do then hope to get out for a walk and enjoy the promised sunshine. Delighted you made it marydoll, enjoy every second. Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Venall. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Thu 05-Sep-19 08:23:45

A very late good morning all from a sunny North Leicestershire.

We have the wondrous Wolfie today - wish us luck.

Well done on surviving the loos, gilly. Enjoy, marydoll, you deserve it.

Welcome newcomers and happy anniversary to MrandMrsvenall .

Take it easy dragonfly.

Happy days to you all.

Newquay Thu 05-Sep-19 08:36:58

Good morning all from a sunny Staffordshire. Welcome newcomers and Happy Anniversary and happy holidays too.
Just had a shock-have had bathroom converted to walk-in shower room (needs must and all that) which entailed knocking through to separate toilet too. Estimate was £3,200-bill has arrived £5,700! Gulp! Builder is neighbour too so will have to tread carefully looking through it!

Grammaretto Thu 05-Sep-19 08:45:25

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. At least it's not raining yet.
The trouble with being late up is there are so many stories to read on here.

I think we should have a reader to read me your good mornings like an audio book while I eat my porridge. I'll bet some techie clever cloggs could organise it.

Wonderful Marydoll that you made it. I can feel your airport pain.
We had Italian, tagliatelli and pesto, in your honour last night including wine.

Long overdue haircut this morning and the tree surgeon to quote for garden hacking.

Welcome Moggie and congratulations Venall!

Hope you are recovering well Dragonfly and being looked after.

Anniebach Thu 05-Sep-19 08:54:39

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Auntieflo Thu 05-Sep-19 09:14:36

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
It is brightening up here, after rain at some time earlier.
I turned the heating on this morning, to have warm towels in the bathroom, but went round and turned off all the other radiators.
DH thinks I am mad, but I like warm towels, so there.
Happy anniversary Venall, we have just had our 58th, gulp!
Gillybob, well done on surviving the visitation, and the loo clean. Hope your DH will manage until his appointment comes around.
Marydoll, enjoy your much looked forward to holiday, and let the hotel spoil you, as you are a much valued guest.
Yesterday, out TV was taken away, as the chap said the screen had gone. It kept losing the picture, then coming back. So we are now waiting to see what will be offered, as it was still under guarantee.
We also Freecycled a scaffolding board, that had been in the garage for years. It was amazing how many replies we had.
I am now going to try my luck with a very shabby chic pair of old wooden step ladders, paint splashes, not optional.
BlueSapphire has just reminded me that we have a can of engine oil, so maybe that could be re-homed as well.
Have a good day one and all.

Harris27 Thu 05-Sep-19 09:21:55

Good morning all after a better nights sleep. Waking every two hours with the feeling to wee. It’s getting a bit easier with the stent and fingers crossed pain has eased just discomfort. Will have to have another option in 4/6 weeks but will deal with that then, still feel a bit off balance probably all the morphine etc coming down! Thank you gillybob for your concern. Love your posts as have grandchildren myself and I’m amazed at all your efforts and juggling! You inspire ! Well have a good day all attempting to get suitcases emptied and washed from last weekend return nightmare!! Wish I had a house godmother at the moment!

Harris27 Thu 05-Sep-19 09:23:10

Sorry meant to wish marydoll a lovely holiday enjoy every minute!

Mapleleaf Thu 05-Sep-19 09:24:33

Good morning.
It's bright and cheerful here this morning, though still chilly. It doesn't look as breezy as yesterday, either.
Welcome to the thread Moggie and Emma49.
Congratulations to you and your DH Vena11 ??.
Glad to hear you arrived safely in Rome, Marydoll. Enjoy your well deserved holiday.
To all who are unwell, I hope you soon feel better.
Those of you still on holiday, have a lovely time.
I'm pleased to report that my washing machine is fixed and the washing safely retrieved! I had visions of having to buy a new machine, but hopefully this one will keep going a bit longer now. Apparently the brushes had worn!
Off to sort out some clothes for packing now, a job I don't like as I can never decide what to pack and always take far too much, or forget something I wish I had packed. Hey ho, there's bigger things to worry about, I know.
Hope everyone has a nice day.

EllanVannin Thu 05-Sep-19 09:47:56

Good Morning All x
Still windy here on the coast but it's keeping the rain clouds away. Wind is getting rather keen too ! Winter draws on.

Will I ever learn not to munch fig biscuits as though there's no tomorrow ?? I knew I'd pay for it ! Better than Dyno-Rod.

If the initial start to your holiday didn't test your strength Marydoll, nothing will, so enjoy your stay. Anyone else away or going away, enjoy yourselves and make the most of the warmth.

Nothing much in store for today apart from a bit of tidying up and putting things in cupboards to give some semblance of order to the place----until you open them.

Those who are under the weather I hope things improve and to everyone, enjoy your day.