Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Christmas Day to all the GNs [tchsmile]

(88 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 25-Dec-19 06:37:19

I'm being bold and opening up , as the Deputy must have slept in! tchwink

Alygran Wed 25-Dec-19 08:09:37

Good morning and happy Christmas from Derbyshire where I am staying with DD2.
Off to see DD1 and family for lunch. DGS is nearly 11 but still wanted to put cookies and carrots out last night! I think he is hedging his bets!
Hope everyone has a good day whether with family and friends or curled up on the sofa with a favourite movie.

BlueSapphire Wed 25-Dec-19 08:11:13

Good morning and a very happy Christmas to everyone from Northampton where it looks fine and dry. About to make a bacon sandwich and have a festive glass of fizz, on my own in the house for the first time on Christmas morning, but it's ok; shall be walking up to DS's later where the DGDs will be eagerly waiting for me, and also DD and her husband, to arrive so that they can open their presents!

DS is cooking, so I know that lunch will be excellent. DD and DDil will be making exotic cocktails, and we shall have a lovely family day. Will be raising a glass to DH and remembering the happy times.

Wishing all a truly wonderful day.

jacq10 Wed 25-Dec-19 08:15:23

Good morning from the north of Scotland. I always read this thread every morning and would like to say how much it has helped me get through a difficult year. Sometimes reading the posts I have been in tears - sometimes I'm laughing out loud! Hope everyone has the Christmas they deserve - thank you Gransnetters.

lavenderzen Wed 25-Dec-19 08:17:45

Good morning everyone. A Happy and Peaceful Christmas to you all tchsmile

brook2704 Wed 25-Dec-19 08:17:54

Sending warm wishes to all on GN - hoping everybody enjoys the day in their own special way ❤️

Bobdoesit Wed 25-Dec-19 08:18:11

Good morning all. We are off to visit my sister (who lost her husband in November) and then on to my parents-in-law (both in their 90s). We have a cool box ready to pack with goodies and presents to distribute. Looking forward to the day and will no doubt be glad to get home to bed once all is done! Wishing you all a happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

Gagagran Wed 25-Dec-19 08:19:34

Happy Cbristmas from the M25! En route to DS's for lunch and presents for DGDs - we have said none for us as we have everything we need and more! Traffic is 99 per cent cars and weather is kind so all is well. Hope the day is a good one for us all.

Granny23 Wed 25-Dec-19 08:20:08

I'm a bit nervous this am, as we have decided to bring DH down from his Care Home to join Me the DDs and DGC for brunch and present opening. Hopefully, he will be in the same mood as he has been lately, calm, jocular and pleased to see us. My worry is that he will not be pleased to return to the Home for Christmas Lunch but fingers crossed it will be OK.

I will be going to DD2,s house for Christmas Dinner part 1, then to DD1's house for Part 2, Going to be a busy day, wish me luck.

Fletcher1 Wed 25-Dec-19 08:20:13

Good morning everyone merry Christmas to you all

dragonfly46 Wed 25-Dec-19 08:23:47

Good morning the sun is rising in Leicestershire.

Relaxed day today as all the prep is done and we won’t eat until 7. Just waiting for DD and SiL to get up so we can have brunch then opening the presents.

Happy Christmas everyone ??

LadyGracie Wed 25-Dec-19 08:25:05

Merry Christmas to everyone. Thick frost this morning in South Wales.

LullyDully Wed 25-Dec-19 08:25:48

So it's a Merry Christmas from me to all the gang who visit GN. Enjoy yourselves today.

We are visiting our youngest son, his lovely partner and the teens. We have seen everyone else so far since Sunday, all the family.....looking forward to an unlikely rest.. Mx

Lins1066 Wed 25-Dec-19 08:27:15

Good Morning Marydoll and all. It is a dry, still morning on the S Welsh coast.
Wishing everyone a Happy Christmas.

moggie Wed 25-Dec-19 08:30:46

Good morning all from dry Nottingham. Happy Christmas everyone, I hope you all have a lovely day whatever your plans. We are going to DD & partner today. Best wishes to Gillybob & all struggling with health or worries.

DoraMarr Wed 25-Dec-19 08:35:19

Good morning from a beautifully sunny Birmingham. I ‘ve been up since 7, and watched a glorious sunrise with my early morning tea. My son surprised me by arriving yesterday evening, and he stayed the night. I haven’t got much preparation to do for today’s Christmas dinner, so I am going to go for a brisk walk in the park once I have had my shower. Only four of us and a baby for dinner- two of my son’s friends who can’t get home today. I’m going to my youngest daughter this evening for cheese and wine and more present giving.
Have a good day everyone, whatever you are doing.

Chrissielou Wed 25-Dec-19 08:35:21

Merry Christmas everyone!?? I've never posted before but read the thread every day and thought I would officially join in this morning. Hope you all have a wonderful happy day filled with love.

Nannytopsy Wed 25-Dec-19 08:42:03

Good morning Marydoll and all who follow. A very Happy Christmas to everyone and enjoy your day, whether it is quiet or frantic.

rubysong Wed 25-Dec-19 08:47:14

A very happy Christmas to everyone. We've had a bacon butty and a cup of tea in bed. It's a lovely morning here in SE Cornwall and DH has gone for a walk before we go to Church at ten. DS2 and family will be here this afternoon for dinner and we will Skype with DS1 and family in California later.

Nannytopsy Wed 25-Dec-19 08:47:57

Welcome Chrissielou! Merry Christmas!

Jane10 Wed 25-Dec-19 08:50:18

Happy Christmas to everyone from a mist enveloped Edinburgh. DH has done well with his presents (for once!!). Off to DDs for lunch later picking up DS on the way. The DGSs will be at fever pitch of excitement.

mumofmadboys Wed 25-Dec-19 08:50:22

Happy and peaceful Christmas to all whatever you are doing. xx

Anniebach Wed 25-Dec-19 08:53:08

Happy Christmas to Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Wed 25-Dec-19 08:53:24

Good morning and a Very Merry Christmas to all GNs! All is calm, All is bright, in Cornwall at the moment. Alygran our Twelve year old also put a carrot and a mince pie out last night - and if he hadn’t, I would have! He is super excited this morning but is not allowed to open presents until we have had a walk on the beach. I am trying hard to think up an excuse not to go! We are eating Christmas lunch at a very nice pub this afternoon. I hope everyone has a super, jolly, peaceful day! And a warm welcome to you Chrissielou!

emmasnan Wed 25-Dec-19 08:54:14

Merry Christmas to you all, hope you have a lovely day x.

gillybob Wed 25-Dec-19 09:00:53

Good morning and a very Merry Christmas from the NE coast where we have had a very pretty sunrise and it’s clear so I can actually see the sea once again (from my bedroom window that is).

DH and I have not had a good sleep and I was up most of the night but he is now sound as the proverbial top, so I will leave him to rest while I busy myself with preparations for today’s lunch/dinner. Nothing special and no set time this year, I’m afraid it’s a case of “take it or leave it and it will be done when it is done” . tchgrin

Once again and especially today, I would like to thank my wonderful Gransnet friends who have supported me through thick and thin during my DH’s long illness. I honestly never thought I would, ever get him home again and yet here he is .

I do hope everyone has a happy Christmas Day whether you have plans or are spending it alone and special thoughts for those who have lost loved ones throughout the year .

With love and very best wishes

Gillybob x