Gransnet forums

Chat

Everyone looks twelve

(55 Posts)
morethan2 Mon 30-Sep-19 17:48:41

That’s it really. Suddenly everyone looks twelve.
We’re having some work done and new kitchen and a kitchen fitter has just been. I kept thinking “I hope you know what your doing sonny” when he mentioned getting home to his wife because it was his 7th wedding anniversary.
What with that and suddenly not being able to open food packaging I’m must be getting old...oh and a Very kind younger women gave up her seat on the underground for me the other day so I must be looking old too. I’m only 66and 3/4 grin

GrandmaMoira Wed 02-Oct-19 11:42:46

My DGD found it hard to understand that I am not the same age as the Queen. She believes I am very, very old so it was a struggle for her to accept that two of the Queen's children are older than me. Philip is the same age as my late father.

HootyMcOwlface Wed 02-Oct-19 11:49:48

When my dentist started (first post after uni I learned) I was really shocked when I first saw him as he really did look about 12. That must have been about 15 years ago and he still looks the same to me (bless him, he’s lovely)!

Auntieflo Wed 02-Oct-19 12:25:43

Wow, one of the Dr's who came to see me yesterday, looked hardly that.

Oopsminty Wed 02-Oct-19 12:29:12

Ha, GrandmaMoira. They are funny, aren't they? My 8 year old grandson thinks I'm 38. The 10 year old reckons I must be getting on for 90.