Chat

Good morning Boxing Day

(58 Posts)
NanKate Thu 26-Dec-19 07:25:11

Where are you all ? ??

phoenix Thu 26-Dec-19 07:25:51

Happy Boxmas!

NanKate Thu 26-Dec-19 07:31:32

I am Mick’s deputy’s deputy as Mary is not around.

Greetings from West Sussex, even the seagulls are asleep ?

Hope you have all recovered from the fun, games, quiet reflection, over indulgence of yesterday ?

I’m gearing up for our belated Christmas celebrations when the grandchildren arrive, plus my son’s girlfriend and her young son. It will be a houseful. This is when I am grateful for the 3 loos at my son’s home ?

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing.

Newquay Thu 26-Dec-19 07:31:43

Good morning from a dark, windy Staffs but don’t think it’s raining!

NanKate Thu 26-Dec-19 07:32:21

And to you Phoenix.

NanKate Thu 26-Dec-19 07:32:43

And you Newquay.

annsixty Thu 26-Dec-19 07:34:02

We were all waiting for someone else to open up Kate
Good morning all from Stockport.
I hesitate to say there may be a few sore heads today!!
I expect you have been awake hours Kate eagerly waiting for your GS’s to arrive.
I had a very nice day yesterday, dinner cooked by someone else, what a treat that was.
Hope you all have the best Boxing Day you can.

mumofmadboys Thu 26-Dec-19 07:35:30

Good morning all! We are due to go out walking at 8.30am. Only 4-5 miles. Good antidote to yesterday! Have a happy , relaxing day everyone!

kittylester Thu 26-Dec-19 07:43:09

Morning all from North Leicestershire where we are forecast rain.

We are watching Cbeebies with dgd2 and dgd3. Their parents are still in bed!

I think we had a nice day yesterday only spoilt by DD3's ex calling to collect the children earlier than expected and having to be nice to him - well it is Christmas.

I hope everyone has a lovely restful day - we intend to - after we have finished the clearing up.

I hope gilly is ok.

Greyduster Thu 26-Dec-19 07:44:21

Good morning, NanKate and all GNs and happy Boxing Day. The weather in Cornwall is foul. OK, so I am really really ready to go home now. Christmas was lovely, but I want a calm space with no noise and proper food! Unfortunately, we have to make a detour into Wales tomorrow to see DH’s family, so it isn’t going to happen until that’s done. Today will be pottering and packing. Have a good day folks.

Beechnut Thu 26-Dec-19 07:49:08

Good Boxing Day Morning to you all.

I had a lovely day yesterday doing nice things but tears were never far away for my DH.

A walk planned for this morning.

Have a good day all ?

ninathenana Thu 26-Dec-19 07:51:07

Good morning from dry windy Kent.
We had added excitement yesterday when I opened the oven to see flames !! It was caused by spilt juices from the turkey igniting on the floor of the oven. It was quickly extinguished but we had every door and window open to clear the fumes.
Family still here, so will just be playing with the children and over eating again.
Have a good day.

Calpurnia Thu 26-Dec-19 08:00:12

What a difference a day makes - weather wise. Yesterday before a quiet lunch we went for a lovely stroll along the sunny seafront admiring the bluest cloud free sky....

Now here today in Torbay the wind is howling, palm trees are being blown around and it’s raining and still quite dark.

Whatever the weather I hope we all have a lovely Boxing Day...... trying to stop thinking about the best way to store all the unused food we always seem to have after Christmas Day!

dragonfly46 Thu 26-Dec-19 08:04:56

Good morning from a very dark Leicestershire.

We had a lovely day yesterday. DD and SIL going home today as they are flying to Montreal tomorrow for New Year so a lovely peaceful day today.

I hope everyone especially gilly had a good day.

cornergran Thu 26-Dec-19 08:07:17

Morning All. Good day yesterday, I am a convert to eating out. Three of us yesterday, five today. It’s damp outside but snug and cheerful inside. Wishing you all well.

