Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you hoping for in 2020?

(81 Posts)
JenniferEccles Tue 31-Dec-19 10:27:09

I am thinking on a personal level.
Are you hoping for better health or continuing good health for you and your loved ones?
Maybe you wish for improved family relationships, or on a more lighthearted note, perhaps foreign travel would be welcome.
I’m not particularly thinking of New Year’s resolutions, more a kind of ‘wish list’

123kitty Wed 01-Jan-20 21:52:48

I hope all of us wishing for good health are being proactive and doing all we can to help ourselves achieve this wish for 2020.

Jacks1 Wed 01-Jan-20 22:01:15

All I want is continuing love from my children and grandchildren

Daisyboots Wed 01-Jan-20 22:57:23

Fairy Nuff I do hope you will be better soon.

On a personal level I would like that the cancer treatment will work and give me some remission which in turn will help my husband. Despite having PTSD he has coped with the past year so well and has been there for me all the time taking over all the chores in the house. Also if I am feeling better we will be able toget out more and come to see the family.
I also wish for better health for everyone suffering on GN and that we are all here in 2021.

I

Destin Thu 02-Jan-20 01:40:16

I am hoping I’m lucky in getting a ticket in the Wimbledon ballot this year! I entered through the website last October and the draw takes place soon and if I’m one of the lucky ones they will send me an email some time this month......fingers crossed!

Destin Thu 02-Jan-20 02:05:48

I agree 123kitty......reading through these posts, 90% are hoping for good health, improved health etc. Good health -throughout life - but especially as you age - doesn’t come easily and, most times, not naturally.

It takes work, it takes perseverance, and it takes commitment to commit to exercise regularly and consistently. Aerobic sessions at least a couple of times a week for heart fitness, weight bearing exercises for bone health, yoga to constantly stretch out shrinking muscles and tight hip flexors and balance issues.

It’s a lifelong commitment but if you want to feel fit and healthy in your 60’s and 70’s then stop wishing, join a gym and start a fitness regime because there are no short cuts to a healthy and energetic lifestyle in our older years.