Gransnet forums

Chat

Own up ! Do you do this ?

(87 Posts)
Gemini1789 Thu 31-Oct-19 19:04:05

How many people will own up to being nasty under the cloak of anonymity ?
Are you just as pleasant and polite on here as I am sure you are in real life ?

Gonegirl Sat 02-Nov-19 13:42:49

I obviously meant 'aspersions'. Can't reply anymore cos I've forgotten the lot of it.

PS Making "veiled comments" is something I definitely don't do. grin

Nonnie Sat 02-Nov-19 16:21:48

I knew what you meant Gone. PS, neither to I, sometimes I am quite blunt, but always polite smile

Gonegirl Sat 02-Nov-19 16:25:38

?

PamelaJ1 Sat 02-Nov-19 20:23:39

I do try not to be unpleasant on GN but I think as someone up thread said sometimes posts come over in quite a different way to the spoken word.
I do tend to be a bit sarcastic in RL but I can judge better whether the person is ‘getting it or not.’ I think sometimes on rereading a post I am aware that my phraseology is wrong. I that it can be a mistake to respond too quickly to what maybe a criticism but, actually, may not be.
It’s not what you say but the way that you say it!

PamelaJ1 Sat 02-Nov-19 20:25:08

The last! Should have been a ?
See what I mean!

annep1 Sat 02-Nov-19 21:46:23

Thank you MawB. I thought it might be GG54. She can be very rude at times to put it mildly. She has said unkind things to me about Northern Ireland. I don't think she realises and sometimes she can't be excused but she does add something interesting to GN. I often find myself thinking I wonder what Gabriella will say about this. I think it's good to hear different viewpoints. GN would be very boring if everyone thought the same way. Even in RL we don't always agree with our friends.

Tangerine Sat 02-Nov-19 21:49:18

I think GG54 has left.

annep1 Sat 02-Nov-19 22:48:43

I didn't say quite what I meant. What I meant was I know GG54 can be rude but she is interesting and often amusing. I think its a shame she has left.

grannyactivist Sat 02-Nov-19 23:41:35

My family and friends all know who I am on GN and I have met grans from Scotland, the North West and the South West, where I live. So, I am far from anonymous, but even if I weren’t I’d like to think that my speech and actions are congruent across all areas of my life.

Nonnie Sun 03-Nov-19 10:58:31

GA I think I met you in Brum once, maybe it was someone else. I also talk to my close friends and family about GN. I think some of the younger ones think all we talk about is our GC though! I have passed on some things I have learned here which they have found helpful.

M0nica Sun 03-Nov-19 16:33:41

I am no different on Gransnet than I am in real life. Mostly I try to understand and conciliate, but now and again I get snippy.