Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(42 Posts)
Beechnut Thu 26-Sep-19 06:07:24

We are off......

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 26-Sep-19 08:42:52

Good morning from east London, where, like Norts, I can say it’s wet and miserable but still mild. No tennis this morning due to the weather so will be helping DP with our defects list for the builders. Packing to be done for our trip north tomorrow and choir this evening. Have a good day.

moggie Thu 26-Sep-19 08:45:50

Good morning all. Wet start in Nottingham. Car service today, will go shopping in town with DH, I think it will be a short outing as he doesn't really like shopping trips. Flu jabs start next week at hospital where I work for staff. Have a good day all.

Anniebach Thu 26-Sep-19 08:52:37

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Marydoll Thu 26-Sep-19 08:54:40

Annie, I've just read your good news on another thread. I'm so pleased for you!

NainFron Thu 26-Sep-19 08:55:28

Good morning all from N Wales. I'm off to Nottingham today to spend the weekend with DS and his heavily pregnant fiancée. I'm looking forward to it! Hope you all have a great day ❤

gillybob Thu 26-Sep-19 08:55:48

A very late good morning from the NE coast where it is dull and damp .

I have had a pretty miserable night with DH pacing around the house in agony and me coughing with a sore throat and bad chest that has seemed to come from nowhere .

Running late for “that place” , I would normally be arriving around now but have just finishing getting ready, I feel so tired and miserable I could happily crawl back into bed . Its wages day and the lads are out on site so I have no choice but to go in .

I hope everyone has a good Thursday x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 26-Sep-19 08:56:23

Morning all from a dull and wet South Notts, heavy rain in the night. Obviously because I washed the car yesterday.

A quiet day then hope to go to quilting group in the evening.

Hope all is well with everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 26-Sep-19 09:01:30

Goodmorning from a grey damp SE Essex.

DIL and baby are home, so shall pop round later to see if they need anything. Son is off work so no doubt he will have everything under control doing nursery drop off/pick ups etc., so basically I am popping in for a cuddle!!!

No Grandma duties today, no housework.

Hope you feel better gillybob, Marydoll and anyone else feeling poorly.

Greyduster Thu 26-Sep-19 09:02:35

Good morning all. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire. Don’t suppose it will last. A day at home for us today, then school run later. Have a good day folks.

Grammaretto Thu 26-Sep-19 09:17:53

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Actually on the bus into Edinburgh stuck in a roadworks jam.
Sunny here. I'm meeting a friend at the station and we are off on a jaunt
Wishing you all a happy and productive day.

Shazel1 Thu 26-Sep-19 09:31:59

Morning ime new hear so hello everyone .

Shazel1 Thu 26-Sep-19 09:33:03

Morning ime new so need to get used to site lol might have posted twice ?

Marydoll Thu 26-Sep-19 10:15:08

Shazel1, welcome. You will find we are a friendly bunch here!

Legs55 Thu 26-Sep-19 10:38:59

Good morning all from sunny Devon, heavy rain overnight. Day at home getting sorted out before I go away next week.

Hospital Appointment yesterday went well, now got a diagnosis, treatment sorted out, just need to see how I get along. DD came with me so I had a "flying visit" to see DGSs.

Wishing every-one a good day, those of you with "sniffles" health problemsflowers

Mapleleaf Thu 26-Sep-19 11:12:09

Good morning everyone,
It's brightish but cloudy here at the moment and looks as if it might start to rain again. It's a bit blustery today, so perhaps the dark clouds will move on.
Don't apologise, Norsat46 - it's normal to feel as you do. My lovely dad died 17 years ago today and the feeling of loss is always there. My Mum followed 4 years after, and like you, I wish I could still pop round and share a cup of tea and a natter with them.
I agree with Urmstongran, Marydoll - pace yourself. If you do see your friends today, enjoy, but come home if you feel tired.
Hope today is kind to you all.

Julie64 Thu 26-Sep-19 14:14:44

Good afternoon from a very showery Lincoln! I'm looking after my granddaughter whilst my daughter goes to see the midwife.