Gransnet forums

Chat

Going out shopping supermarket in nightwear

(133 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Wed 01-Jan-20 13:24:15

I had to laugh lady shopping in well known supermarket this morning in pjs slippers n dressing gown, oh how times have changed, I’ve seen a few now, not in full attire generally pjs and coat over, I’m not judging each to their own, at least was dressed,I did think of those of us that feel naked if we haven’t got our mascara on to open the door,

lemongrove Thu 02-Jan-20 21:40:33

I think sometimes wearing judgie pants is essential Iam winkI would certainly pull a pair on if there was a hotel fire alarm.

Rosina Sat 04-Jan-20 14:11:43

Sarah65 - yes, that's my thought too. I don't suppose anyone would shower or wash and then put them back on - so it does seem a bit crummy to come out without as much as a freshen up. However, some people probably get up and get dressed without venturing near soap and water, so I suppose it's simply a sign of a more relaxed society. Personally I wouldn't leave the house without my eye makeup - not to mention a shower and shampoo, but then I probably overdo it. Early training I fear!

Yiayia4 Sat 04-Jan-20 19:14:50

Saw a lady today in our local town wearing a dressing gown over normal clothes??

Silverlady333 Wed 08-Jan-20 10:22:24

I wear leisure bottoms around the house with a T shirt or jumper but never go out shopping in them. I certainly couldn't go shopping in my nightclothes as I sleep commando!

maddyone Wed 08-Jan-20 11:15:04

I wouldn’t go out in my pyjamas either. I wear track suit bottoms and a top around the house but always change into my jeans or jeggins to go out, but with the same top on. I used to wear make up all the time, but I will now venture into the local shops without my face on. I still wear make up for any other outings though.

Chestnut Thu 09-Jan-20 15:39:24

Maddyone - are you actually me?

maddyone Thu 09-Jan-20 19:31:33

Haha Chestnut, maybe we were sisters in an earlier life grin