Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Sat 19-Oct-19 06:15:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking dry outside this morning, my usual trip out , prior to my sister coming down from Market Drayton .
Bus to Buckingham , due to the fair in Buckingham, I will get the X5 to Oxford there at Tesco stop about 0955 , then when I get to Oxford go for an all day breakfast in Browns in the covered market , a small pub crawl, and then bus to Banbury ,and home, meet sister and then see how the rest of day pans out.
Mick

Brunette10 Sat 19-Oct-19 09:17:17

Good Morning albeit late today from Fife. Woke up to no power this morning, on now and running. It's very damp outside and quite yuk. Have DD, and DGS's tonight for an overnight, SIL away for evening cycling so looking forward to having the three of them here. No point tidying up today. Hope that gilly and her DH are both ok, be good to hear from her. Hope everyone has a pleasant enough day.

Auntieflo Sat 19-Oct-19 09:20:22

Hi again.
I was feeling , not too bad, but I have just had the chair that I was sitting on, break under me, and I landed on the floor.

Luckily I didn't hurt anything, but I do feel shaken up. The chair is one of a set of four folding kitchen chairs, and it just snapped at the back, where there are metal bits that went into the frame. After my fall last month, my op etc, I now feel very wobbly.
Sorry for the moans.

NannyJan53 Sat 19-Oct-19 09:35:10

Good Morning from a bright Black Country

Partner is watching the Rugby. Then we will have a wander in to town as there is a open weekend by the Stourbridge Navigation Trust at the Bonded Warehouse. Lots of canal boats, food, craft stalls, music etc.

Had phone call yesterday from my bestie who moved to Lincolnshire 2 years ago, she had been in A&E until 3am! She has been in pain for over 2 weeks. They have ruled out blood clot and heart attack! Just wish I was nearer.

Oxford is our favourite place to visit Mick

Pleased you are feeling 'human' again Marydoll

The gillybobs are much in my thoughts, I hope there is better news soon

vena11 Sat 19-Oct-19 10:03:52

Oh dear auntieflo hope you are ok.

moggie Sat 19-Oct-19 10:58:02

NanKate weather is good in Palma, ideal for the weddingsmile

NanKate Sat 19-Oct-19 11:55:28

Thank you Moggie the sparkling is in the fridge. ?

MawB Sat 19-Oct-19 12:06:35

Good morning all from bright and breezy N Bucks
Watching the rugby - one down , one to go and then going to a matinee performance of “Gaslight” at Watford Theatre with a friend.
It’s a reworking of the story and promises to be powerful.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

dragonfly46 Sat 19-Oct-19 12:08:30

Sorry to hear that AuntieFlo not what you want after your op. Hope you get your momentum back soon.

Marydoll Sat 19-Oct-19 12:28:31

AuntieFlo, I hope you are ok!

Urmstongran Sat 19-Oct-19 13:55:36

Oh AuntieFlo! You’ll have gotten quite a jolt from that chair collapsing underneath you - you would never expect something like that to happen. No wonder you were shaken up. I hope you are alright now. x

Grammaretto Sat 19-Oct-19 14:14:15

Good afternoon from the Scottish Borders where it has poured all morning but is at last clear.

I popped in to see if there was any news from Gilly. I hope no news is good news.

I've been busy at our community cafe and now have been trying to explain to a newish friend that you can like dogs but not want one - even to visit! no thanks.

Tomorrw we go away for a few days to DD and the DGC and animals.

Auntieflo Sat 19-Oct-19 16:08:44

Thank you all for your kind wishes.
I was definitely shaken up, you don't realise until a bit later. DH took me out for coffee and that cheered me up, meeting friends and forgetting myself.
Then we went shopping and came home for lunch.
I do feel much better now, but am having a very lazy afternoon.