Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Sun 08-Sep-19 06:13:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but grey sky over Brackley this morning, usual Sunday have a ready made meal today.
Will watch the Vuelta on Eurosport and the Tour of Britain on on ITV4 later.
Mick

Grannycool52 Sun 08-Sep-19 09:21:51

Good morning from our very busy airport. Yesterday we had the great idea of packing up, unplugging everything, locking up the house and coming to stay the night at a hotel 5 minutes from the airport terminal. It's been a great success ?. I am so much more relaxed than I'd normally be when departing ?.

Auntieflo Sun 08-Sep-19 09:30:00

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
It's another bright and sunny morning here. I thought it might be good, as we had a "Shepherd's delight, Red Sky" yesterday evening.
Had my MRI scan, and got a warm back, from the magnet, and a cold face from the fan!
Should really go and shower now, as Church at 10.30.
Have just heard that my niece's daughter, ( what does that make her? Grand niece) has passed her driving test, first time round, clever girl.
Also saw a photo of our DD and SIL enjoying an afternoon tea, courtesy of DGD and DGS, for their wedding anniversary.

After lunch, I may potter in the garden and put in a new plant, that just happened to find it's way into my shopping basket, yesterday.
Have a good day one and all.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 08-Sep-19 09:30:33

Good morning from east London, bright, sunny and cool outside. Fantastic session at the music party last night, DP nearly joined in the singing, now have to pull ourselves together to take DS back to uni. in Chichester. Instead of coming home, we’re keeping going to the New Forest for a few days, which just coincides with the builders ‘hitting’ the bathroom replacing the bath with a shower. Today it’s 40 years since I moved to London to work for Camden Council on its housing management graduate training scheme. Water under the bridge.. have a good day everyone.

Harris27 Sun 08-Sep-19 10:09:45

Feeling more awake and walking better so off to work tomorrow. Don’t get paid being off so will try and get back to the grind. I have missed the children and realised how much social interaction I miss! Lovely day in ne. Watching the north run later same as you gillybob.

nonnasusie Sun 08-Sep-19 10:39:03

Good morning from a sunny Warrington. We've had two hectic but enjoyable days in Cornwall with friends and arrived here on Friday. Had a BBQ with some of the family yesterday and today is my birthday so my son and family are spoiling me. Tomorrow we move on to Manchester to stay with my step daughter and family.

Hymnbook Sun 08-Sep-19 11:03:58

Morning sunny here in Huthwaite. No plans no fun doing things on your own. May do some house work. Perhaps l'll make a start on sorting stuff out ready to move if l ever do.

Funnygran Sun 08-Sep-19 14:31:09

I usually read this thread but haven’t contributed. Having had a busy weekend with grandsons staying I’m having a cuppa and catching up with Gransnet before tackling the beds etc. MawB I’m interested to read that you are in the Harz mountains as it’s an area I’ve visited a few times since we have family that lived in the area for a few years. We found it beautiful both in winter and summer and hardly known to British tourists so am interested to hear what you think of it.

glammagran Sun 08-Sep-19 14:37:15

vena11 Dyrham Park is a lovely place to go for a walk. Did you see any fawns amongst the fallow deer?