Gransnet forums

Chat

what wouldnt you wear?

(109 Posts)
petunia Wed 16-Oct-19 11:35:25

Is there anything you wouldn't wear-for any reason?

I'll give you my example.

I recently spotted a lovely, cosy padded jacket in a gorgeous purple velvet. They had my size. Should I or shouldn't I? Could I justify adding it to my wardrobe? Where would I wear it? These thoughts rushed through my head but I dismissed them all. I loved the colour, it was warm and super cosy. Its felt divine. I took out my bank card, went to complete the purchase.

Then the thought hit me. If I wore this jacket, (I'm fairly well endowed in the bosom department by the way) I would look like a blueberry on legs. So I didn't buy the jacket.

granof14 Sat 19-Oct-19 11:54:57

I would just be happy to get something to fit me. Being a size 4 and 71 years old teenage clothes may fit but talk about mutton as lamb!

Lilyflower Sun 20-Oct-19 22:21:40

Fleece. No one should ever wear fleece unless they are male and climbing a mountain.

newnanny Mon 21-Oct-19 12:29:27

I wear a thick fleece for walking the dogs in the winter around the lake.

Marmight Mon 21-Oct-19 17:00:01

I often wear a fleece. Iā€™m not a man nor a mountaineer hmm

callgirl1 Tue 22-Oct-19 23:31:45

Sorry, I missed the replies regarding tights. My problem is that I just can`t put them on anymore, my legs won`t bend in the right direction. I`d have the same problem with leggings, in fact, I can only just about get trousers on after a struggle. I can see problems with knickers before much longer, lol!

MissAdventure Wed 23-Oct-19 00:07:42

smile
Wayward legs.

Winniewit Wed 23-Oct-19 12:30:25

I wouldn't wear those ankle length trousers.. Honestly what is the point of them.

MissAdventure Wed 23-Oct-19 20:39:21

Well, years ago a lady I looked after always complimented me on my trim ankles. (She never commented about the rest of me!)

So I feel I ought to show off what is apparently an asset. smile