Gransnet forums

Chat

Supernatural experiences - do you believe?

(178 Posts)
Tedber Fri 29-Nov-19 19:43:51

A post by someone else sparked me thinking. Who believes? Who thinks they have had supernatural experiences and are mediums genuine or con artists?

I am not even sure what I believe. but....

When my first husband died I was away and I awoke in a room to a rustling sound in the corner of the room in hotel. I woke up and switched on the light, saw it was 4 a.m. and my immediate thought was its ok "It is the ghosts"..... Er? not one for being irrational, but I shook myself and said to myself "ghosts" WTF are you talking about.? There was absolutely nothing in the corner of the room. Not a chair, bag, zilch.... Went back to sleep and was phoned later the next day to say my husband had been found dead and ....later again found out estimated time of death was 4 a.m.! I then returned home to Scotland and that night I got a phone call on my mobile it was from a LANDLINE number in the town I was in - I went to pick it up but it disconnected.... the time was 4 a.m.! I even wrote it down in case I lost it. I phoned it back and a woman answered sleepily, she sounded old and categorically told me I had woken her and she had NOT phoned anyone. She told me she lived alone and didn't know me or my husband! I believed her!

Now what are the chances of someone in the same area you are in picking a random mobile phone number anyway???

Some years later (when we had moved to England) my daughter and I went to a spiritualist church - more out of curiosity than anything. Totally speechless when the guy pointed to us and told us he had someone there who was showing matches and cards? sounds odd ..yeah? except my daughter and her dad always played crib with matches!!! He also mentioned the name of the town we lived in! Seriously, it is not any common town in Scotland, but could be a first name!

He said a lot more and we couldn't say a word ...just totally mesmerised.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar or is it just nonsense?

newgran2019 Fri 06-Dec-19 14:19:19

No, it was one I saw the other day. Very interesting thread all round!

timetogo2016 Sat 07-Dec-19 10:39:31

I totally believe.
I went to see John Edward the American medium/physic.
He told me things that were impossible for him to know.
EG , I have my fathers glasses and there is an coin in there that`s not from this country also I`m about to move house as he is seeing boxes,i told him that`s not the case as I have only just moved house in the last three months.
He said well your moving again.
Cut along story short I did have my fathers glasses and when I looked in there was an American dollar coin in it .
And I met and moved in with my new husband to be six months later.
There`s so much more I could post but it would take ages.
Also my DIL got messages that were spot on too.