Gransnet forums

Chat

Photo, please, of your favorite mug or teacup.

(78 Posts)
PageTurner Sun 13-Oct-19 20:20:26

As a follow-up to giulia's post "Tea in a pot with a teacosy, anyone?", I started thinking of all the favorite mugs I have had over the years. I still have only a few-mugs given to me or mugs I purchased on holidays.
Photo features the only teapot I have and two mugs that my DH and I use every day (mainly for coffee)
My mug is the Kahaldi Brothers & Salmon Sisters mug given to me by my son for Mother's Day. KB is a coffee shop and SS sells canned salmon and ladies clothes in their shops. Both businesses are in Alaska.
The Hakai Pass mug is my DH's cup. There is a fishing resort there that a good friend owned for many years. It is located on the west coast of Canada. A very beautiful location in a very beautiful country.
Do your favorite mugs bring back memories?
Love to see a photo if you can post it.

rocketstop Wed 16-Oct-19 19:31:56

It's really bizarre how much I have enjoyed this thread ! I have a different mug for my morning tea than I do for my daytime one, and a different one for my evening cup. Thought it was just me,who knew ? !!!

Gonegirl Wed 16-Oct-19 15:42:09

My current favourite mug, now my pink one is handleless, was bought by me from the Globe theatre shop, and says, "Wise Enough to Play the Fool". (Twelfth Night)

Gonegirl Wed 16-Oct-19 15:38:36

I've got the identical one to the fourth pottery item on your shelf Marmight. Can't actually stand drinking from it though.

moggie57 Wed 16-Oct-19 12:52:48

cant send photo yet but ita a cup witrh a hare on it ."hare today ,gone tomorrow "

Greyduster Wed 16-Oct-19 11:10:57

I have three. Two are bone china; the Super Gran mug, a present from GS when he was five, is English creamware. I like to see my fingers through whatever I am drinking out of! I love the walking mug too, Bradfordlass but I’d be terrified of breaking it!

Marmight Tue 15-Oct-19 18:50:19

I have far more mugs than I need, even though I halved the amount when I moved. They’re mostly Emma Bridgewater, so I work my way along the shelf but the one I mostly choose is the Holly & Ivy in the middle of the shelf. It was in my late DHs stocking for his last Christmas chosen, of course, by Mrs Santa Claus ??

PageTurner Tue 15-Oct-19 17:47:58

*Bradfordlass72*. I love the walking mug. Whoeve made it has a wonderful imagination.
I don't think that I could use it, though, I am waaay too clumsy!?

Auntieflo Tue 15-Oct-19 17:11:33

BradfordLass72, love the walking mug, but if ever you need to find a home for the blue and white one, I have just the spot.
?

BradfordLass72 Tue 15-Oct-19 13:10:43

Here are my two

Auntieflo Tue 15-Oct-19 11:03:24

How can I choose a favourite? I have a few that are special.
The tiny one on the right, I bought in a charity shop, for 50p, and I think it is hand painted, with a ladybird on the back.
The blue and white, at the back, one is good for coffee.
I was given the garden theme one, from a work colleague, many years ago.
My bucket, on the left, is for when I need a lot!

Nortsat46 Tue 15-Oct-19 10:35:21

Emma Bridgwater cocoa mug - I think the design is called Peacock.
It's a great size for that early morning coffee, made by partner and brought up to bed !

annep1 Tue 15-Oct-19 09:51:05

Giulia to add a photo go to "choose file" below the message box. Then choose camera and take one and click done, or my files and select photo and then choose done.
Thats how it works on my Samsung.
You can delete the image before posting.

Roses Tue 15-Oct-19 09:45:09

I have a favourite bone china mug that has been on every holiday with me,from holiday cottages to Australia .
I only drink tea and hate a thick mug, there are coffee shops that I won't use as the cups are like soup bowls.
My mug is white with a very faded pattern as its so old and been washed thousands of times.

OmaforMaya Tue 15-Oct-19 03:05:04

Sorry forgot the picture ?

OmaforMaya Tue 15-Oct-19 03:00:23

My 'Herdy' mug is my favourite as I am an ardent knitter.

gmarie Mon 14-Oct-19 22:49:58

I have a lot of cups that I love, especially the sentimental ones from my sons but I have to say this one is my current favorite because it makes me chuckle every time. My admin friends gave it to me in my retirement gift basket. smile

Musicgirl Mon 14-Oct-19 22:33:00

Shazam, look on Ebay. There are loads of Dunoon mugs on there.

Shizam Mon 14-Oct-19 21:47:22

That’s sad gonegirl. Was dismayed when son smashed my favourite cup ever a few years ago. He was trying to be helpful tho. Emptying dishwasher. ??

Shizam Mon 14-Oct-19 21:42:37

Yes!!! I have just two left now. Dunoon bone china, slimish, good size, but not too big. Tea tastes so much better out of them. Can’t find them any more. Get so vexed when annoying visitors use them. Offspring know better!

OPgrndtr Mon 14-Oct-19 21:40:21

We are both retired, and my DH is usually awake first. He always makes my first cuppa, so he chooses which of my many cups he thinks will make me smile.

anniezzz09 Mon 14-Oct-19 20:51:46

'Where there's tea there's hope' has got me through many testing moments.

Gonegirl Mon 14-Oct-19 19:44:14

Well, I'm a bit sad about my favourite mug this evening. Bashed it in the washing up. sad

DanniRae Mon 14-Oct-19 19:34:28

Yes kitty - my mug is the same design but the back ground colour is duck egg blue. Isn't that a amazing? grin

chrissyh Mon 14-Oct-19 19:26:06

I love a mug with a saying on it but prefer to drink from a porcelain one. I was really pleased to receive this one as a gift.

Mauriherb Mon 14-Oct-19 18:43:50

I love this thread ! My son has always laughed at me for using specific mugs for my tea and coffee . It's great to know I'm not alone