Gransnet forums

Chat

Oldest M&S dressing gown?

(59 Posts)
annep1 Sun 22-Dec-19 11:11:26

My stepson was staying last night and commented that his dad was wearing the dressing gown that he remembered as a child.
It's an M&S, still has St Michael on the label. It's one he had when I met him in 1996 and is still in great order and not faded.
Can anyone top this?

Resurgam123 Mon 23-Dec-19 23:50:34

I have a very comfortable M&S dressing gown my daughter bought for me as a Christmas present. Possibly about 9yrs ago.
I have no idea.
It is very soft and warm but really I should shorten it before I trip over it.
I am getting wary about trippng over things now.

MissAdventure Tue 24-Dec-19 01:21:15

I think my M & S dressing gown is a spring chicken compared to the rest.

I got it from a charity shop perhaps about 5 or 6 years ago, but it was in excellent condition, so I'm assuming it was newish.

Its burgundy, not exactly glamorous, but it zips right down the front. Lovely!

JuliaM Tue 24-Dec-19 06:23:08

I still have my M&S Dressing gown that l took into hospital with me when my daughter was born in 1980. It’s a lightweight pink one with an embroidered spray of pastel coloured flowers on the neckline, and a wrap over style, perfect for covering my ‘bump’ at the time.
I kept it due to the fond memories it holds, but no longer wear it after generally putting on weight as the years have gone by. My daughter turns 40 next April, and now has two grown up children of her own, how time flys, l remember sitting and watching the dawn break over the grounds of the maternity home where she was born, and the spring mist rising as the warm sunshine hit the frosted ground.

Resurgam123 Wed 25-Dec-19 08:18:45

I will own up to filling another hot water bottle about 2 hrs ago. And I am still in my dressing gown .

LullyDully Wed 25-Dec-19 08:31:48

Built to last, no wonder M & S are struggling. My dressing gown must be quite old, it was my husband's but I took it over. Too snuggly to throw out.

Jane10 Wed 25-Dec-19 08:57:52

I'm sitting snuggly in my M&S dressing gown right now. It's so cosy that I can't face taking it off and having a shower (yet!)

Grannytwo Sat 28-Dec-19 12:17:19

My hubby has a pair of summer trousers bought in 1985 and he will not part with them. They still fit but I hide them as they are bit thin on the bum!

Witzend Sun 29-Dec-19 10:07:59

I have one, now a ‘guest’ dressing gown, that must be 20 years old, M&S, still very nice. Having left my own, longer and even cosier one at dd’s, I’m wearing it again.