Gransnet forums

Chat

Has anyone ever fallen asleep holding something in their hand?

(58 Posts)
AS97 Sat 26-Oct-19 17:43:47

We're all tired, I think that's a given. I just thought it be funny to share in lifes awkward moments. Having recently done this myself with a drink resulting in a very brief thought of "did I pee myself blush".

So,
Where were you at the time?
What were you holding?
How did it end?

AS

BradfordLass72 Thu 31-Oct-19 07:16:00

Cari your post - and several others, have had me giggling.

Love the wooden banana .....and how sweet to wake up finding the dear little boy holding your hand Jane.

Outwiththeold Fri 01-Nov-19 17:43:10

Glasses of wine. Too many to count. Only a few spillages though. I sit quite still in my sleep.

Choco64 Wed 06-Nov-19 18:43:22

When I was younger I used to drink a bottle of wine on a Friday evening. Sometimes I fell asleep with a glass in my hand. Ruined a pair of white jeans doing this.

OldTart Mon 25-Nov-19 14:42:54

I know it's it old post but thought I'd share anyway. Had another incident last night. Made one of them herbal teas that help you sleep. Took it up to bed with me and well I guess they work too well because the next thing I know it's soaking through my nightie. Gone cold luckily but still gave be quite a shock.

Wheniwasyourage Mon 25-Nov-19 14:59:55

Books, both in bed and in the bath.

Not quite the same, but I remember when I was little waking up in the very early hours of Christmas Day and opening my stocking. I found a chocolate Santa Claus and had started eating it when I fell asleep again. The next time I woke up, I had chocolate all over my hair and one cheek, not to mention the pillow. What a waste!

Lifeofanarco Wed 04-Dec-19 16:58:29

I have a mild form of narcolepsy and I can nod off like a flick of a switch. I fall asleep holding things all the time. Mainly small things like pens, books, remotes and one time on the toilet whilst holding my toothbrush. But there's been quite a few instances where I've dozed off holding a hot cup of tea/coffee and tipped them in me lap. The skin on my thighs don't even burn now they've just become accustom to it. The most dangerous time was when I was stood up chopping vegetables. Lucky the knife fell on the chopping board. I fell and hit my head, need 3 stitches along my eye brow. I'm 64 now and I've suffered with it since I was 48. I just try live life like any normal human being, even if it means the odd accident here and there.

Maggiemaybe Wed 04-Dec-19 17:47:09

In bed, my phone, more times than I care to admit.

And I wake up with a jolt to find that I'm about to report a post, or post a line of pure jibberish (not for the first time, some might say grin).