Pittcity Thu 26-Dec-19 08:11:39

Good morning from a grey damp Colchester. Yesterday was sunny and we stayed indoors. Today we are off out to watch DD on a Boxing Day run and it's raining.
Will be with family though with a turkey curry later.

harrigran Thu 26-Dec-19 08:14:16

Good morning from a dark NE.
A quiet day for us after having the family yesterday. The restaurant meal was superb but very rich.
Youngest GD played carols on the piano and DD played all the popular Christmas songs.
It was the kind of Christmas we used to have when DC were little.
DD is off to her DH's family to do it all again today.
Hoping gilly got help yesterday and wasn't left to do everything.

Ginny42 Thu 26-Dec-19 08:19:20

Good morning all. Still dark in Cheshire, but it seemed windy but mild in the garden earlier. My DD is already away at the sales and GS sleeping in for once! We had a lovely day yesterday with just the three of us. We had some new games which we enjoyed and set up a rail track for a new train.

A walk later and then a trip to Liverpool this afternoon to walk around the Christmas lights which are stunning this year.

Hope everyone had the best possible day. Hope Gilly enjoyed just being pain free and having her DH home.

Auntieflo Thu 26-Dec-19 08:29:01

Good morning NanKate, Annie and all.
To Gilllybob, I hope you managed to have a peaceful, painfree Christmas, and that you are not exhausted by it all.
It is dark here, but looks dry, and I have just finished my first cup of tea.
Nothing planned for later on, but a bit of tidying and creative thinking about what to eat hmm
Have a good day one and all.

vena11 Thu 26-Dec-19 08:29:04

Good Morning from a dry at the moment Bristol.
A wonderful day yesterday with the family, food and company great and a good few laughs.
Going for a walk this morning weather permitting then a rest full afternoon.
I hope everyone had a lovely day and peaceful nights sleep, I am hoping tonight I will sleep now the excitement is over ,
Enjoy everyone.

Lins1066 Thu 26-Dec-19 08:33:49

Good morning all from a dark and very windy S Welsh coast.
Yesterday was a lovely sunny day and many took part in the Christmas Day Charity swim, including DD.
Hope everyone will enjoy Boxing Day whatever you're doing.

Resurgam123 Thu 26-Dec-19 08:36:44

Good morning another wet forecast here in
Cheshire. Minus 3 wind chill.
I want this year to be over.

Sar53 Thu 26-Dec-19 08:42:14

Good morning everyone from a dull, grey Essex by the sea. We had a lovely day in Leamington yesterday with my eldest daughter and family. The journey was incredibly quick, hardly any traffic on the M25 and M1, a little more on the way home.
It was great spending time with 3 of my granddaughters and seeing them open their presents. The 4 year old dressed up as Elsa, boots and all. The 10 year old, who is now taller than me !!!, loving her new dance leotard and the 8 year old having great fun with all her Harry Potter presents. A great dinner cooked by SIL and lots of laughter.
This afternoon we are at DH's younger daughter's house for more of the same.
Have a good Boxing Day one and all.

Marydoll Thu 26-Dec-19 08:53:57

Good morning all, sorry I'm late to the forum, just not feeling so good today. If only I could blame the drink!!1 tchgrin.
I think my labyrinthitis may be back. sad, so I'm going to chill out today.
I have been busy making pancakes for breakfast, my overnight guests (DD and her fiancé), only gave me a 2* review last Christmas for their hotel stay, chez Marydoll, so I have been trying to improve my score! tchgrin.

We had a lovely day yesterday, my family were very generous, too generous in fact.

The best present of all, my DS2 proposed to his girlfriend and she hadn't a clue he was going to do so.?
He had ordered a ring weeks a go and it hadn't come in time, so he had to run out on Christmas Eve and buy a silver band. Panic all round!! ??

Enjoy your Boxing day. For all those feeling low or unwell, remember you have an army of grans behind you, supporting you. flowers.

Anniebach Thu 26-Dec-19 08:54:12

Good morning Auntyflo and all x